Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premium Membership coming in October? (Proof)

Comments

• Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    Well since I plan to get the discs for future EPs/SPs I just don't see this as a need. But even if I was going digital I just don't see early access or a discount as a big draw for me. Not at 66 dollars and we still aren't sure where this game is headed. Maybe after an EP or two I would change my mind because by then we'd have an idea if this game is going to sink or swim. But I do see how Youtubers, streamers, and bloggers would really benefit, especially if they get paid for what they do, early access to items would pull in players like me.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Definitely not interested. I would have to buy a ton of store content to make up for the cost, if it's a rebate. And I won't do that.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    Huh. I guess it depends on what we get. A few store sets can easily add up to $60, but somehow knowing EA, I don't know if premium membership will really be worth it :/
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hmm...I wonder if is this only store items or eps too?
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Like others have said it depends on what it has to offer.
  • Options
    LukasFreemanLukasFreeman Posts: 185 Member
    More stupider than renting Photoshop
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    If the subscription means pretty much everything for the year, depending on the volume they plan and announce, I'll buy into it for the convenience of only needing to make one payment or transaction instead of a whole lot of micro-ones.

I will have to see the offerings first before making a decision, though.

Pretty much spot on there. Needs to have a serious incentive behind it!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    I will subscribe and spend all my money.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    VoliasVolias Posts: 60 Member
    all depends on what I get for the money. I didn't need 90% of the content they tried to sell me in TS3, so it would take an attractive incentive package to get me do that.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    From all that I have been reading in the Tech section and here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs ... there is a helluva lot of work to be done on this game before I consider handing over even the discounted membership premium.
  • Options
    modernlifemodernlife Posts: 111 Member
    I wouldn't sub if you only get rented access to content, i.e. you lose access if you don't continue subscribing the following year.
  • Options
    modernlife wrote: »
    I wouldn't sub if you only get rented access to content, i.e. you lose access if you don't continue subscribing the following year.

I don't know of any modern game that does it that way and that would likely be the most asinine move EA could ever make for a premium membership.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    sims 4 isn't a mmo, after all
  • Options
    You're a lot less cynical than I am then about companies trying to find new revenue streams ;)

I could quite easily see it being something like:

1. You buy the store content individually for full price.
    2. You get access to all store content (for a substantial discount to buying it full price) using a subscription based service, but you lose access once the subscription is terminated.

But it's all speculation and we'll find out when it's announced :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Haha - I'm a naturally optimistic person even when I should be WELL prepared for the inevitable destruction of that viewpoint.

As much as EA has done some braindead moves before, gating your content to lapse when you stop paying the sub fee after you've technically purchased it would be pretty freaking harsh and set off some pretty severe e-riots.

That works for MMOs. You do that for a SP game? *South Park Ski Slope instructor voice* "You're gonna have a bad time..."
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Only after you've bought The Sims 4: Riot & Lootin' expansion :p
  • Options
    Man. Freaking EA gating my ability to e-riot?

*downloads mod for pitchfork and torches to spite them*
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    This also means that an expansion will be released not too long after.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    Depends on what a subscription will offer. If subscribing to their premium service means free DLC and Store objects and at least significantly discounted EPs and SPs, then I'm in. If it's just Store content, I probably won't bother.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Probably not for me. I'm fine with paying subscriptions for things like MMO's, but for extra content in a single player game? Eh.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    Hahahahaha, Ahem.
    Nope, not gonna get this at all. Nice try EA.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I feel like I won't be subscribing because I'm broke. The last of my money is being saved for Pokémon ORAS.<br />
    <br />
    And EA is really trying squeeze every cent out of their players.
    LOL but did you notice someone disagreed with you when you said you would be broke?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ShadoShyrkeShadoShyrke Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2014
    For those that don't know, don't catch on:
    Simsvip is not EA. This article includes a reference to a French company that is going to create this. To me, it reads like a version of modthesims or a similar site that comes with a high membership fee.
    SimsVillage has discovered a listing for “The Sims 4 Premium Service” on French retailer Instant Gaming

The writer of this mini-quandary (since it was not a detailed report/blog) is making a big jump that it is EA doing something totally different from previous years. There are already a number of "stuff sites" for Sims 2/3 that require a monthly fee to download their created mods and content. Some as high as $25 a month. This just sounds like another one of those.

EA would kill their business if they did a "month subscription" on a content site for their own game.

Translated front page of said game site:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&amp;a=http://www.instant-gaming.com/fr/533-acheter-cle-origin-les-sims-4-premium-service/?currency=USD
  • Options
    4utumn4utumn Posts: 280 Member
    I'll wait and see. I'm one of those simmers that usually buys all the EP's & SP's, not so much store content. If it seems a good deal then I do not mind paying it.
  • Options
    ShadoShyrkeShadoShyrke Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2014
    I feel like I won't be subscribing because I'm broke. The last of my money is being saved for Pokémon ORAS.<br />
    <br />
    And EA is really trying squeeze every cent out of their players.
    LOL but did you notice someone disagreed with you when you said you would be broke?

I think it is just someone trying for a "Disagreeable Sort" achievement or something with the way that "disagree" is used in the last few days, with no comment to clarify what was disagreed with.