Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    What about the NIVIDA 9600?

This is under the orange colour rating on the list. Please check the first post first ;)
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    I have the deformed baby issue, and someone else who has my graphic card does also. So the baby glitch isn't just an Intel integrated card issue. BTW my card is nvidia gt 745m.
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    What about the NIVIDA 9600?

This is under the orange colour rating on the list. Please check the first post first ;)

I do apologise, I must be blind lol cheers
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    pam4402003 wrote: »
    pam4402003 wrote: »
    I have noticed that you have the GT 640 in orange list, I have a 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB is this the same card as the one you have listed? I also been playing the Demo without any problems, just not sure now if I will have problems with the game or not. I have not bought the game yet and don't plan on it until I make sure I am ok with the card I have. Thank you for putting this list together it is a great help!!

Hello,

Its sort of on the borderline between medium and high settings (for the base game at least), and mainly depends on what type of memory the card has (GDDR5 vs DDR3, where GDDR5 memory is better). However, I think because 2GB GDDR5 GT 640s are rare, I expect the game will run at medium settings for you.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

I also have a GTX 295 which came with my pc, I replaced it with the GT 640 because with sims 3 the GTX 295 did not run good. it ran VERY hot. So now I am wondering if I should put the GTX 295 back in for the sims 4 what is your thought on this? The GT 640 ran the sims 3 great on all high settings but not the GTX 295, so why would it run the sims 4 better? I am confused on all this stuff.

Hello,

It sounds to me that your GTX 295 had overheating problems which was throttling its performance, causing it to majorly underperform. The 'color rating' of the GTX 295 was based on information from the game files, however it could be the case that the GT 640 would run better for you.

Cody

Alienware
    Intel Core i7 960 (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)
    6GB 1333Mhz DDR3
    2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB
    1.2TB Raid 0(2x640GB SATA-11 7,200RPM,16MB Cache)
    875w
    Liquid C.

This is my system, when I took it in because of the heating problems with the 295, they could not figure out why it would be over heating with the sims game so they just recommended to go with the GT 640 instead. They said it could be just that the card was to much for the game. I really did not have a problem with the GTX 295 overheating doing other things just when I played the sims 3 games. I am afraid to put it back in not sure if it would run hot or not with sims 4.
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    edited September 2014
    Mine is AMD A4-5000 processor quad-core I have an all in one so was wondering if that's why I cant find it , though it could just be me being blind , would sims 4 run ok on it?

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Mine is AMD A4-5000 processor quad-core I have an all in one so was wondering if that's why I cant find it , though it could just be me being blind , would sims 4 run ok on it?
    Hello,

That is your processor (CPU) not the graphics chip. However, I did a Google search, and you have the AMD Radeon HD 8330 integrated graphics chip. This should be able to play at low settings, however I think your CPU may not be powerful enough to play the game. So perhaps not supported for TS4.

Sorry for this inconvenience,

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Hello,

That is your processor (CPU) not the graphics chip. However, I did a Google search, and you have the AMD Radeon HD 8330 integrated graphics chip. This should be able to play at low settings, however I think your CPU may not be powerful enough to play the game. So perhaps not supported for TS4.

Cody

Trust me to put the wrong thing in lol Awh man :( I'll try it anyway :( thankyou

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    I don't know, I have an Intel HD 4000 Graphics card and it runs everything amazingly at medium settings except for the baby glitch. I really feel like it should technically be supported...I'm not sure tho. I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch mid-2012 playing on Windows 7 Bootcamp.
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @pam4402003 said:
    > CodySimstein wrote: »
    >
    > pam4402003 wrote: »
    >
    > CodySimstein wrote: »
    >
    > pam4402003 wrote: »
    >
    > I have noticed that you have the GT 640 in orange list, I have a 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB is this the same card as the one you have listed? I also been playing the Demo without any problems, just not sure now if I will have problems with the game or not. I have not bought the game yet and don't plan on it until I make sure I am ok with the card I have. Thank you for putting this list together it is a great help!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > Its sort of on the borderline between medium and high settings (for the base game at least), and mainly depends on what type of memory the card has (GDDR5 vs DDR3, where GDDR5 memory is better). However, I think because 2GB GDDR5 GT 640s are rare, I expect the game will run at medium settings for you.
    >
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,
    >
    > Cody
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I also have a GTX 295 which came with my pc, I replaced it with the GT 640 because with sims 3 the GTX 295 did not run good. it ran VERY hot. So now I am wondering if I should put the GTX 295 back in for the sims 4 what is your thought on this? The GT 640 ran the sims 3 great on all high settings but not the GTX 295, so why would it run the sims 4 better? I am confused on all this stuff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > It sounds to me that your GTX 295 had overheating problems which was throttling its performance, causing it to majorly underperform. The 'color rating' of the GTX 295 was based on information from the game files, however it could be the case that the GT 640 would run better for you.
    >
    > Cody
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Alienware
    > Intel Core i7 960 (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)
    > 6GB 1333Mhz DDR3
    > 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB
    > 1.2TB Raid 0(2x640GB SATA-11 7,200RPM,16MB Cache)
    > 875w
    > Liquid C.
    >
    > This is my system, when I took it in because of the heating problems with the 295, they could not figure out why it would be over heating with the sims game so they just recommended to go with the GT 640 instead. They said it could be just that the card was to much for the game. I really did not have a problem with the GTX 295 overheating doing other things just when I played the sims 3 games. I am afraid to put it back in not sure if it would run hot or not with sims 4.

If you manually checked your video card to see if its free from dirt clogging up the ventilation system and the card isnt know for being on the hot side, a common issue is that the Sims 3 had no built in framerate limiter and becuase of this it would overstress the GPU. Once I put on an evga frame limiter my game ran a lot better in general.

The Sims 4 was completely rebuilt as is the smoothest playing and fastest loading sims game I've ever played.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Has anyone played on the AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265? I miss read the desktop list and thought the M265 would play the game but the laptop version of the R7 265 is listed in Orange.
  • SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Has anyone played on the AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265? I miss read the desktop list and thought the M265 would play the game but the laptop version of the R7 265 is listed in Orange.
    I probably think you may be able to play on medium settings.

Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
    Brd709 wrote: »

Hello,

The laptop versions of the cards are usually slightly more underpowered for gaming then the desktop versions. Despite this, the M265 should be able to handle medium-high settings.

Cody

• kimalimalimkimalimalim Posts: 8 New Member
    Okay I have a backup option for if my graphics card isn't good enough for TS4, are these specs good enough:
    Intel Celeron 900 2.2GHz Processor
    15.6 inch WUXGA TFT Display
    DVD±RW Optical Drive
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel GMA 4500M Graphics Card
    2GB RAM

The specs are for my old laptop that I got around 2009, it's a bit slow but as I don't use it I can clear a load of stuff off or even reset it completely if needs be. Hopefully my graphics card will be alright, but if not I've got backup as long as it's good enough?
    Okay I have a backup option for if my graphics card isn't good enough for TS4, are these specs good enough:<br />
    Intel Celeron 900 2.2GHz Processor<br />
    15.6 inch WUXGA TFT Display<br />
    DVD±RW Optical Drive<br />
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium<br />
    Intel GMA 4500M Graphics Card<br />
    2GB RAM<br />
    <br />
    The specs are for my old laptop that I got around 2009, it's a bit slow but as I don't use it I can clear a load of stuff off or even reset it completely if needs be. Hopefully my graphics card will be alright, but if not I've got backup as long as it's good enough?

Hello,

That laptop would probably struggle to play The Sims 4, even at low settings.

Cody

• MissManduhMissManduh Posts: 70 New Member
    Why is the GTX 680 not reccomended? Just curious... That's the graphics card I have.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    MissManduh wrote: »
    Why is the GTX 680 not reccomended? Just curious... That's the graphics card I have.
    It means although it's a great card..it would be overkill for just playing the sims 4.. but if you are playing more intensive games then it's good :) I have the GTX 670 oc.
    Just not recommended for people only wanting to play the sims.. because it would be wasting money.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    How about this card

PNY - XLR8 GeForce GTX 650 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card and adding it to the below system in place of Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3

AMD A10-7850K 3.7 GHz processor
    Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-D/VGA with Boost PCI-Express graphics card over clocking, with dual graphics/crossfire
    1920 x 1080 graphics
    16GB Memory/ram
    750W power supply
    A88X-PRO motherboard
    CHALLENGER-U3 (black) case
    Windows 8 operating system. (With windows 7 backup)
    LG - 21.5" IPS LED HD Monitor
    Jw62901 wrote: »
    How about this card<br />
    <br />
    PNY - XLR8 GeForce GTX 650 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card and adding it to the below system in place of Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3<br />
    <br />
    AMD A10-7850K 3.7 GHz processor<br />
    Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-D/VGA with Boost PCI-Express graphics card over clocking, with dual graphics/crossfire<br />
    1920 x 1080 graphics<br />
    16GB Memory/ram<br />
    750W power supply<br />
    A88X-PRO motherboard<br />
    CHALLENGER-U3 (black) case<br />
    Windows 8 operating system. (With windows 7 backup)<br />
    LG - 21.5" IPS LED HD Monitor

Hello,

Is this one you're building yourself or one that's been prebuilt? If its being built, there's a few changes I would make.

However, the GTX 650 would be compatible, but I would suggest getting something like the GTX 750 Ti or GTX 650 TI Boost Edition if your budget stretches that far. These should last longer, and probably will remain at Ultra settings with all EPs and future patches.

Cody

• kimalimalimkimalimalim Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Just to let people know, Intel HD Graphics 2000 plays fine. I have a 1.8GHz processor and 4GB RAM and I'm having no problems running the game. My Mum's laptop only has a 1.1GHz processor but 6GB RAM and the same graphics card, and she's also having no problems playing it. We've both been on it for around 5 hours non-stop and it's been fine.
    (We are both playing on lowest graphics and with Laptop Mode on, we haven't tried setting the graphics any higher yet)
    Just to let people know, Intel HD Graphics 2000 plays fine. I have a 1.8GHz processor and 4GB RAM and I'm having no problems running the game. My Mum's laptop only has a 1.1GHz processor but 6GB RAM and the same graphics card, and she's also having no problems playing it. We've both been on it for around 5 hours non-stop and it's been fine.<br />
    (We are both playing on lowest graphics and with Laptop Mode on, we haven't tried setting the graphics any higher yet)

Hello,

At the moment the Intel HD graphics series is causing too many problems with the Deformed Baby bug for too many simmers, so is currently not being kept on our list until a fix is available.

Cody

• faerieladyfaerielady Posts: 172 Member
    I have a GeForce GTX765 M graphics card on my alienware, but for some reason, the game uses the integrated Intel 4600. My other games (Including Sims3) will flip to the correct card, why doesnt Sims 4? I've even tried going into the Nvidia control panel and selecting it as the GPU to be used. I cant help but think that if I can make it use the Nvidia card maybe my demon babies will be fixed. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • L0wbl00dL0wbl00d Posts: 1 New Member
    Could someone recommend a low profile card that would run the game on med-high settings? I have an Intel card now, but it won't run the game. I need something low profile if possible. I spent a lot of money on the game and I really don't want to have to return it. If someone could tell me what kind of low profile card I could get that runs on higher settings that would be fantastic!~
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2014
    L0wbl00d wrote: »
    Could someone recommend a low profile card that would run the game on med-high settings? I have an Intel card now, but it won't run the game. I need something low profile if possible. I spent a lot of money on the game and I really don't want to have to return it. If someone could tell me what kind of low profile card I could get that runs on higher settings that would be fantastic!~

I know amd cards off the top of my head and their low profiles I would suggest are too weak for gaming, do you need low profile because of space? If so then moving you parts to a new case is very easy, easy enough for a first timer
    If it's not space but watts usage then nvidia 750 /750 ti maybe a good fit but please confirm your motherboard has the nesscary slot and be mindful of bottlenecking and age of psu and system
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    My card is the amd radeon 7450 hd, listed in orange, and just wanted to report in that the game runs fine on medium settings, plus some high. I tried higher settings but couldnt really tell much difference. Everything actually looks quite good. The only thing that looks a bit under par is the food. Salad looks a bit like lettuce soup lol.
  • TSJassonTSJasson Posts: 120 Member
    Aw, my card is overpowered, it's a GTX 770 :(
    giphy.gif