Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lighting Mod! No more dark rooms!

Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
Head over and download this safe mod, alls it does it make the lights a little bit lighter so that you're able to see where you sims actually are.

I was so happy finding this:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532961

"I don't do one drink" - Mortimer Goth

09_05_14_9_41_PM.png
Me on a spiritual level
30vnk7k.gif

Comments

• Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    Holy mother of crisco thank you for this!
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    *Waiting for the official fix.*
  • Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »

Good luck with that.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
    > @Atomicus said:
    > *Waiting for the official fix.*
    Pretty sure light tuning was already done to suit EA's needs.
    I will say there is sort-of a practical side to this that no two monitors will have the same settings and it would be impossible to adjust it to everyone's liking, I guess EA has the brightness way up over in Redwood on their monitors... Maybe to compensate for the dimness elsewhere, eh?
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2014
    Actually, SimGuruGrant said in the "ask the gurus" thread from Friday, that they *are* aware the lighting is causing problems for some, and are looking into a fix. But until that happens, this mod looks like a great thing to have.
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    thanks for posting!
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Bless you.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

I don't do mods, I will wait for the official fix also
    heard enough of all the trouble in sims 3, first question asked, do you have mods.
    My game is playing great, I am not messing it up. I will wait.
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

I don't do mods, I will wait for the official fix also
    heard enough of all the trouble in sims 3, first question asked, do you have mods.
    My game is playing great, I am not messing it up. I will wait.

I wish Twallan was modding TS4 i would install his in a heartbeat :'(
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
    Well, on the bright side (no pun intended) the games primary advertised feature at least seems to function this time around.
  • Klaw01Klaw01 Posts: 117 Member
    Nice.

I'm currently looking into a career salary mods & service NPCs to start my mods on this base . I said earlier today,

> @Klaw01 said:
    > Not confirmed yet but at the source, story progression is already embedded but lacks a complete chain. Imagine a light switch fully wired, but the breaker is not active. There may also be ways to fully edit a neighborhood in developer mode. There are many interesting things & finding yet to come.

Again these are "theories" for now.
    Yep, the Gurus as working on it right now. And as quick as the baby glitch got fixed, I have no problem waiting. :smile:
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2014
    I downloaded that mod and it seemed great at first. However, the sim is always bright. It doesn't matter whether I adjust the brightness for the room (via the light) or not. She's always very bright and it is annoying. I even took out windows around her to see if that would lessen the brightness, but it didn't. Annoyed, but will have to wait for a better fix.

Here's her cooking in the house. All lights are at the dimmest and I removed all the lights but one.

vqgww8.png

Here are her and her friend outside. No lights and it was during the middle of the day.

bgback.png

Maybe I'm missing something else to lower/raise brightness? Or maybe I shouldn't have any lights on in the house, though it seems when I lower/raise the dimness of the lights, it doesn't seem to affect the sim at all. This mod doesn't seem to work as well as I'd first hoped. :\
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    Lowering the brightness of the lights to the lowest does the trick.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
    I downloaded that mod and it seemed great at first. However, the sim is always bright. It doesn't matter whether I adjust the brightness for the room (via the light) or not. She's always very bright and it is annoying. I even took out windows around her to see if that would lessen the brightness, but it didn't. Annoyed, but will have to wait for a better fix.

Here's her cooking in the house. All lights are at the dimmest and I removed all the lights but one.

vqgww8.png

Here are her and her friend outside. No lights and it was during the middle of the day.

bgback.png

Maybe I'm missing something else to lower/raise brightness? Or maybe I shouldn't have any lights on in the house, though it seems when I lower/raise the dimness of the lights, it doesn't seem to affect the sim at all. This mod doesn't seem to work as well as I'd first hoped. :\
    See, THIS is why I don't use MODs. They always break more than they fix!
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member

vqgww8.png

bgback.png

I disagree, there are many wonderful mods out there that don't break a thing. When they do, the author usually provides support and tries to fix the issue. :D
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2014

I disagree, there are many wonderful mods out there that don't break a thing. When they do, the author usually provides support and tries to fix the issue. :D

Yep! I figured it will eventually get fixed. It's super weird how it shows up like that in my game. I still don't understand. So, for now, extra lights have been working. ;) Oh, and technically, nothing is "broken".
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    For those who don't want mods or don't trust them or think "they break more than they fix"... why post about it?
    Do you go to a preschool and sit around talking about disliking children? This is a modding and custom content section, makes no sense to come into these posts and complain about them.

You want to wait for the official fix? Cool, do that, I probably will also but I'm not going into people's posts and talking cr-ap. I keep seeing these posts over and over and it's insane.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • imey82imey82 Posts: 70 Member
    For those who don't want mods or don't trust them or think "they break more than they fix"... why post about it?
    Do you go to a preschool and sit around talking about disliking children? This is a modding and custom content section, makes no sense to come into these posts and complain about them.

You want to wait for the official fix? Cool, do that, I probably will also but I'm not going into people's posts and talking cr-ap. I keep seeing these posts over and over and it's insane.

I agree. I like to wait for official fixes as much as possible, but there were numerous mods for TS3 that i couldnt play the game without them! (Twallan mods of course) my game was so awful to play and mods fixed that! It already seems like EA is making a good effort to fix things the players want fixed, but chances are, in the end, some people will need mods to play, just like TS3. But yeah, if you dont want to mod, thats ok, just dont come over to modding/cc threads and bash mods when you dont even use them! not cool :s
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    For anyone interested, another creator at Mod The Sims also made a lighting mod. I prefer this one myself because I didn't notice it being so harsh.
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Are there anyone here that (Like me) don't have a problem with the lighting in the game? some of the smaller lamps, sure I can't just use one lamp and it lights up everything, but many are complaining about this issue and.. I don't really have it. That's good and all but I want to know if its a bug or what. I'm concerned that my game will be totally bright when this gets fixed for everyone.
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member

vqgww8.png

bgback.png

Basically, to cut down on aggravation for new players. There's more to being mod-friendly than touting it on a website. Trying to post feedback about mods, negative or otherwise, isn't really "insanity" on a forum made for the discussion of mods.
  • simsupermomsimsupermom Posts: 19 New Member
    DEEEEEEP. Why do gamers get deep at all? Not being funny just always wondered about that. I play games to escape arguments and deep philosophic "whats right and wrong talk". But anyway, its good to post what ever you have experienced with any mod good or bad. Everyone who plays the game old or newbie is family. Lets read what we want, like what we like, ignore what we don't and support the new game that took lots of time and effort to deliver. Now.... let us pray "Lord PLEASE let these people give me an expansion ASAP and let it be business and LORD please touch the heart of Nraas so that the Modding Community can be restored to order! LOL AND ALSO let Paladin come BACK! Don't let my boy at Back Alley Sims let me down & let me have lots of time to play my game without hearing "Mommy, Mom, Mom, Mommy, MAMA" and lots of mods that have to do with MORE MONEY for my paintings and books that my sims have written. Let the sims family say.... AMEN. :)