Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 where is the content?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014
    Teladis wrote: »
    smoogie wrote: »
    Where is the content? In The Sims 1, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3...

Sims 3 was a step back on sims 2 when it comes to the sims themselves. Sims 4 improves on the sims, and understood the mistakes very well that sims 3 made.

I totally agree. Not a single doubt. Even TS3 fans know very well that sims in that game were robotic and lifeless.

100 percent yes. I agree exactly. It is such a pleasure getting what feels like real sims again.

I always felt something was missing in the Sims 3 with all the eps, sps, and owning the entire store - that game just never felt complete. I played it a lot too, and just could never completely figure out exactly what it was that bugged me so much. I did know early on that Sims 3 was not good for Legacy style play that I loved the most, but I found a different style to play that game so I still had a lot of fun with it.

But Sims 4 - with in the first play session I realized immediately what Sims 3 had been missing all that time - the Sims in 3 have no personalities and as you said are extremely robotic compared to Sims 2 or Sims 4 Sims. Even with no eps yet - this game feels so much more complete than Sims 3 ever did with all it's stuff - never mind the fact it is far superior in game play smoothness and extremely fast. It is great my sims does not need 2 hours wasted just to get to work; or take hours to go out to the local bar with friends. Whats more when they get to the bars they are already a fair number of sims there and more keep coming unlike Sims 3 where it took hours to arrive somewhere and then once you got there (unless you were in Bridgeport anyway) it took most of the night to even get a handfull of sims to converse and dance with.

I can just imagine how great this game get when we do start getting eps. I just know in Sims 3 by the third day of playing it's base game I was extremely bored. Up until the EPs started, I really hardly jumped into the game. It was the eps that kept Sims 3 going for me, other than a group style playing some of us on a single thread had gotten together and begun playing. Had it not been for that group playing and one of the group making a world just for us to play in - I highly doubt any of the eps up until SN would have kept me in the game like it did.

Not a problem this go round. I cannot believe I have been playing Sims 4 now since 10 am Tuesday morning and here it is Sunday afternoon and I still am excited to jump back into my game - on top of it I laugh out loud all the time - something that was extremely rare in Sims 3 except for all the Sims 3 bloopers - those were pretty funny - but in Sims 4 the game itself keeps me happy and laughing. I'll be over the top when eps start. Oh my gosh, I can not even imagine. Also in Sims 3 I was specific and wanted just certain eps but in Sims 4 I could not even decide anything specific I might want - I think anything would be great seeing we no longer have to depend on eps to keep the game exciting and fun when we have wonderful reactions and play that Sims 4 sims have now.

Even though I have kept my sims 3 installed (Sims 2 is also installed) as I was sure I'd get bored with just a base game - here it is 5 days later and I am still excited I will be going in my game today - and still looking forward to see what the sims have up their sleeves for me today. I no longer have to force the game and story - the Sims in 4 make the story for me and I can just follow their lead with no effort at all. They are sure to keep surprising me - and best of all without lag, crashing, or freezing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    lynny wrote: »

The first time I played sims 3 on launch day I asked "where are the sims?"

The last time I played Sims 3 I asked the same thing.
    I asked Why the f i am lagging
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Teladis wrote: »

Sims 3 was a step back on sims 2 when it comes to the sims themselves. Sims 4 improves on the sims, and understood the mistakes very well that sims 3 made.

I totally agree. Not a single doubt. Even TS3 fans know very well that sims in that game were robotic and lifeless.

100 percent yes. I agree exactly. It is such a pleasure getting what feels like real sims again.

I always felt something was missing in the Sims 3 with all the eps, sps, and owning the entire store - that game just never felt complete. I played it a lot too, and just could never completely figure out exactly what it was that bugged me so much. I did know early on that Sims 3 was not good for Legacy style play that I loved the most, but I found a different style to play that game so I still had a lot of fun with it.

But Sims 4 - with in the first play session I realized immediately what Sims 3 had been missing all that time - the Sims in 3 have no personalities and as you said are extremely robotic compared to Sims 2 or Sims 4 Sims. Even with no eps yet - this game feels so much more complete than Sims 3 ever did with all it's stuff - never mind the fact it is far superior in game play smoothness and extremely fast. It is great my sims does not need 2 hours wasted just to get to work; or take hours to go out to the local bar with friends. Whats more when they get to the bars they are already a fair number of sims there and more keep coming unlike Sims 3 where it took hours to arrive somewhere and then once you got there (unless you were in Bridgeport anyway) it took most of the night to even get a handfull of sims to converse and dance with.

I can just imagine how great this game get when we do start getting eps. I just know in Sims 3 by the third day of playing it's base game I was extremely bored. Up until the EPs started, I really hardly jumped into the game. It was the eps that kept Sims 3 going for me, other than a group style playing some of us on a single thread had gotten together and begun playing. Had it not been for that group playing and one of the group making a world just for us to play in - I highly doubt any of the eps up until SN would have kept me in the game like it did.

Not a problem this go round. I cannot believe I have been playing Sims 4 now since 10 am Tuesday morning and here it is Sunday afternoon and I still am excited to jump back into my game - on top of it I laugh out loud all the time - something that was extremely rare in Sims 3 except for all the Sims 3 bloopers - those were pretty funny - but in Sims 4 the game itself keeps me happy and laughing. I'll be over the top when eps start. Oh my gosh, I can not even imagine. Also in Sims 3 I was specific and wanted just certain eps but in Sims 4 I could not even decide anything specific I might want - I think anything would be great seeing we no longer have to depend on eps to keep the game exciting and fun when we have wonderful reactions and play that Sims 4 sims have now.

Even though I have kept my sims 3 installed (Sims 2 is also installed) as I was sure I'd get bored with just a base game - here it is 5 days later and I am still excited I will be going in my game today - and still looking forward to see what the sims have up their sleeves for me today. I no longer have to force the game and story - the Sims in 4 make the story for me and I can just follow their lead with no effort at all. They are sure to keep surprising me - and best of all without lag, crashing, or freezing.

I couldn't agree more.
    With Sims 3 prior to launch I was excited for the open world and CASt but disappointed with the way the sims looked but when I played the game first day I almost cried due to how robotic the sims were. Never loved the game from the base even until installing the last EP but kept buying it in hope it might get better but it didnt.

With Sims 4 it was like a roller coaster trip with the ups and downs, was disappointed with lack of family tree and toddlers but after playing the game I'm very happy of it, satisfied how it turned out. Hopefully family tree will be added and more contents to make it even richer!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Sims 3 Sims robotic and lifeless? Think you was spending too much time with the plum bots! ;)
  • daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    halimali1980
    I always said the game was lackluster in terms of content, and by that I meant objects; the focus is in the sims. That's true, the interactions are very good, and as a family/legacy player I'm satisfied.
    Sims 3 was a mistake, in my opinion, because it dwelt in the false ilusion of open world and customization. Whereas the game seemed full, it was based on doing the same things without substance. EA marketed it that way because everyone knows how well this would sell; it's open world, after all. And every casual player would really love it. I'm more of a hardcore fan, so it was hard giving in; after a lot of time playing bugs started showing, and then there was error 12 and everything going to hell. After some time, I never went outside my house, so the open world didn't had any meaning for me at all.
    And now these features, that were poorly implemented, were taken out; but mostly of these people who were atracted to the franchise by sims 3 are now in riot, and rightfully so! They feel that the franchise is about customization and open worldness - it was presented to them that way!
    But since sims 1 and 2, it's never been. It's always been about the sims themselves. What do you think? I've come to see you as a very constructive player, in all the time I spent here. So your opinion would be nice. Everytime I make a post about this it seems to die off, anyways
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    daltondoug wrote: »
    halimali1980
    I always said the game was lackluster in terms of content, and by that I meant objects; the focus is in the sims. That's true, the interactions are very good, and as a family/legacy player I'm satisfied.
    Sims 3 was a mistake, in my opinion, because it dwelt in the false ilusion of open world and customization. Whereas the game seemed full, it was based on doing the same things without substance. EA marketed it that way because everyone knows how well this would sell; it's open world, after all. And every casual player would really love it. I'm more of a hardcore fan, so it was hard giving in; after a lot of time playing bugs started showing, and then there was error 12 and everything going to hell. After some time, I never went outside my house, so the open world didn't had any meaning for me at all.
    And now these features, that were poorly implemented, were taken out; but mostly of these people who were atracted to the franchise by sims 3 are now in riot, and rightfully so! They feel that the franchise is about customization and open worldness - it was presented to them that way!
    But since sims 1 and 2, it's never been. It's always been about the sims themselves. What do you think? I've come to see you as a very constructive player, in all the time I spent here. So your opinion would be nice. Everytime I make a post about this it seems to die off, anyways

Had EA fixed issues there would be no serious issues with TS3 anyway apart from small bugs or lag that never bothered me but as I said before, rather than improve those issues, EA did a runner and took it out.

Also the Open World was something I wanted from a Sims game and I had played with TS1 and 2 before hand
    halimali1980

Had EA fixed issues there would be no serious issues with TS3 anyway apart from small bugs or lag that never bothered me but as I said before, rather than improve those issues, EA did a runner and took it out.

Also the Open World was something I wanted from a Sims game and I had played with TS1 and 2 before hand

and you are quite right there. But I think they never understood how to 'fix' it. I think their idea was just selling it; they tried to do something more sincere with sims 4(Not that it's better, which is a matter of opinion). Time will tell how it goes.
    But yeah, sims 3 would be awesome if it worked as intended. And I know where you are getting into.
    halimali1980

You are absolutely right.
    TS3 has deviated so much from The Sims franchise.
    It concentrated on those worlds and how to customize them but forgot the main thing which was the sims themselves!
    For god sake the name of the game is The Sims.
    Sims 3 should have been renamed as Worlds of Sims! That was not The sims. EA did a big mistake by doing that game. What surprises me more that those people who were complaining about TS3 being glitchy unplayable and buggy all the time are the same people who are defending it and calling it the best game in the series!!

The Sims 3 was another Sim city game except it was played at one or two additional zoomed in levels! It wasn't The Sims' it never was.
    But as you said EA made that mistake in marketing a game that deviated the series from its real purpose. So in short TS3 was not the sims game and at the same time it was not built well either!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Of course, the game has content. Just not as much as is screamed about.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Smoogie - fixing the game would not make the Sims 3 sims have substance. They totally lacked substance. The ITF robots have more personality than any sims did in the entire game and only because it was added in the very last ep to the Simbots. Look if i wanted a game about the world around sims, building, and all their stuff - well I might as well be playing Sims City - not a game called "THE SIMS". The Sims 3 had no good foundation for the very sims the game is supposed to be about - it was all about the world in which they lived - which as a the base game proved until store stuff and eps started that world grew very boring very quickly. You go back and actually look at all the early post in Sims 3 and look how many players are screaming how boring that game was. The minute a new ep was coming out it was all they could talk about as everything in sims 3 depended on all that stuff to keep the Sims themselves interesting and it was only in seeing them learn new stuff from new ep coding that made them interesting. It did not have a lot of good strong playing power either. Many post one or day after new stuff was already asking the Devs what the next ep was or what new store set the next one was. Why do you think that was? Because the Sims in Sims 3 were a great big bore!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    @halimali1980 You said this......" The game is filled with fun contents in terms of objects or interactions." You are the one that used the term 'objects'. All I was asking was for examples of those.....nothing to do with build/buy mode.

Theres a ton, first off we have a ton of context sensitive interactions..... a ton more romantic interactions, child interactions, tean interactions.

In terms of objects , we can cook a ton more food in the base game then any other. The woodworker bench lets you create basically a stuff pack s worth of content.

emotional auras.

One example is teh teans being able to "mess around"

but there is a TON more then that.

children autonomously hugging their stuffed animals, being jealous of siblings... so cute..

plant evolution

we have the cowplant again.. a proper cowplant

i could go on forever.
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    I'm pretty sure that it was said somewhere that The Sims 4 base game has included the most content of any other Sims base game.

I completely agree. Even just looking at all the furniture, decor and collectibles, it's staggering how MUCH is actually in the game. And I feel like there are a lot more base clothing choices too. And BETTER choices. Not just like 4 different long sleeved shirts and ugly pants.
    so much hate, lol.
    I also tought the sims 3 was lacking, but I found it to be a great adventuring game. I was also sad the sims franchise turned into an adventuring game. But I can see why people would like it. I respect people that like it as well. Still, happy with the new direction. But it's very saddening to see so many people suffering due to this. It wouldn't happen if some CEO didn't wanted to sell more than doing a reliable product.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'll believe there's more content than any other base game when I see numbers and count it on my own fingers in my game.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    I'll believe there's more content than any other base game when I see numbers and count it on my own fingers in my game.

object-wise the game is lacking(for me) interaction wise it's quite full for a base game.
    Davlan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that it was said somewhere that The Sims 4 base game has included the most content of any other Sims base game.

I completely agree. Even just looking at all the furniture, decor and collectibles, it's staggering how MUCH is actually in the game. And I feel like there are a lot more base clothing choices too. And BETTER choices. Not just like 4 different long sleeved shirts and ugly pants.

Absolutely, even the clothing it has to be the best in the whole series
    giphy.gif
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014

Well, yes, there's a lot of furniture and decor, etc. But that's just stuff. I like the amount of clutter objects, but again it's just stuff. TS3 may have had fewer furniture items, but it also had CASt, which helped to make each item more versatile.

I feel a lack of content too, and it's difficult to put my finger on it. Yes, there are more objects to put in a sim's house. Yes, there are a lot of social interactions. But honestly I'm an introvert in real life, and I guess my sims tend to be as well. Beyond the sims interacting with each other, what's there for them to do? The world does feel a little empty and small to me. I know people have differing opinions on it, but I understand what some players mean when they say that they don't feel as though the game has a lot of content yet.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Stan64Stan64 Posts: 10 New Member
    As usual there will be a ton of content through expansion packs. Let's just enjoy the base game while they iron out the kinks. Play around with the new features and make some families! I'm trying to complete all the achievements myself. I can understand that the game feels a bit bare if you played the third very recently. But I actually like the new game a lot.

@Halimali1980 Bruce Willis looks really really feminine... xD
    Stan64 wrote: »
    As usual there will be a ton of content through expansion packs. Let's just enjoy the base game while they iron out the kinks. Play around with the new features and make some families! I'm trying to complete all the achievements myself. I can understand that the game feels a bit bare if you played the third very recently. But I actually like the new game a lot.<br />
    <br />
    @Halimali1980 Bruce Willis looks really really feminine... xD

you have Bruce in the gallery. Download him and show me how can you make him more masculine! LOL
    giphy.gif
  • GithernGithern Posts: 75 Member
    I am an introvert as well in real life so I tend to do the same with my sims. I find trying to skill up, collect everything and so on has kept me busy for around 30 hours so far. I guess it's all in your gaming personality type. Explorers and achievers can look forward to a lot in the Sims 4. Those creative types might feel a bit limited but to be honest it only seems in certain items.
    Ewkward
  • UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/c9a9b70a4386d76bcd7ad926dd61176b/tumblr_n5y7hyoaM31rlb8wgo1_500.gif

Well, yes, there's a lot of furniture and decor, etc. But that's just stuff. I like the amount of clutter objects, but again it's just stuff. TS3 may have had fewer furniture items, but it also had CASt, which helped to make each item more versatile.

I feel a lack of content too, and it's difficult to put my finger on it. Yes, there are more objects to put in a sim's house. Yes, there are a lot of social interactions. But honestly I'm an introvert in real life, and I guess my sims tend to be as well. Beyond the sims interacting with each other, what's there for them to do? The world does feel a little empty and small to me. I know people have differing opinions on it, but I understand what some players mean when they say that they don't feel as though the game has a lot of content yet.
    Oh, i totally understand where you are coming from.
    Im kinda a introvert as-well
    However
    My sim is an introvert (there is an introvert trait, completely changes gameplay), so i took up a skill, haven't gotten bored with him yet.
    have you tried taking a up a skill, woodworking gardening (gardening is really in depth this time around)
    you can collect too... (and the loading screens when exploring your starting town )
    one step up is we actually have 2 towns, (note you can go to any of them at any time), so exploring things, like the the parks (HINT HINT) can lead to so,me..huge.....discoveries.

• matiazmatiaz Posts: 42 Member
    The sims look ugly, and every sim looks the same!
  • hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member

Sims 3's base game had nowhere near the amount of stuff to do.

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Githern wrote: »
    I am an introvert as well in real life so I tend to do the same with my sims. I find trying to skill up, collect everything and so on has kept me busy for around 30 hours so far. I guess it's all in your gaming personality type. Explorers and achievers can look forward to a lot in the Sims 4. Those creative types might feel a bit limited but to be honest it only seems in certain items.

I have been having a lot of fun with some of the skills. I really enjoy the changes that they made to the cooking skill for instance. I loved exploring and looking for collectibles in TS3, but it's not as fun for me in TS4 with the small worlds and loading screens. I guess I tend to be a creative type and going from 3 to 4 has put a bit of a cramp in my creativity. Anyway, again that's just me. Not that there aren't things that I like about the game, but I get it. Maybe it would make sense if I said that I feel like there are a lot of limitations in this game.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member

Sims 3's base game had nowhere near the amount of stuff to do.

I guess that really depends on your gameplay style. In sims 3 basegame, I spent hours exploring the open world. I spent hours building and decorating a house exactly the way I wanted it to be . I spent hours killing sims and collecting all the different ghosts. In sims 4, I play for an hour and I am bored. When I build, I get frustrated because I can't match things. And killing sims is now boring because there are no ghosts yet. It's all in how each person plays and what is important to them.

2rxu2ph.png