Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't seem to get the counters to attach in corners

I saw some pre-made kitchens with the counters attached at the corner. I tried it on my own and they won't attached. I even turned off auto counters. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Comments

• Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    Try turning ON the auto counters, or selecting and placing the corner pieces manually with auto counters turned off.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    when you pick a counter, there is a sub menu with the different shapes the cabinets come in...sounds like you need to click on a corner section.
  • Options
    Rosemyst21Rosemyst21 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. Where is the sub menu? Not seeing any pop up for me when I select a counter I want to use.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2014
    Rosemyst21 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Where is the sub menu? Not seeing any pop up for me when I select a counter I want to use.

When you click on the color swatches for a cabinet it opens the little menu thing to the left.

40f33ac6-eb19-43cf-bbcb-2a5922955bc8.png

Hitting the tool icon to turn off autodraw is what opens it up.
  • Options
    Rosemyst21Rosemyst21 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    senoracarmen0112senoracarmen0112 Posts: 6 New Member
    Awesome! I will try this. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I found the sub menu--and have used some.

I am still having some trouble with placing some cabinets though, with the auto cabinet
    feature turned "off".
    I have tried using different cabinets; but have a hard time getting them to "connect"---a few of
    them still leave a little space between them, as SenoraCarmen said.

I was just trying to use them in a straight line, with a refrig between.
    Either I still am choosing the wrong ones--or they just aren't coming out right for the floor
    squares with the fridge?

Has anyone else experienced this too?

Ex: I tried using the end glass cabinet & placing it on the end (left) of my other cabinets---it would
    not click into place. I tried rotating it--it seemed to only want to go into a "right" handed position?
    Is there anyway to fix this? I was thinking a "end" cabinet would be able to be placed either end?
  • Options
    CassieblckCassieblck Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I am having this same problem. I cannot seem to get them to connect without spaces between them. :(
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    In a case like that I usually just hit "alt" and shove things around millimeter by millimeter to make them a perfect fit ;)
    but that would mean you'd have to shove around everything... or... hmm... just the fridge...
    And before you ask: as long as it can be placed, it's fully functional ;)
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    @Asante @Cassieblck @Junebug6620, you are going to have to use alt. I had the same problem when I was placing counters. Yep routing is a lot better in the sims 4 so everything will be functional.
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    ...you are going to have to use alt. I had the same problem when I was placing counters. Yep routing is a lot better in the sims 4 so everything will be functional.

The only downside here is that I can't push things into each other. *sad kitty face*
    I miss my weird monster MOO fountains...
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    @Asante, yep I really miss the moveobjects cheat. I heard that they were working on one though. It would be really helpful.
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    some counters are meant to be end pieces, so they are shorter because of that....
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Yeah, but they don't seem to have made a Left end piece to match the Right end piece. Not that I would use both in one kitchen--I just thought all cabinets one should have the choice of using the exact same cabinet for either the Left or Right hand position...

BTW--Thank you, Lovelylyssia095 for sharing your experience with the cabinets. :)
  • Options
    gamerrecordtvgamerrecordtv Posts: 63 Member
    I ll also try this