Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    Blah! I knew there was a reason I was going to do a male founder. Alas, I completely forgot and am several hours into my female founder's story. I don't particularly mind the guy wanting to keep his name--who ever heard of one changing it for a girl? I'm more relieved I am not forced to take his. (Some of those names are dorky.)

My real concern is over whose name the babies will inherit. It's them, not the spouse, that will carry on the line after all.

I still need to finish getting the blog I'm doing for my legacy set up and then I'll let people see it. This is a solo project (as opposed to For Love Or Money or the Megan / Matt / Clay thing), meaning I can get things done faster. It's also kinda funny, because this is me actually learning how to play The Sims as opposed to manipulating the game to do what I want. (Which was how I played Sims 3.)

Anyway, back to my legacy founder, her quest to master programming, and (of course) "programming" the blog to be ready for readers. :p
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited September 2014
    Grace1974P wrote: »
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the issue of your spouse not taking your founders last name? My founder is female and she just got married and their last names are different. Anyone know a fix for this?

I've seen a lot of posts about this issue, it seems to be the status quo? I haven't married yet, but I'm a tad worried about it, for future legacies, obviously.

I've had two sims marry. Both spouses (female townies) kept their original last name. And their children would have been born with the townie's last name if I did not manually change it each time.

edit: Yes you can choose a first and last name for the new baby when it is born. But it defaults to the mother's name I think.
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    I just wrapped up a Random Legacy for TS3 (no story I was just too too busy) I don't know how far I will get with another school semester starting Monday, but I hope to find some time each week to play a new legacy. I'm looking forward to reading all these sims' adventures and their quest to find the spouse/mate to carry on their family. Thanks for the rules update, I'll keep checking for any new changes once everyone has had a chance to play.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • MommiesimMommiesim Posts: 11 New Member
    How can you have a legacy without a family tree? ><
  • duckofdoom2002duckofdoom2002 Posts: 89 Member
    Mommiesim wrote: »
    How can you have a legacy without a family tree? ><

I don't have a family tree but I am chronicling the legacy via a tumblr blog to tell my story. I'd like to think of it as a family album for my sims. However I know some people use external family trees (I'm not sure what they use exactly but I know there are a few websites?).
    tumblr_n5qff3lygs1rm3gh5o1_500_by_sapphireluna-d7qhib6.png
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I like the old pen and paper method of keeping track of all my Sims. :) Call me old fashioned. Guess that's the writer in me talking.
  • zombiesquirezombiesquire Posts: 32 Member
    Yeah I was going to track the family tree on a word document and then create a visual tree on my simblr as an about page. That way people can see how they are progressing!
    The Dupont Legacy - http://sims4living.tumblr.com

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Gigidawn wrote: »
    My founder married a townie who was actually roomies with a group of 4 sims not currently in world. When founder married him and moved him in, he didnt bring any funds with him. This has been very challenging! My sims couldnt afford a double bed and had to take turns sleeping on the twin bed. when one was using the bed, I would send one over to the park bench near the fishing spot to nap. It was a full 4 sims days before I could afford a full bed so they could wooohoo at the same time. (EDIT! I meant woohoo for the first time, not at the same time... lol!!! ) :o

I should have picked a townie that had no roomies to bring in some cash! I guess my sim married for love instead of money. <3
    I feel your pain my founder married Don Lothario and we all know he was living with the Calientes so yeah they are living a little rough. lol

• LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    edited September 2014
    If any of you are interested in an online family tree generator, I use Familyecho.com, easy to use and the graphics are nice. :)

Ty for the heads up on possibly borking relationships by using the cas.fulleditmode cheat to change names. Ugh. Hopefully they get this bug fixed ASAP.

There are no 'hidden traits' garnered from NPC sim parents, so no additional scoring required on that front. As far as knowing which sims are eligible to be married, it'd be easier to keep track of which sims are the premades (families you can select and play other than your own sims). There are fewer of them, so it's easier to remember lol. So to clarify, the following sims ARE NOT eligible to be married into your Legacy, if you're following Pinstar's rules strictly.

According to the Prima Guide they are (in no particular order) :

Mortimer Goth
    Bella Goth
    Cassandra Goth
    Alexander Goth
    Eric Lewis
    Alice Spencer-Kim
    Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis
    Vivian Lewis
    Dennis Kim
    Bob Pancakes
    Eliza Pancakes
    Travis Scott
    Liberty Lee
    Summer Holiday
    Katrina Caliente
    Dina Caliente
    Nina Caliente
    Don Lothario
    Geoffrey Landgraab
    Nancy Landgraab
    Malcolm Landgraab
    Johnny Zest
    Zoe Patel
    Michell Kalani
    J Huntington III
    Gavin Richards

Hope that helps clear up some confusion for some peeps. :) Happy simming!
  • ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    For mine, I am hand making a family tree and posting it on my blog. Each generation will show the founder / current heir, their spouse, and any children. Beneath that will be little memorial descriptions of each family member that has come and gone. :) I will also likely give some backstory to my chosen succession law choices here, while I will just list them for practicality on the page where my scoring info is kept.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Lynnwood--Thanks so much for this list! It's so much easier than going to "Manage Household" and checking to see if the current love-interest is listed as "Not currently in world." My founder just met a cute loner/family-oriented Sim that she really hit it off with (I forget the first name, but the last name is Milton), and I was so glad to see he was "Not currently in world" AND not on your list! Now... if only my Sim Cedar Bough thinks he's as cute and interesting as I do!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Yes! Thanks @Lynnwood
    @CathyTea - You're welcome! :D I figured it'd be nice for someone to list them, for those who don't have the guide/can't get it until the 9th. :)
    One thing I'm curious about . . . is it against the challenge rules to use the 'Hand of God?' As in, can we pick up dirty dishes with the mouse and put them in the garbage, or do the sims HAVE to clean up after themselves?
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited September 2014
    The mailman and my sim just had their spawn! Twins! :o

edit: @Lynnwood Oops.. I hope that's okay, 'cause I do it constantly.

The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • felenachick25felenachick25 Posts: 6 New Member
    Oo goodness I had twin girls as well !!! :)
  • duckofdoom2002duckofdoom2002 Posts: 89 Member
    I just had twins too! Something must be in the local water supply for our sims.... (1 boy and 1 girl for me!)
    tumblr_n5qff3lygs1rm3gh5o1_500_by_sapphireluna-d7qhib6.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i had my first girl sim ever.but it was in my genetic challenge.
    edited September 2014
    @FloorRaisin - ROFL same!! I'm hoping it's allowed, because I catch myself doing it without even thinking. XD

EDIT - Grats on the twins! I've had 3 births in-game, they've all been singletons so far.
    Okay so my fear has become a reality. Koral just had her 7th child and it's a boy. Since I'm playing a Strict Matriarchy I needed to have a girl. She is 2 days from becoming elder. It's safe to say I failed. I guess I have to start all over. Smh I'm in disbelief. 7 boys.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Okay so my fear has become a reality. Koral just had her 7th child and it's a boy. Since I'm playing a Strict Matriarchy I needed to have a girl. She is 2 days from becoming elder. It's safe to say I failed. I guess I have to start all over. Smh I'm in disbelief. 7 boys.

You are allowed one use of a youth-restoring object per sim, now might be the time to use one on her (if you haven't already)
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

You are allowed one use of a youth-restoring object per sim, now might be the time to use one on her (if you haven't already)
    This is good to know. Thanks Pinstar. :D
    @Duck and all the others with twins: did your Sim eat something special while pregnant? Cookies? Special cake? Pies?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I'm so happy! It's only my second night of playing my legacy, and my Sim (Lifetime aspiration: soulmate) met the love of her life! And it's the guy I liked, too (bonus for me), and HUGE surprise, he is also a goofball and this is a goofball legacy! (exemplar: goofball). And he's so cute, and a loner (which I like), and family-oriented, with the successful lineage LTA, which seems perfect, given that he's a founder! Ah! little happy dances over here... I love goofballs. They walk around with the funniest smiles all the time!

And... the best part is... the romance was all sim-initiated! Ok, I helped a little by putting my founder in the flirty hat then inviting her buddy over, but they took over from there, totally autonomously!

After she asked him to move in (we were at the gym), he popped over at home, and by the time my founder got there, he was cleaning the shower! Now that's a dream guy!

Only one slight drawback: in his relationship panel, I see he has another romantic relationship (at lovebird status), who's an elder, and he's only 7 days away from being an elder himself!

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    All right! I'm ready to try out a legacy once more (I've never managed to stick with the same family for the whole 10 gen before but this time it will be different - or so I tell myself). Anyway, I think I will try Equality - Strictly Traditional - Last Born concept. Fun!

Also, are a lot of people posting their stories in blogs these days? I want to read some attempts!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top