Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

everyone was assuming the game was not ready, and that it would be buggy.

I have hardly seen any bugs. some minor ones. the worst one is the cheat bug. most people do not work in the video game field. So they can not possibly understand how difficult it is. People working on the game focus on the big bugs. like the ones that cause crashing, or hard locks. this costs a lot of money. it is hard for them to spot all the bugs. especially the little ones. if they focus on all the little bugs then it will take lots of money, and they might not accomplish much with fixing the bigger issues. That is why they make patches. There are people complaining about bigger bugs. I have not experienced them. I have played the game for hours on end, and I have not had much problem. I used to be a hardware tester, and even I did not see every bug in the games i worked with. So I am sorry if people are complaining, and upset. No game will be perfect, and not everything can be fixed. these games cost so much money to make as it is. There is a budget.
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• NocturnesRequiemNocturnesRequiem Posts: 87 Member
    While I agree that it's not nearly as buggy as people were claiming it was going to be or working themselves up over, just because YOU aren't seeing many bugs doesn't mean other people aren't. I'm not either, but that baby bug was pretty significant, a lot of people are having bugs in their emotion systems, and there are a few others that are pretty notable.

I agree that it's not as bad as many thought it would be. But I think it's a bit unfair to say "I don't see any bugs so there aren't any".
  • Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    I've seen minor bugs but nothing compared to the nuclear giant super sized roaches there was in Sims 3. Regardless I love both games haha.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    yes the baby bug was annoying and weird. but it is better than a hardlock. The sims 3 would freeze on me. There was also a weird glitch with toddlers i saw similar to the baby one. So people need to get real, and realise that the sims 3 had a lot of the same issues. even after some EP's.
  • Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    yes the baby bug was annoying and weird. but it is better than a hardlock. The sims 3 would freeze on me. There was also a weird glitch with toddlers i saw similar to the baby one. So people need to get real, and realise that the sims 3 had a lot of the same issues. even after some EP's.

The toddlers that looked like slender man? They were terrifying D:

Burn it. Burn it with fire!
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I saved when I exited, but then my save got deleted. I decided to start all over again because I was really frustrated. That's a huge bug for me. A huge amount of gameplay went to waste.
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Then you should get a better computer. Your profile picture is so blurry.
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    Whats the cheat bug?
    cooli02000 wrote: »

it is my roommates computer. mine is back at my parents. I just moved, and so I have to use my roommates. also it is not the computer. it is the website I posted it on.
    Whats the cheat bug?

whenever i leave to go somewhere with my sims the testingcheat code deactivates, and so does the motives cheat.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I haven't even encountered a bug or glitch yet.

But I did see a random Sim have a guitar lodged up her hand though...
  • ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »

Her profile pic being blurry has nothing to do with her computer....

i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • mem1989mem1989 Posts: 26 New Member
    OMG, I had so many problems with bugs and I still have them, though I totally love the new game. All the babies in my game look terrifying, crazy demonic babies. Also many people outside mu lot look the same. I constantly have problems with 123 keys not working and I still don't understand how to handle it, I tried everything and addressed it in bug related topic. So, not everyone is as lucky as you are unfortunately. I should add that I didn't have this kind of problems in TS 1, 2 or 3.