Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any ideas on how to take good pictures now?

I wanted to write a story about my sim, but taking pictures are much harder in sims 4 i feel, I have to do much more preparation compared to sims 3, and still I feel like I don't get the angle right half the time. How have you done it? Any inside tips?

Comments

• Options
    dlmetzlerdlmetzler Posts: 14 New Member
    You can switch to the Sims 3 camera style under options :)
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    Lindie_DBLindie_DB Posts: 38 Member
    I didn't notice anything different about the camera compared to previous games, to be honest. I take my pictures in tab mode using the Q,Z,E functions to get in where I want to go.
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    The only thing I don't like is that you can't be in TAB and hit play anymore. I used to tab, hit play, pause again and take more pictures. Now I have to pause, tab, take the picture, un-tab, play, realign the shot, tab again and take another picture, lol. It's kind of a pain. Or maybe I'm just missing something?
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Using the 0 key in tab mode pauses and unpauses your game.

Edit: pressing 1 is also play, but it wont pause if pressed again. Pressing 2... I think I remember that speeding the game up.
  • Options
    @Lindie_DB you are magical. Thank you! It was horrible having to realign the next shot everytime, this is a lifesaver.
  • Options
    15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    I'm finding it hard to get nice pictures because of the darn plumbobs always being in the way. Now that I have multiple sims I can switch between them to get it off the ones I'm trying to take pictures of, but it is still annoying.
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed how dark the houses are? Even with lights? Before I post photos, I've had to edit them a lot more than I had to with Sims 3, just wondering if it's just me and I need to add more lights or something, or if it's a common problem....
  • Options
    Glad I could help!

Urgh, yes, the houses are so dark inside. I've tried putting in floor lamps, but it's still not great. I am eagerly looking forward to someone creating a lighting mod to fix this so I don't have to up brightness and contrast on pictures.

The cheat code: headlineeffects on [or off] turns the plumbob (and chat bubbles) off. Personally I just zoom in so close those tend to cut off anyway. I play from far away, but when it comes to pictures I get right into the sim's adorable little face.
  • Options
    altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    You can always switch the focus to a sim not in the picture to remove the plumbob from your Sims head. That's the only way to get rid of it, for now.

You don't have to use hideheadlines actually. When you are in Tab mode the thought bubbles go away (magical! love that!).

Switching to Sims3 camera helps, loads. But there is no tilt option :( (tell your local SimGuru if you want that one back ;))

And ya the dark... the only thing I do for now is loads of lights on the ceiling. Not perfect but it helps.

09-05-14_12-05nbspPM_zps51f82535.png
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • Options
    ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2014
    altheaquin wrote: »
    Switching to Sims3 camera helps, loads. But there is no tilt option :( (tell your local SimGuru if you want that one back ;))

Tilt as in move the camera up and down? Or right and left. (I'm guessing you know those are , and . in Sims 3 Camera; it's what made me switch.)

I'm in Sims 3 Camera and I got that to work, if that's what you're looking for.

To do so, press in on your mouse wheel. I had my screen go so that I had a head-down view on my sim / lot / etc. and after a few minutes I figured that out. If you don't have something you can press on your mouse wheel, I'm afraid I don't know what the alternate method is. Also, if you are like me and hate up being down / left being right, those can be corrected, too.
  • Options
    altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    Neither actually. 'Wonky' is the best way to describe it, on an angle. So you can get pictures like this
    5e2805_703d4ddb63fe4f3ab41c30544f3e50ef.jpg_srz_p_630_443_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png