Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pretty boys..

Maybe a stupid question but am I the only one who thinks that CAS misses options to make "rough" Sims?
I am looking for ages, in the game and gallerie, for a nice looking male sim but they are all so... Pretty and soft looking :(

Even with muscle and beards they look more cuddly than strong....
I know, I know Sims aren't supposed to be realistic but... A few options for rougher skin and less soft skin textures, would that hurt? ( maybe a few, not so boyish haircuts as well, but I don't want to take it to far)

Comments

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    They are very soft looking. I think part of that is just the aesthetic of the game, though. Everything's soft-looking. It's definitely hard to make rugged, manly men. I think you can manage to make them look rugged compared to everyone else in the game, but it takes a lot of tweaking. I agree that a wider variety of haircuts may help.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    well chest hair and cooler tattooed/piercings would help but you'd need mods for that
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    And body hair. Body hair makes everything more manly.
    &PHgr;
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    well chest hair and cooler tattooed/piercings would help but you'd need mods for that

They really need to add body hair to this game soon!

(My version of Bigby Wolf isn't complete without it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Oh Body hair is badly needed! Hope that comes next.
    Tattoos isn't my thing, sadly, but yea I guess it can help.

I hope that we get a better version of the stubble beard soon, the one in game looks more like a shadow.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Agreed, body hair would help quite a bit here.

I like my pretty boy!!! LOL :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif
    Niana wrote: »
    Oh Body hair is badly needed! Hope that comes next.
    Tattoos isn't my thing, sadly, but yea I guess it can help.

I hope that we get a better version of the stubble beard soon, the one in game looks more like a shadow.

maybe a buldge slider lol. there's your manliness haha jk
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I agree, this was a big complaint of mine, they all look like pretty boys. The male sims almost all look alike. Unless you make an alien sim with crazy proportions, they all look the same (males)
    Schantal wrote: »
    I agree, this was a big complaint of mine, they all look like pretty boys. The male sims almost all look alike. Unless you make an alien sim with crazy proportions, they all look the same (males)

Body shapes get pretty generic if you're going for the muscular look. but i've made some pretty unique faces using the fine-tuning option.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yeah I was a bit disappointed in the lack of bulge slider for male sims, Its not that big of a deal, if they can add a boob and butt one, why not a bulge too?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    Agreed, body hair would help quite a bit here.

I like my pretty boy!!! LOL :wink:

Nothing wrong with pretty boys, but we need variation, ;)

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    revgrv wrote: »
    And body hair. Body hair makes everything more manly.

Hairy male sims = yay!

Love body hair <3 Men with body hair... you win the gene pool.

Don't care much for back hair though :unamused:
    Shades302 wrote: »
    Yeah I was a bit disappointed in the lack of bulge slider for male sims, Its not that big of a deal, if they can add a boob and butt one, why not a bulge too?

Don't get me started on that, personally I think every game that has boob sliders needs a bulde slider, just for fairness.

Don't get me started on that, personally I think every game that has boob sliders needs a bulde slider, just for fairness.

maybe for some reason enlarging THAT particular region ups the game rating? >.>

[disapproving frown]
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Maybe someone will make a mod for it :3
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    Maybe someone will make a mod for it :3

I'm sure they will, just hope that ea will do something about that as well,
    I hoped to play Sims 4 without mods, don't get me wrong I liked the mods for Sims 3 but they are every time a bit of a hassle.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Maybe a complexion slider...

Was I the only one who clicked the thread title and expected something else? ^_^
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Agree. It was the same in TS3. The pretty boys have their place in my heart too, but I like men who LOOK like men.

Either one of these do it for you?
    JohnMarston_zps9632ca8a.pngWesleyTS4_zps70b26ca9.png
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Nice Sims, Sue! :)

@Niana, do you have some particular men in mind?
    edited September 2014
    @Sue_D_Nim
    I really like the first one :)

@Jessa_Dakkar
    well actually my BF but for now lets just go with Hugh jackman in wolverine <3
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    ok guys show your manly rough Sims. Now's the time. show us your stuff. :D
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I agree. I feel like all the bro's look like softies. I was trying to make a manly more gruff looking sim, for my female and even with the tattoos and muscles he just didn't look real manly.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited September 2014
    Evalen wrote: »
    ok guys show your manly rough Sims. Now's the time. show us your stuff. :D

I couldn't agree more
    *gets popcorn and opera glasses*
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Sue_D_Nim
    I really like the first one :)

@Jessa_Dakkar
    well actually my BF but for now lets just go with Hugh jackman in wolverine <3

Haha.. I got ya. I have a co-worker who has him quite frequently as her phone wallpaper. And every time he's shirtless. I think it could be done easier if the hair was able to be not so.. lego. I found it easy in TS3 to make a more rugged looking guy but only with CC. Maybe a good skin and eyebrow replacements along with cc stubble and hair....

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Body hair would definitely help. And I'd like earring options where men can just have earrings in one ear, not both. I see more men with a single earring around my area than in both ears. More variety in facial hair, including more mustache styles would be nice; I can't even create my friend's younger Simself because he wore a mustache that's not in game (more of an upside-down horseshoe -- the one in game that's under the nose and bushy does match the way he wears it now, 30 years older).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)