Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lounge Venue has yellow caution symbol and no sims show up? - SOLVED

LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
So, I had my sim visit the lounge venue in Oasis Springs, I can't recall the name off the top of my head. That first visit went fine, there were plenty of sims there, a mixologist, etc. I left and went back home. The next day I decided to go back, and in map view instead of it's normal symbol it has a yellow caution sign with an exclamation point on it. I can go to the venue just fine, but it's now completely empty. No other sims will show up, not even the mixologist. Several days have gone by in-game and nothing has changed, anyone know what's wrong? I didn't edit anything in build/buy mode so there shouldn't be objects missing or anything. I'm baffled.
Post edited by Lynnwood on

Comments

• Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited September 2014
    possible owns are rebuilding?? lol i have no idea... that sounds so strange

can you highlight over the caution sign?
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    I can mouse over it, but nothing appears (as in an explanation or anything). It's very bizarre . . .
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    hmm...mysterious...
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    Indeed. And now my comedian sim isn't earning anything from performing his routines. Tried in 2 different venues (including the cursed lounge after inviting over some friends). He goes through the motions but doesn't earn money, which means I won't be able to advance in his aspiration . . . .
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    No idea. You might try this. Start a new game so that you get a "clean" venue. Go into build mode and see if you can save the venue to your library....this should be possible. Go back to the game with your comedian in it. Bulldoze the lot then plop the "clean" venue down on the lot and see if that works. Just a thought...not sure if it will work but if the problem is with the venue then bulldozing it and plopping down a new one should fix it you would think? I know that doing that in Sims 3 would often fix the problems with bartenders etc.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    are you going too early in the day? maybe it doesnt open till later in the evening
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    So, I had my sim visit the lounge venue in Oasis Springs, I can't recall the name off the top of my head. That first visit went fine, there were plenty of sims there, a mixologist, etc. I left and went back home. The next day I decided to go back, and in map view instead of it's normal symbol it has a yellow caution sign with an exclamation point on it. I can go to the venue just fine, but it's now completely empty. No other sims will show up, not even the mixologist. Several days have gone by in-game and nothing has changed, anyone know what's wrong? I didn't edit anything in build/buy mode so there shouldn't be objects missing or anything. I'm baffled.

Hey there - if you see the yellow caution sign over a venue, it means that the lot is missing some of the objects that it needs to function. When it's in this state, other Sims won't visit or use the venue for its intended purpose.

No worries though, there's an easy way to fix this. From Live Mode, press ESC and select Manage Worlds. This will take you to the map where you can click on the Lounge with the yellow caution sign. From there, click the Build button on the lot. Once it loads into Build Mode, it should automatically display a list of the missing objects in the top left of the screen... simply look for the object in that list that it says it's missing, and place it down on the lot. Once every object in the list has a green check mark on it, the lot will function once again. Just exit Build Mode and you'll be good to go.

If you're having trouble finding the list of objects at any time, it's always located within the Lot Info Panel, which is one of the buttons along the bar at the top of the screen while you're in Build Mode.
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    The yellow triangle means something on your venue is incomplete. If you exit to your map (Manage Worlds) and enter the venue in Build Mode there is UI in the upper left that will tell you which objects you are missing to complete it.
    edited September 2014
    Tyvm for the response SimguruSemedi! I thought it might be something like that, I'm just confused as to how it got that way because I didn't edit it at all lol. But oh well, I'll be able to fix it, that's the important part.

And thank you as well, SimGuruLyndsay. :D
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    There's another thread where this is happening. Thought I'd put you in touch. More data, more chance of solving.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777655/orange-exclamation-sign-over-the-museum-map-view-willow-creek
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    The yellow triangle means something on your venue is incomplete. If you exit to your map (Manage Worlds) and enter the venue in Build Mode there is UI in the upper left that will tell you which objects you are missing to complete it.

TY! I wonder why the building suddenly became incomplete? I had not entered build mode in this building before. Maybe the patch?

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @MsPhy Thank you I just noticed this myself and bookmarked that thread for future.
    Laugh out loud. Often
    Turns out the musical instrument went missing. I'm wondering if there was a guitar or violin and an NPC made off with it like a bandit? LOL, at any rate I put a grand piano down in there so no more chance of it mysteriously disappearing.
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Erm sorry to nitpick but I'm kind of curious now and I didn't see it covered, its good to know people can fix this easily but I have to ask, why would it have objects disappear and become unusable between visits?
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    joop123 wrote: »

Just saw your signature - I think joop smells delicious.
    rifJadC.png
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »

Hey there - if you see the yellow caution sign over a venue, it means that the lot is missing some of the objects that it needs to function. When it's in this state, other Sims won't visit or use the venue for its intended purpose.

No worries though, there's an easy way to fix this. From Live Mode, press ESC and select Manage Worlds. This will take you to the map where you can click on the Lounge with the yellow caution sign. From there, click the Build button on the lot. Once it loads into Build Mode, it should automatically display a list of the missing objects in the top left of the screen... simply look for the object in that list that it says it's missing, and place it down on the lot. Once every object in the list has a green check mark on it, the lot will function once again. Just exit Build Mode and you'll be good to go.

If you're having trouble finding the list of objects at any time, it's always located within the Lot Info Panel, which is one of the buttons along the bar at the top of the screen while you're in Build Mode.

Thats great info! Thank you.
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    Erm sorry to nitpick but I'm kind of curious now and I didn't see it covered, its good to know people can fix this easily but I have to ask, why would it have objects disappear and become unusable between visits?

I'm guessing it's what @Lynnwood said: The missing item in question was "musical instrument". It's possible that the instrument on the lot was a violin or something else portable. A townie may have pocketed it (you know how Sims are about putting things back where they go). Suddenly, no instrument. No instrument means no venue.

A hilarious design flaw, for sure. And one I hope gets fixed in an upcoming patch. But at least there's a reason.
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Thanks for the reply Maclimes, sorry for the delay in response, notification spam was killing me so I've reverted to looking at my old posts to check for updates.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    If it is a missing instrument, could you not drop a guitar in an area and then wall it off so it can't be looted. The required item would still be on the lot but it would also be safe. Any active sim would likely be carrying a violin or guitar in their inventory to use so a walled off instrument would not be a problem.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It's funny. I had a guitar disappear from the Solar Flare Lounge (or whatever it's called), but didn't get the warning thing. I figured a townie walked off with it. Maybe s/he just set it down somewhere different and I couldn't see it. My Sim carries his own guitar now ;-)
  • MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2014
    Answered
  • ArkoseArkose Posts: 4 New Member
    I followed the instructions that SimGuruLyndsay and SimGuruSemedi said, mange world ect. But I can't enter build mode! I get this error code instead. Error code 122:17323105654587864710:8762725905795483730. I restarted my game like it recommended but same thing. I tried to go to build mode on an unaffected lot and the error code still popped up. PLEASE HELP!
  • ThangwenThangwen Posts: 39 Member
    > @Arkose said:
    > I followed the instructions that SimGuruLyndsay and SimGuruSemedi said, mange world ect. But I can't enter build mode! I get this error code instead. Error code 122:17323105654587864710:8762725905795483730. I restarted my game like it recommended but same thing. I tried to go to build mode on an unaffected lot and the error code still popped up. PLEASE HELP!

I am getting that same error in manage world when I hit any lot to build on too. I can play the households, and build on them if I am already in the actual game. Wondering if there is a cache issue for it, because this was a sudden change for me. Worked fine before today.
  • LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    This just happened to me lol
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.