Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does anyone give a Rat's Behind if its 64 or 32 Bits?

I don't give a Flying Woo Hoo if the game is 32 bits, it works and that's all I care about, there is Somewhat of a Create a Style, there are ways to Change the Color or Picture on Shirts, I am happy with 50x50, lot size 64 is WAYYYY too big, how big of a house do you need??? Sheesh. as for Pools, You are aware that Diving boards didn't come for a for a Few Weeks in the Sims 3, Right? any way I am Happy with the game and what ever EA Throws at us

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It was years before we got diving boards in ts3 not months. We didn't get them till Seasons came out in a patch.
  • Options
    DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    bflury is the only person in the entire world who cares about the 32-bit/64-bit issue.
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I am Happy with what ever EA Throws at us

Well then...
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    To me, finding out that a big modern game doesn't have a 64-bit executable is always a disappointment, tbh.
    TS4 is not the first and most likely won't be the last game to disappoint me on that regard.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I care because 32-bit limits how much memory can be assigned to the program, 32-bit 2-3g. 2g normally or 3g is large address aware. I have over 16g of memory and it'd be nice to use more of it.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    What is the point of 32 vs 64? the game runs on my 64 bit system.. without any problems.. why does it matter? whats the difference?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    Shades302 wrote: »
    What is the point of 32 vs 64? the game runs on my 64 bit system.. without any problems.. why does it matter? whats the difference?

How much memory can be assigned to the program in windows.
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    I'm not even sure what the difference would be... If it works, it works lol.
  • Options
    modernlifemodernlife Posts: 111 Member
    It might be fine now, but after loads of expansions and custom content you might be wishing the game supported multi cores and more than 4GB RAM. We shouldn't be limited by the lowest common denominator.
  • Options
    Snarkman1974Snarkman1974 Posts: 68 Member
    then play battlefield along side the Sims 4
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    > @Diedrupo said:
    > bflury is the only person in the entire world who cares about the 32-bit/64-bit issue.

Bflury is just whiney about everything.
    large.jpg
  • Options

Oh, that makes sense, I can understand how this would annoy some people now! Thanks :3
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    GithernGithern Posts: 75 Member
    I do, I bought more than four gigs of Ram and I would love the programs to use it. Plain and simple.
    Ewkward
  • Options
    then play battlefield along side the Sims 4

You do realize that Battlefield is a shooter..... Right?
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am not sure either, as I am not into that stuff, Me, turn the computer on, oh yes, it runs, good show, now I can play.
    Oh no, computer don't run, what's wrong, call grandson, Oh ok, yea thanks its ok now. what do I know?
    My Sims run fine and I can play.
  • Options
    Snarkman1974Snarkman1974 Posts: 68 Member
    I know, just giving an example, or play TS3 and TS4 together
  • Options
    I know, just giving an example, or play TS3 and TS4 together

TS3 is also 32-bit executable so it doesn't really help :\
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    zMightyMoosezzMightyMoosez Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2014
    Just wait until we start getting dlc and expansions, it wont be running so buttery smooth afterwards. Even now I get occasional stuttering with an i7 and 16GB of memory.
    tumblr_inline_mmg7gkar3b1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member

I'm not an expert on this, but for skyrim (which is also a 32 bit game), it crashes if you go over 3.1g of memory usage which is a limitation if it being 32 bit and that can't be fixed. It wasn't a problem for the vanilla game, but severely limits the amount of mods (particularly graphics enhancing mods) that you can run.

I imagine that there might also be problems for heavily modded sims4 but I guess that's something we won't find out for a while.
  • Options

Oh, that makes sense, I can understand how this would annoy some people now! Thanks :3

No problem. Most people don't realize the difference between 32-64bit. :)
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    How many games use 64 ? not many it is useful for background working .
    Developers have not yet started to utilise 64 and most games are still 32
  • Options
    HonelithHonelith Posts: 22 New Member
    edited September 2014
    64 bit = better performance when lots of things have loaded. 32 bit = lots of stuttering when too much has loaded and will usually end with crashes. Being stuck with a 32 bit executable means The Sims 4 has a limitation which the devs have to work around, which isn't good.
  • Options
    AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    In fact, I give five!

l-Baksida-med-svart-ram.jpg

It's stupid to limit hardware when they KNOW Sims games have such terrible performance issues once expansions come out. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy the game, just bummed that I can guarantee it won't run smoothly later on.
  • Options
    JeffreyCorJeffreyCor Posts: 114 Member
    As long as there are no problems such as memory constraint caused by being 32 bit it doesn't make a bit of difference. Had a huge number of mods in previous Sims releases so don't imagine this will be a problem now. If it works well for what you need who cares whats behind the scenes. :)
  • Options
    That makes sense, if the game supported 64-bit, then when we get more and more expansions there would be more of a chance the games would stay running smoothly, right?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1