Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
Hiya. This is my first official try at a pinstar legacy (and I have failed already if you are a strict rule follower which I'm not). Previously I have done a couple of random legacies but because of computer malfunctions I have never completed them. In fact, the longest I have ever played the same family before was when I was doing an 8 generation Immortal Dynasty challenge over at Carl and Pam's forum, that I managed to complete so now I feel like starting on a new challenge :)

I've decided to do a modified version of scoring since it's not an official legacy anyway. You can read more about scoring towards in the 3rd post.

My founder is the spare I had in the Immortal Dynasty challenge. She was one of the first sims I created in the demo, because I loved her so much in sims 3!

Here she is, she's a genius (like her ts3 predecessor), neat and a music lover. Her aspiration is to have a successful lineage because that made the most sense - why else would she start her own legacy?
6l0m3xymack0l09fg.jpg

Family tree note: this contains all the relatives, also the ones from sims 3

Chapters

Backstory

Generation 1

1. New town, new world
2. New man?
3. From friends to lovers
4. Nooboo
6. A night for seconds
7. The one to rule them all
8. Up all night
9. Awkward
10. Better memories this time around
11. Promised
12. Deserted Streets
13. What glitch? I thought it was great!
14. The kids are at work
15. Fooling around !?!
16. Family time
17. Teen dream
18. Life with Mika
19. The next generation

Generation 2

20. The curious case of the visitor in the night time
21. A fitting monument
22. Finding the 'one'
23. Melker's sweet talking
24. A prospect?
25.Moving in, moving out, moving on...
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
Post edited by SALTPASTILLEN on

Comments

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited September 2014
    Back story

A long time ago in the sims 3 dimension, Klara Aurora (a nervously inclined sim with dreams of becoming a writer and immortal to boot) was hanging out in her study hammering away at the keyboard when she heard strange noises outside. Was Christopher and Agnes fooling around in the hallway closet again? No! Christopher had invited his new friend over, a young man who was dressed outrageously and constantly complained about everything. Klara rolled her eyes, what was Christopher thinking? Yes, what was he thinking!? "He invited that VJ person to stay at my, erm, I mean our house!", she complained to Agnes later that day when they watched the SimBachelor on TV. "He's nothing but trouble, even his own dad couldn't stand to have him in the house!"

VJ and Klara's relationship was off to a rocky start, but surprisingly enough over the coming months VJ and Klara grew closer and closer. And one day when VJ combed his hair and put on a spiffy new plaid shirt, Klara no longer saw that good for nothing young man she had complained to Agnes about, she saw the love of her life instead. Sure some sims grumbled and gossiped behind their backs when they tied the know (mostly those who thought the age difference was to great) but what did Klara and VJ care about them? They were in loooove.

Sure, there were some rocky patches in their marriage, like when Klara became panicked because of her fear of giving birth and decided to pretend the day would never come. Or when VJ was constantly running around in his sleepwear outside flashing his body (that hot body was for Klara's eyes only, thank you very much). And one day their joy was doubled when they welcomed two beautiful girls to the world. Selma, the disciplined heir and Emelie, the little genius spare.

Emelie was well loved by her parents and she became especially close to her mother, who knew she would have less time with the second twin whereas she would spend immortality with the older sister. Emelie had a full life and became a well respected surgeon, a famous painter and sculptor extraordinaire before she passed away.

The only thing she could not have was a family of her own. So when Grim gave all the immortal ladies the chance to bring their loved ones back from the beyond, Klara asked that her daughter be given the chance to start over and have a family of her own.

And here she is, in the sims 4 dimension founding a legacy.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    This post is mostly to keep myself organized. There will be spoilers here since I post updated info regarding job performance and skill levels as well as household members traits and such. Read at own risk.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Succession Law

Gender Law -Strict Matriarchy (was going to go for Equal but I want to be sure they all have the same name so here we go)
    Bloodline Law - Strictly Traditional (why have a legacy without the continuation of the bloodline)
    Heir Law - Last Born (you've got to pick something right? and the young ones have more energy anyway)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Generation 1

Founder: Emelie Aurora
    Traits: Genius, Neat, Loves Music, Domestic (aspiration), Speed Cleaner (reward), Mentor (reward)
    Aspiration; Successful Lineage - complete? - on 4th step
    Skills: Charisma 5, Comedy 3, Cooking 5, Fishing 1, Fitness 2, Gardening 1, Gourmet Cooking 1, Handiness 1, Logic 3, Mischief 1, Programming 10, Video gaming 5
    Career: Tech Guru - level:8 (Start up Entrepreneur)
    Dates: Bronze=0 Silver=0 Gold=0
    Parties: Bronze=0 Silver=1 Gold=0
    Used anti ageing: yes

Spouse 1: Brycen Aurora né Mohajer
    Traits: Good, Active, Self Assured, Alluring (aspiration)
    Aspiration: Soulmate- complete? - on 4th step (34 romantic interactions from the goal).
    Skills: Charisma 5, Comedy 3, Cooking 6, Fishing 1, Fitness 2, Gardening 1, Gourmet Cooking 1, Handiness 4, Logic 5, Painting 1, Video gaming 3, Writing 9
    Career: Writer - level:8 (Journalist branch)
    Dates: Bronze=0 Silver=2 Gold=5
    Parties: -
    Used anti ageing: yes

Spare: Lucas Aurora
    Traits: Cheerful, Music Lover (Muser from aspiration)
    Aspiration: Musical Genius - complete? - on 3rd step
    Skills: Charisma 2, Comedy 2, Guitar 6, Handiness 1, Logic 1, Mischief 1, Mixology 3, Video Gaming 1
    Teen Career: Barista - level 2
    Career: -
    Dates: -
    Used anti aging:-
    Child skills: Creativity 3, Mental 8, Motor 4, Social 5
    Child aspiration: Whiz Kid - complete? - no
    Grade School: B
    High School: A
    Partner: Mika Susa (promised)

Spare: Melker Aurora
    Traits: Self Assured, Snob, Physically Gifted (child aspiration), Business Savvy (aspiration)
    Aspiration: Mansion Barron - complete? - on 1st step
    Skills: Charisma 2, Painting 3, Video gaming 1
    Teen Career: Retail Employee - level 2
    Used anti aging: -
    Child skills: Creativity 2, Mental 3, Motor 10, Social 5
    Child aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp - complete? yes
    High School: C
    Partner:
    BFF: Britta Aurora

Heir: Britta Aurora
    Traits: Self Assured
    Aspiration: - completed? -
    Skills: Charisma 3
    Used anti aging: -
    Child skills: Creativity 4, Mental 4, Motor 3, Social 10
    Child aspiration: Social Butterfly - complete? - on 3rd step (needs 1 kid and 1 adult)
    High School: -
    Partner:
    BFF: Melker Aurora

Mall
    Traits:
    Aspiration: - complete? -
    Skills:
    Career:
    Dates:
    Parties:
    Used anti aging:
    Child skills:
    Child aspiration: - complete? -
    Grade School:
    High School:
    Partner:

Scoring:
    Since this can no longer be an official attempt I have decided to eschew the normal scoring and count one point for each of the things completed below.

I will also subtract a point if we have to use one extra youth potion (one per sim is allowed), the power/electricity is turned of or the heir fails to produce female offspring (if so a male relative will inherit).

I will only get a point the first time someone completes a new skill or aspiration - so completing the same aspiration five times will only give me 1 point, whereas completing 5 different aspirations will give me 5 points.

I will count 1 point for each of the:

Completed aspirations:

Completed Child aspirations:1

Rambunctious Scamp 1

Maxed careers:

Maxed Teen careers:

Maxed Skills:1

Programming 1

Maxed Child Skills: 2

Motor 1
    Social 1

Completed collections:
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Selena14402Selena14402 Posts: 27 Member
    Hey Salt! I read your Immortal Dynasty on Carl's site and loved it :) Following your legacy and can't wait for an update!
    Hey Salt! I read your Immortal Dynasty on Carl's site and loved it :) Following your legacy and can't wait for an update!

Glad to hear! I think the beginning will be a bit of me muddling through, and that the story will be more fleshed out once the first kids are born. Glad to know I will have a reader :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    1. New town, new world

"Watchers are best kept on a short leash, or they are bound to mess up your game"
    -Klara Aurora (cited from The First Immortal)

Won't it be fun? You'll get a chance to do all the things you missed out on. That's what my mother promised me when she had Grim bring me back from the dead. Did I have a say in it? Did anyone care I was quite happy in the beyond and had made a life there? No. Once you become a watched sim there is no going back. Once you are in, you are in it for life and beyond, it's like the mob only with brighter colors and the threat of the blue screen of death hovering over your very existence. I'm being sarcastic? Good, you are catching on - you better stay on your toes because it takes a genius to keep up with one.

Anyway, here we are at my prison a.k.a. the dynasty lot. One bed - check. One fridge - check. One toilet - check. One shower - check. One suit of arms - watcher what were you thinking?

Sorry about that...you see there are these rules...

Yeah, yeah - I know the drill. You want me to get a job, max a skill, complete an aspiration and have a daughter right?

Uhm, yeah...

Fine, but first I need a rest. Talk to you on my next birthday. Bye!

But, I didn't get a chance to tell you about the scoring system and all that complicated stuff. Hello! Hellooooo! Hello? *sigh* I guess I'll talk to you next birthday...

Zzz

inacm06enon53o3fg.jpg

Disclaimer: By this point I had already failed the dynasty attempt because I left the suit of armor on the lawn. Irony or what? (I didn't realize this at the time I was writing the post... :P )
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    2.New man?

"A Good man is good to have, unless you can have an Evil man then it's even better."
    Frida Aurora (cited from The Fifth Immortal)

Needing a man, I went out on the town after getting a fairly uninterrupted nights sleep ready to take charge of this legacy experience. I had joined the Tech Guru career earlier, but instead of starting bright and early Monday morning I had several days of, so in need of funds and running out of small piles of dirt to rummage through I decided to pop over to the Rattle Snake Juicer to see if I could snag myself a 10 pointer.

There were some contenders...Samson, was such a cutie, but when he let slip that he hated children I decided to move on to someone more aligned to my interests.

7he16otz9zomavbfg.jpg

Asa was a skilled conversationalist and very flirty. It wasn't his uni-brow that put me off, nor was it his potbelly, it was his unwillingness to reveal anything about himself. I mean, if I'm to invite an almost stranger into my life I at least want to know one thing about them...

8j7d96k6m50680tfg.jpg

...and then he walked in the door. I won't say it was love at first sight, but he sure was keen on starting up a conversation. And he was athletic, feeling pumped I think he said. He wanted to do a hip-bump straight away, something that was a little awkward while holding a bowl of chips - but you know, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I know he might not have been the dreamiest man around, with his receding hairline and that scruff on his face, but I know what my father used to look like when he and mom got together so I know that a heart of gold can hide in a unassuming package.

twzj8r7ynnm3u82fg.jpg

I asked him to show me around the gym and we left the other two behind. Trying to sweet talk someone is way easier when there is no one else butting in telling jokes about ducks. We were fast friends and at the end of the night we decided to meet up the next day.

hq5u4wcok87t41dfg.jpg

As soon as I woke up I invited him over and we had a lovely chat by the fridge while I worked up the nerve to ask him to move in. I know my house doesn't look much now, but he's a good Good man and very confident. He assured me that once he moved in things would look better in no time. Fortunately he was right, because a fortune is what his 20,000 simoleons seemed like to me.

uv62glacoszv826fg.jpg

As the Watcher was busy building us a house to keep us out of the wild we shared our hopes and dreams while fishing. It turns out his aspiration is to find his one and only soul mate (I kept it in but you could almost hear my maniacal laughter). Lucky for him I know just the right girl...

09-06-14_10-20nbspAM_zpsa3779178.jpg

Here's a quick look at our new house. We are keeping to seperate beds for now, I don't want to scare him away...muahahha (sorry).

ahj7em4afv67efnfg.jpg
    m5zj4bvs3aqhxlcfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Nice start! Good luck in the future, I've got you bookmarked. :D
    edited September 2014
    3. From friends to lovers

"Dating can be a lot of fun until people start rumors about you, and if those people are named Perry - watch your back!"
    -Greta Aurora (cited from The Seventh Immortal)

Brycen: Your hands are so pretty I just want to eat them up!

Yeah, whatever - just get to the good stuff my man, I know you have it in you.

t4tgt54ww28r7qkfg.jpg

Sooooo, you know, Brycen has slowly been building up his nerve to ask me on a date. I have heard him practice pick-up lines in the mirror, using my name no less so I don't think I'm expecting to much. I thought he would be a fast mover with his self assured trait but no dice so far.

But, when I least expected it he kissed me! We are lovebirds now, can't help but to think that sounds dirtier than it is, and I have a burning desire to tell him dirty jokes most of the time.

g4dcrbtadiaj0dmfg.jpg

He wants to work on his aspiration, so he took me on a date to the Blue Velvet! Here he is showing of his body for my enjoyment...

kyfb7hed3aj6cawfg.jpg

One passionate kiss later and we have a gold medal to ad to our future collection.

yffgvt182jxenmzfg.jpg

Once I told him he was my bestest of friends he popped the question. I tried to act surprised and think I was moderately successful.

ci9obhdqdducpppfg.jpg

He was too busy congratulating himself to notice.

6ab44cwab7nbhbkfg.jpg

After our date I hung out at the gym and met some other locals. This is my new frenemie, I mean who is that skinny, really? Once I learn how to cook better I plan on inviting her over and force feeding her cake. No, I'm not evil, I just plan ahead. We can't have sims like her walking around messing things up for us regular gals.

ec2vxcd8up4v66mfg.jpg

Future all planned we went home and celebrated our love - sims style.

ns7l75bx6x9t63nfg.jpg

Next morning saw Brycen working on the dreaded blue screen of death, we need another computer. Both of us are in computer careers. A promotion couldn't come quick enough!

ucnby1ybi22840bfg.jpg

Because I just found out I'm eating for two!

2lssh5258swqh4cfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    :) I love the way you tell your story, it's awesome! -_- I swear everyone is progressing along 20 times faster than I lmao!
    Shhh!

YAY very cute. Yah, Bella can definitely create a complex . . .
    edited September 2014
    4. Nooboo

"Did someone say nooboos?"
    -Elise Aurora (cited from The Forth Immortal)

ncbxctid9f2zgy6fg.jpg

Poor Brycen, too much work and too much dating is hard on my man. He's in the writer career now, working long days and having been kept back from a promotion because the Watcher forgot to buy us a bookshelf. But we fixed that with our last paycheck so progress should be better now.

x7fiyauk9n48bd0fg.jpg

More money is a good thing, "friends are cheap, money you've got to work for" like mom used to say. We need every simoleon right now because we are expecting a happy event in the family, and I might have been splurging on a thing or two. All right, I spent most of our last paychecks on kids toys... Whatever, it's an investment.

yeoces11pyvdz9qfg.jpg

Speaking of investments, Brycen got a computer and a painting from work, and I have also received a couple of things. We even have a desk each now!

b7q6tdepj2pyud0fg.jpg

Having a man kiss you passionately when you are in your third trimester is kind of nerve wrecking, fortunately he didn't drop me.

94v8x0v4jj21l3gfg.jpg

We spend about every second night out on the town, I keep up a good face but Brycen always notices when I need a massage to relax me.

g8969se9mihe49gfg.jpg

Sometimes it relaxes me a bit too much...

aw16x29z0s7m2uefg.jpg

Right now I just can't wait fro this pregnancy to be over. I just don't get any work done while naping all the time.

6191guy79kp4bowfg.jpg

Welcome to the world Lucas! He's cheerful with a whiz kid aspiration. Not eligible to become the heir, but very wished for nonetheless.

1uuj53gf9zamdxofg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    RoseAzul wrote: »
    :) I love the way you tell your story, it's awesome! -_- I swear everyone is progressing along 20 times faster than I lmao!

Thanks!

I'm sure it feels that way too. I played a lot Saturday, and now I have to catch up with the writing, it helps that I know this sim so well from before. She's already an established person in my head :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    A baby boy! Congrats!
    Shhh!

• renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I like your style! Bookmarked. :)
    Congrats on the baby! One thing, I think the statue is supposed to stay in your Family Inventory. That way you don't get the decorated mood-boost from it. I could be wrong tho. :P
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Congrats on the baby! One thing, I think the statue is supposed to stay in your Family Inventory. That way you don't get the decorated mood-boost from it. I could be wrong tho. :P

Well, then I have already failed bigtime :P Anyhow, I doubt I will care very much about the scoring aspect later on anyway, I just want to explore the game. I thought the armor was like a family armor... well, what can I do about it now? I guess I will go along and if pinstar says I failed then I did...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Selena14402Selena14402 Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2014
    Aw, welcome to the world Lucas! Looks like you're off to a great start Salt :) And I don't think Pinstar will care overly much about the armor, you were on the lawn for what? Two sim days? -grins- After you get walls you're pretty much guaranteed a decorated mood boost while inside.
    Naaaaah, you didn't fail. Just pop it in your inventory next time you're in game, no biggie. Especially if you're not going for strict scoring. I also thought it might've been better to have the armor on the lot, cause it's like your badge of honor as a legacy but bleh. He wants almost everything kept in the family inventory, like the career objects and stuff. He also listed the aspiration reward consumables but those don't actually GO into the family inventory, lolol. The challenge is still in beta so we're all learning as we go along.

Don't get discouraged!! And plz don't take my comment as an insult, cause that's so not how I meant it. :( *hugs*
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Naaaaah, you didn't fail. Just pop it in your inventory next time you're in game, no biggie. Especially if you're not going for strict scoring. I also thought it might've been better to have the armor on the lot, cause it's like your badge of honor as a legacy but bleh. He wants almost everything kept in the family inventory, like the career objects and stuff. He also listed the aspiration reward consumables but those don't actually GO into the family inventory, lolol. The challenge is still in beta so we're all learning as we go along.

Don't get discouraged!! And plz don't take my comment as an insult, cause that's so not how I meant it. :( *hugs*

No worries! I'll keep it in the house for now, for always actually. I just have to make sure I do the same in any further attempts as well so the founder starts with the same perks. I have also placed all the career objects because, well, just because ;) I'll put up a disclaimer that it's not an official legacy anymore - but keep with the family anyway. Besides, a lot of people will modify the rules to suit their playstyle so I feel free to do so too - that's the beauty of a sims game!

I just find it hilarious that my first chapter warns the sims to keep a tight rein on the watcher, and by that point I had already failed! Epic fail- here I come.

BTW, no hard feeling - I'd rather you point it out at this point than in gen 10 you know ;)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Aw, welcome to the world Lucas! Looks like you're off to a great start Salt :) And I don't think Pinstar will care overly much about the armor, you were on the lawn for what? Two sim days? -grins- After you get walls you're pretty much guaranteed a decorated mood boost while inside.

Thanks :) I so want to play the game, but I also want to share the story, I will put the armor debacle behind me :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Bahaha, indeed! I'm also placing all the career objects. You're allowed to have more than one copy though, so once I get oodles of money I might buy a second set and store it in the family inventory to 'count for points.' :D
    edited September 2014
    5. Firestarter

"If there's a fire - don't be a whimp and put it out!"
    - Selma Aurora (cited from The Second Immortal)

This is Lucas. He likes fish tacos. Has great hair and wants to be super smart. The only problem is the watcher doesn't really know how the school system works yet, so let's hope for the best shall we? I think he's rather handsome and he has his fathers dreamy eyes.

d690rg7lcxnlb7ifg.jpg

He finds it kind of strange that I am even more enthusiastic than him about getting his homework done. He says he wants to do it himself, I say he's not allowed to!

thrd5m4qb4k4uy3fg.jpg

Lucas likes chess a loooot. It's his main interest and I don't blame him, I too have played many a game in my days. But that was in another life altogether...

d5hoauy08iioo2rfg.jpg

I got Lucas what passes for a chemistry set here because I loved to play with mine as a child. He didn't like it quite as much as I used to...

xnw82l5565167c3fg.jpg

Poor Bryce freaked out, but don't worry I saved the day.

2iibyrimfnv98tmfg.jpg

After the chemistry debacle I sent Lucas out of the house to pester the neighbors. He met a nice girl named Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. She was playing chess when her grandmother let him in, it seemed like fate. Sadly she aged up to teen the next day so she looked for cooler friends.

3da191iep0b8erifg.jpg

Brycen is getting his writing career going by focusing mostly on motivational books. You can do it!, Quitting is for losers and Jip-bump your way to the top! are some of his best selling titles to date. Sometimes I wonder why I fell in love with an author - didn't I get enough of that in my last lifetime? At least he get's super confident (and often frisky) when he turns in a new title. So there is more for me than just the money, if you get what I'm saying...

939qj6ud988mcx3fg.jpg

I also can't get over how cute my boys are bonding over chess....

3h9am45vq0pev0pfg.jpg

I have read all his fathers books and some of the old classics I had in my trunk for Lucas. He thinks The lost heiress, the pirate and the quest for the fountain of youth is the best book ever written.

*The lost heiress, the pirate and the fountain of youth was a story told in my Immortal Dynasty - you can read it here.

8hx7nwt2gnpp9u9fg.jpg

Just because we are super busy (because the watcher isn't organized yet) doesn't mean we don't have fun now and then. Here we are on one of our silver dates, one of the requirements for Brycen's aspiration.

In case you are wondering, yes we are snuggling on the couch just outside the bathrooms in Magnolia Blossom Park. Because, you know, we are classy like that.

8em57k338sxcb1nfg.jpg

Just moments earlier I had peed on a stick and found out I was preggers once more. Yay! More weight gain, midnight peeing and green puke - let the good times roll.

ibngm6a8yba64ucfg.jpg

And nothing says "yes this is a sims legacy" than declaring your never ending love in a public bathroom....

ku4bmmxtq9am9affg.jpg

While his parents were off doing our weird courting ritual Lucas was busy avoiding working on his motor skills by chatting to kids passing by.

c0bb35re33s4n9zfg.jpg

When we were going home he nearly threw a tantrum because he couldn't eat his cake and travel at the same time. "All I want is cake, is this to much to ask?!" I hope he snapps out of it, I don't have time for any drama, I'm the queen of this show.

s548de701vgd4b7fg.jpg

Once back home I reassured him that he was indeed the apple of my eye. And he took the news of a new sibling surprisingly well.

8ym6x0f1r6x1y55fg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I enjoyed this latest chapter, great job!
    Dawww yay! Great update! The boys are, indeed, SUPER cute. :D
    Thanks you guys :)

Oh the curse of playing faster than updating. I wanna show you the new nooboo now! But I'm in uploading pictures land and it takes forever....
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg