The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with the cheats

tamiamomtamiamom Posts: 2 New Member
I normally don't use cheats but my daughter like to play also. She have a hard time keeping them alive and full. So I put the cheats in for her but once she change towns are go visit somewhere that the game have to load I have to put the codes in for her again.

Comments

• YakuunYakuun Posts: 54 Member
    think that happened to me too. i like to edit the sims in my town, so i activated testingcheats and editsimmode. But then it loaded and both cheats deactivated
  • SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Yeah when you switch to any town/going home it automatically switches off. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or it's simply a bug. Anyway that's how it is.
  • Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    This is the way it is for everyone. When you go through a loading screen of any kind you have to type the cheats in again.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Would that be something that a mod could fix? I remember there being a mod for a previous sims game that would automatically put in testingcheats when the game loaded.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    I would think it can be done, I myself don't know how to do it right now though.
  • micandra_cmicandra_c Posts: 51 Member
    That bug is really annoying.
  • ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    I know the Guru's are aware of the problem and a fix is being worked on - this of course is according to @SimGuruGrant's chat thing.
  • SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    We're looking into a possible change. Currently this is working as intended, so it's not a bug. But, we'll see what it takes to let the cheats remain on.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Perhaps add enable testing cheats to the options menu and, code it so that it auto fires "testingcheats true" at every load in if the option is selected.

That would still let those that only want it for one situation now and then use it as is and still have it cancel on loading screens but also let those that want it always on to have that.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    prolly not a bug... just how the programming works
  • FatescruelFatescruel Posts: 110 Member
    Perhaps add enable testing cheats to the options menu and, code it so that it auto fires "testingcheats true" at every load in if the option is selected.

That would still let those that only want it for one situation now and then use it as is and still have it cancel on loading screens but also let those that want it always on to have that.

I Support This!
    QxkUasu.png