Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Computer Addiction

LOL no matter what traits/aspirations I choose, if I have a computer in the house... they always use it more than anything else.

My couple will be having a conversation, within 2-3minutes one is on the computer :angry:
OJGRGDT.gif

Comments

• Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Happened in The Sims 2 and 3. It is annoying. I used mods to stop them using the computer all the time.
  • DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    I haven't had computer addicted sims yet, weird. Yet I'm glad. That was so annoying in the previous games, I always used mods as well to stop that.
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I have two houses with computers. One sim uses it because of work and the other never touches his computer unless I tell him to. I find it funny.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    LOL I remember!!!!

This time it's like they are tech-junkies. Computer & cellphone addiction.

Cellphone... well, it happens IRL so how can I complain... lol
    OJGRGDT.gif
    Grrr... I'm jealous of you all!!! LOL
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ugh, same issue in TS2 :angry: One would think this would be fixed by now. Wait for a mod.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 is up with the emoticons?!
  • DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    Speaking of cellphones. I want a galaxy note 4 when it comes out, totally done with iPhones at this point. /offtopic
    LOL it's annoying at times, comical at others. Even when guests visit, all they want to do is talk for 1-2 minutes & then head to the computer :lol::lol::lol:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Danicat09Danicat09 Posts: 103 Member
    Yep, mine are on it all the time (whenever I'm not controlling them). They particularly like to "troll teh forums"... I find them doing it constantly! :p
  • SForresterSForrester Posts: 160 Member
    I had to take the computer away since the sims wont leave it alone one got brain fried from it
    with sims 3 thought y doc sim was told to work on it but other then that they were mad for the computer
    tumblr_ljevkx1LHB1qfgm55_zpseb50a181.gif
  • MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    People, calm down. The devs really wanted to send some undercover joke: "See? This sim you made is just like you. Can't leave his computer. See?"

Just to rub it in our faces :c
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • JericaFaceJericaFace Posts: 313 Member
    Yes, secretly it's just EA making fun of us.
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    Sims quickly become addicted to any object that advertises too much fun, as the AI seems to make sims with no pressing needs seek out fun or social interactions. This has been true since The Sims 1.
    Leo_Gruen wrote: »
    Sims quickly become addicted to any object that advertises too much fun, as the AI seems to make sims with no pressing needs seek out fun or social interactions. This has been true since The Sims 1.

haha, I figured that would be it. Although funny, it's over kill at times :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    Computer is fine for my sims. It's the dang stereo they love.
    Sim: *turns it on*
    Me: *"No." Turns it off."
    Sim: *on*
    Me: *off*
    Sim: *....on*
    Me: *"NO! NO MUSIC FOR YOU!" *deletes*

/sigh
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    haha, I figured that would be it. Although funny, it's over kill at times :wink:

The other option is them standing around doing nothing so...
  • MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    The stereo again? In The Sims 2 I completely gave up on buying those abominations. You have no idea how it would scare me when at 3 am some weird simlish rock music started kicking in the house. What I suffered.
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Rhian2005 wrote: »
    Computer is fine for my sims. It's the dang stereo they love.
    Sim: *turns it on*
    Me: *"No." Turns it off."
    Sim: *on*
    Me: *off*
    Sim: *....on*
    Me: *"NO! NO MUSIC FOR YOU!" *deletes*

/sigh

LOL that's so hilarious !

• SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Leo_Gruen wrote: »

It's true. I've seen it in TS3 if I don't tell them anything to do & they have free will, they'll immediately start doing something they consider fun. Same in TS2.