Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Americana Series: [NEW] Victorian - The Ellsbeth (PG. 6)

KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello, Simmers!

What's better than a shotgun shack? I've begun creating a series of Americana-style lots for you to enjoy. All of them look wonderful in Willow Springs neighborhoods, and some are intended for use on the small starter lots (although - fair warning - they do not have "starter" prices, so use the "freerealestate on" cheat to purchase them when you move in your new family.)

Currently, these homes have no custom content and are tagged #NoCC. Comments, suggestions and requests welcome!

NOTE: Sorry for the grid lines in some of the screenshots. I keep forgetting that the game removes the UI but not those silly lines when you screenshot from build mode.

DOWNLOAD

Origin ID: KaylyRed
#NoCC

THE CASTLETON

The Castleton is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath classic American Foursquare home based on plans directly from a 1920s catalog. I believe it really fits the architectural style and look of a foursquare. Download it and see for yourself!

09_04_14_11_06_PM.png

09_04_14_11_06_PM_2.png

09_04_14_11_07_PM.png

09_04_14_11_08_PM.png

09_05_14_2_33_PM.png

09_05_14_2_33_PM_2.png

THE BROOKSIDE

This cozy 2 bedroom 2 bath 2-story Craftsman is another American classic. From the Sears catalog directly to you!

09_05_14_2_46_PM_3.png

09_03_14_10_58_PM.png

09_03_14_10_58_PM_2.png

09_03_14_10_59_PM.png

THE MARQUETTE

The Marquette comes directly from the Sears & Roebuck catalog - house number 3046 from the Honor Bilt home plans. Although I took liberties with the interior (had to, more like, because of some limitations in build mode), the exterior is as true to the original as I could make it. This home sold in the early 20th century for $2,275, "already cut and fitted." :)

09_07_14_9_40_PM.png

09_07_14_9_13_PM.png

09_07_14_9_08_PM.png

09_07_14_9_09_PM.png

09_07_14_9_11_PM.png
Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

Post edited by KaylyRed on

Comments

• KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    edited September 2014
    THE CELESTE

A stylish Mid-century modern. All the architectural rage right now! This is technically a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, but one bedroom is being used as an office.

09_05_14_8_09_PM.png

09_05_14_8_11_PM.png

09_05_14_8_12_PM.png

09_05_14_8_12_PM_2.png

09_05_14_8_12_PM_3.png

THE MITCHELL

The Mitchell is an English-style bungalow from the 1930s - direct from the Sears catalog! It's a two-bedroom home with a large eat-in kitchen and living room with office space. It also fits on a tiny 20X15 lot in Willow Springs!

09_08_14_5_48_PM.png

09_08_14_5_49_PM.png

09_08_14_5_50_PM_2.png

09_08_14_5_51_PM.png

09_08_14_5_53_PM.png

09_08_14_5_54_PM.png
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

edited September 2014
    Here's another Americana Series home for you to download and enjoy!

Origin ID: KaylyRed

#NoCC

THE BELLWETHER

This is a classic mid-19th century Italianate style home. It has all the charm of a bygone era... with a few modern touches!

09_06_14_10_56_PM_2.png

09_06_14_11_01_PM.png

09_06_14_10_46_PM_2.png

09_06_14_10_58_PM_2.png

09_06_14_11_00_PM_2.png

09_06_14_11_00_PM.png

• nuna504nuna504 Posts: 130 Member
    @KaylyRed I love the look, color and landscaping of your lots. They are nicely decorated with a cosy atmosphere. Nicely done.

image_zps1b911b61.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your Americana homes are very nice! :) very nice exterior of the Castleton ! The roofing and covered dormer looks great! It looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build! It looks nice how you have used the window awnings and spandrels. Nice colour and textures that you have used for the exterior. It looks great how you have done the front steps entrance and porch. Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks great how you have used arches to go from the living room to the dining room. Very nice dining area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used and the type of ceiling lights are nice. Nice living room area for Sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa or in the armchairs in front of the fireplace, watching tv. It is nice how you have placed lamps either side of the armchairs. Very nice design of the kitchen. Sims will enjoy having the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windows whilst preparing food there. The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice kitchen touch. Great library study room for sims to use a computer at the wall study desk table area or sit and rest in the armchair reading book from the bookcase. Very nice exterior of the Brookside too! It looks great how you have done the front steps and porch area. The placement of the windows looks very nice.Nice shade of colour and texture that you have used for the interior walls. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat and watching tv.
    They are great homes! :)
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Yes, I have seen those kind of houses for TS3, and really like those. Those houses look nice!
    edited September 2014
    @rosemow, I've seen your posts in other threads and you always give such thoughtful comments. Thank you! :)

@nuna504 and @Chimp2678, thanks for your comments, as well!

New home added! Check out The Celeste (second post.)

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The Celeste is a very nice mid century modern home! :) The roofing looks great and it looks very nice how you have placed the windows! Nice texture and colour that you have used for the exterior. It looks very nice how you have placed the pots of plants in the front nook alcove area! Great back patio area. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers, rocks and plants on the edge of the patio. The fountain is nice in the garden there. Nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen looks great! Nice texture that you have used for the kitchen walls and the blue colour of the kitchen cabinets and counters looks nice. Nice type of wall lights that you have used in the kitchen. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and watching tv. The shade of blue that you have used for the master bed looks nice.Sims will enjoy waking up in the mornings to the sunlight coming in through the bedroom windows. The plants are nice touches on the bedside tables.
    It is a great home! :)
  • MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    I am loving your houses. I am having a hard time myself with adjusting to the new building style. Are yours available for download? And sorry for more noob questions, but what is the "Gallery"?
    I am loving your houses. I am having a hard time myself with adjusting to the new building style. Are yours available for download? And sorry for more noob questions, but what is the "Gallery"?

Hi, @MandyAmandy! Thanks for your kind words. :)

Yes, you can download my houses. You can open up the Gallery from inside The Sims 4. If you're playing in live mode, there's a button on the upper right menu bar that opens the Gallery. You should be able to search for me by my username, KaylyRed. From there, you can download the houses and, if you want, follow me so you'll see when I upload more. :)

• Ace0fJacksAce0fJacks Posts: 58 Member
    I really enjoy The Celeste home! I much prefer single level homes, and you've nailed it with the color scheme and direct flow of everything. <3
    Thank you, @AceOfJacks! The Celeste is my favorite right now. But then, it seems like every new one I build becomes my favorite. :p

• MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you so much for the reply! This new way of sharing lots and sims is simply amazing and incredibly convenient. I look forward to seeing more of your creations!
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2014
    THE CASTLETON front is breathtaking! It reminds me of a home in the area I grew up in that I always passed by going to school. I never got to go inside, but I would imagine how you designed the interior is how it would of looked! Awesome job, it caused some nostalgia <3
  • SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    Love your Americana houses! Especially the Celeste, as that's a style I particularly love. Well done!
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Very nice, love all of them. How many empty lots are in 4? I haven't bought it yet, but I want it for the build mold.
  • RobotosRobotos Posts: 11 New Member
    Very beautiful houses, good job.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    @KaylyRed what great homes. I haven't bought TS4 yet so it's great to see these. Well done. I look forward to seeing what else you create :)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    love both! i need more homes do you take request :)
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    Love them! Makes me want to go buy the game now! The home's look so vibrant, inviting and very realistic.
  • tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    Awesome style love the look. 10+ In my book :)
    Tj08-2-1.jpg
  • Katluvr23Katluvr23 Posts: 62 Member
    Your builds are beautiful! You've really captured the look and feel of each style. Can't wait to see more!
    fbf558f2-449f-46db-84d1-70ee1207be24.jpg
    Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments!

@vcosley - There aren't a lot of empty lots, but you can bulldoze existing ones when you move a sim in. I've just been rebuilding over the Maxis-made houses. You can also create a new saved game file. Since you can save everything you build, it's not such a hardship to build over an existing house.

@ceejay402 - I might consider requests. Depends on how much time I have. ;)

• OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    Very nicely done. I'm always amazed at the wonderful lots that the community puts out. I don't have the skills nor patience to create my own, (except for fairly simple ones) but I sure do enjoy looking and marveling at the work others do. Thanks for sharing these.
    Thanks @Ophylleni!

I've added another home! See the third post in this thread for The Bellwether, my mid-19th century Italianate. :)