Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• dobatochandobatochan Posts: 25 New Member
    I can't post links? that's lame. so change the hxxp to http
    hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaE0o7wRXhs&list=UUki9fJswmhnaq23IrHCq6iQ

I started my first let's play as the legacy challenge!!! I'm having so much fun playing this legacy!!!!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    My legacy, "Goofy Love," is posted here, http://cathytea.wordpress.com/

It's so fun for me to get to know my founder--TS4 Sims are really rich in personality!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2014
    mjh4025 wrote: »
    I didn't see the rule about marrying only townies until after I had already had my founder marry Dina Caliente but since she came with no money and I didn't know her traits I am sticking to it. I guess I will take a point off and follow the rules for the rest of the challenge.

I did the same thing though, married Travis from the BFF household before I realized there was a rule about that. But there aren't that many townie's that are not in households available. If you do this:

Open "Manage Worlds"
    Top right corner, open "Household Management"
    Click the "Unplayed Households" tab
    Sort households by "Not in World"

You can see exactly how many there are and what they look like.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,538 Member
    My Legacy is Here, Chapter One
  • Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    That's helpful @BlindxSecrets! If I can compile a list of actual NPCs, that'll about cover it, I think! (Not names, bc they'll regenerate, but types, i.e.: mailman, social worker, maid, etc.--I think quite a few are missing in 4? Like repairman, Fireman, police, nanny?)
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Grace1974P I thought so, too. Was pretty happy when I realized you could do that. Do the names still regenerate/change? They don't seem to have jobs listed with them that I can see, but you can preview them in CAS and whatnot through it. I think they are just normal Sims without specific jobs, though. Pretty sure repairman, fireman and nanny are no longer in the game. Not sure about cops or mail carriers.

These are the last names of the townies I have in my game:

Zimmer
    Goodrich
    Hinojosa
    Millard
    Romero
    Fuller
    Rivera
    Thompson
    Courtney
    Paulson
    Curtis
    Dwyer
    McNair
    Norwood
    Chappell
    Mitchell
    Boyer
    Bruster
    Joyce
    Seay
    Barrera
    Worthington
    Koenig
    Covington
    Fenton
    Stuckey
    Henley
    Butcher
    Oliveira
    Whitten
    Lugo
    Goldsmith
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    Gigidawn wrote: »
    Anyone know what folder the screenshots are saved in? I can't find them outside of the game to pull them into tumblr or anything like that.

There should be a screenshots folder in your sims 4 folder (in my documents, EA, sims 4)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sihara wrote: »
    I love everything about the Legacy challenge, except scoring. For some reason the scoring process and criteria just feel overwhelming, so I just don't worry about it. The only section on scoring I care about is the Penalties category. I play so that if I reach 10 generations successfully with less than 10 penalties, then I've beaten the Legacy challenge.

I think if you make it to 10 generations, you've successfully completed the legacy challenge. Scoring, I see as an extra guide/set of challenges that you can use to compare your legacy with other people, or have additional guidelines/structure goals if you like. I don't think it exists to cause extra stress. In fact, in other versions, many different variations exist, and you can put your own additional twists on it, such as: having a ''supernatural family'' legacy, where you try to have one of each supernatural in your legacy family, or in sims 2, I had an ''Uglacy'', where an additional goal was at the end, by marrying only NPCs, etc, you end up with the UGLIEST heir possible--it was VERY funny! I like to think people can slightly loosen the rules or add additional ones to make it harder, to suit their own needs, maybe that won't be a popular opinion, but I think what increases someones personal enjoyment of the game should be encouraged--better to Legacy than not to Legacy! :-D
    A few other answers I saw from the Q & A sessions with Sim Guru Grant that people have been asking about here:
    ☆ About last names not changing when you marry a townie:

''We'd like to improve this. Right now you need to use the full cas edit cheat to take them back into CAS and update their name. It isn't as good as it should be.''
    And,
    ''Exactly. What I'd like is:

1. Wedding
    2. Modal dialog that let's you change name. [to whichever desired last name you want, as opposed to previous systems where whoever proposed is the last name that is taken]
    3. Modal dialog that let's you move them in to a house together (it should do this already)''

☆ On the possibility of getting custom paintings/landscapes or our own images as options through the easel:

''These are great feature additions we'd like to have.''

☆ On the missing family trees, and whether they will be added, or are being worked on:

''Family tree is very much on our mind.''
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Hey Pinstar (or anyone else who's seen the answer), has there been an official ruling on those reward lamps that we got from registering Sims 3? Are we allowed to use them to boost moods or is it cheating?

For now, I'm ruling them as acceptable since you can obtain similar items in game even if you don't have them and their effects are not disgustingly overpowered. If someone can demonstrate a "Disgustingly Overpowered" use for them, I may change my ruling, but that is the rule as it stands now.

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @Pinstar1161 - Woot! Tyvm for getting back to me. :D Also, just a reminder for those who may have missed it. On page 12 I posted a list of sims who are NOT eligible to be married. So by process of elimination, any sim that isn't on that list IS eligible. :D
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I have started a challenge. I am doing Strict Patriarchy, First Born, Strict Bloodline. I may already be in trouble. My founder Larry Leggacy :# has had a real hard time making friends. He finally did get one girl to go on a date and flirted with her enough to ask her to go steady (although he got embarrassed and I thought it was over). She came over the next morning so I got them engaged and then quickly married them.
    cb9fe5be-0a1a-4ba4-97db-b3843d899515.png
    Well - she hates children! Plus she didn't bring in any money because she wasn't a townie although I thought she was. I had to split her household. Yikes. I was looking forward to the $20,000 that marrying a townie brings in! He only has a twin bed and not enough room to get a full size one and with only $220 in the bank not enough money to get one anyway. Guess I can move the kitchen outside, sell the twin and buy a full. :o On the bright side she is only 9 days to adult so my first task is to quickly get her pregnant so I can cross my fingers for some boys!
  • capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    I'm so excited. I started a legacy based on a Native American Sim female. I haven't posted it yet or anything because I can't think of what a good name for that that is simlish-y. Native Similian?

I decided my legacy is going to be very story heavy because that's just how I've always been. I decided to go with a Hopi naming conventions and the house is pueblo style.

I probably should have just done a theme that I'm more comfortable with and know a lot more about but I figured doing something a bit different would be fun.

But yeah, if anyone has any suggestions for what to call her ethnic/racial group that'd be great!
    @capturedmuse - Plumbobkee? Siminole? (Cherokee, Seminole) :P
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    if i want to get colin to do anything he needs a house first. i thought playing a guy would be easier since they don't usually care as much about things. colin hates that his toilet is outside so he alternates between sad and embaressed. sad i think because girls don't hangout on lots without walls.
  • Mr_HorseshoeMr_Horseshoe Posts: 30 New Member
    Painting is way too good right now. So easy to make money for little effort. I suggest banning the painting profession until a future patch balances it. Also, the 20,000 simoleon bonus for moving in an outsider is too much. For my game, whenever an heir has an outsider move in I buy another knight statue.

Overall, the legacy challenge for TS4 is fantastic! Thank you, Pinstar!
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited September 2014
    @BlindxSecrets & @Grace1974P - I can confirm that letter carriers are definitely in the game. My sim married one. :)

Note the snazzy uniform. ;D

8gck9ze.png

Though, since he moved in we only receive mail once a week on bill day and I haven't seen a new mailman yet. Sucks waiting ages for elements to get back!

edit: Oh geez, I didn't say anything terrible there, honest. lol!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I can't remember. Are we supposed to only control the founder sim until the heir is young adult?
    @KitOnlyHuman - Nah, you can fully control all sims in the household. An ISBI (I'm Surrounded By Idiots) challenge is the one where you're only allowed to control your 'current heir' or 'torch-holder.'
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Okay - I lucked out. The baby was a boy! Now I don't have to put his wife through umpteen pregnancies. She absolutely HATES being pregnant.
    49a7cc82-e32d-48bb-ab62-f8b3d909ed10.png
    Also, I just realized a sim won't progress in their career until they complete ALL of the requirements. My founder dude has a really hard time making friends and he needs four! Ugh...Maybe I just haven't figured out the secret.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @KitOnlyHuman - Nah, you can fully control all sims in the household. An ISBI (I'm Surrounded By Idiots) challenge is the one where you're only allowed to control your 'current heir' or 'torch-holder.'
    I kinda like the idea of only playing one Sim each generation but I didn't know if it was a rule or not. ^.^ I'm kinda doing a mix of the alphabet strict firstborn matriarchal legacy. Might as well add ISBI too!
    i gave colin walls ad a door now hes happy . well happier .
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @friendsfan -- try having a Sim that loves the outdoors! My founder has been so happy to be living out on a big lot, that I sort of hated building her a little adobe house once she and her boyfriend could afford it. I've kept the bed outside on a patio to keep her happy.

I did notice that once we had a door and walls, all sorts of Sims started coming by to visit. But that also might be because once Timothy moved in, he had a lot of friends.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    i'm just happy colin is alive. he was dead yesterday in a stove mishap. so i didn't get far.
  • flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    Since starting to play, I've hated that my sim doesn't meet anyone at work. That makes it so much harder for my sim to make new friends and potential mates. I've always had trouble getting my sims out and about in the world, there always seems to much they need to accomplish at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top