Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptop mode has a huge effect

I tested out laptop mode just to see how much of a difference it would make graphically. Yeesh. I hope I won't need to play it on laptop mode anytime soon even though I'm using a laptop. The lighting is hit hard.

Top picture is with laptop mode on. Bottom is with it off.

tumblr_nber03XUBS1rzq92mo1_1280.png
tumblr_nber03XUBS1rzq92mo2_1280.png
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm going to have to do some tests tomorrow. I've been playing without using laptop mode on a laptop and I had my first baby tonight. It was a demon baby. :'( Tonight was a test to see if I would.

But I've not found a real problem with the lighting or anything else. Everything runs very well with no lags, blips, or glitches. And I'm running a saved game with about 7 or 8 households to rotate through.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I have the demon baby issue too, so I turned on laptop mode. It didn't fix my issue, so I turned it right back off because it looks sooo much better with it off.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

I'm sure they will fix the baby issue and it's not near as severe as the TS3 baby issue with Cc. With that, you couldn't even find the baby unless you expanded out to map view and clicked on a bar. lol

At least this way you can still click on the bassinet. I'll give it a day or so, get the levels up for relationship, and then age up. At least this baby cries normal!

But yes, this needs addressing.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    i hope my one year old laptop can pull it off :|
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Laptop mode is horrible, sims look shadowy indoors, no matter how many lights he/she has over.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    I think I am going to wait for the patch I can play with medium settings on my laptop does not seem worth the switch just to have babies I age up right away most of the time anyway.
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    I haven't tested laptop mode yet, but what I gathered from all the comments about it, it is only worth using if you can't play the game with normal graphics. I also use laptop but luckily I can play with Ultra mode without much lag. The graphics are still quite blurry though. But that's what you get with laptop GPU. Not much to do here (I have AMD Radeon HD 8750M, 4GB video RAM).
    SimGuruHydra already said they found the cause of the baby glitch and are working to fix it and get the patch sent out to us as soon as possible.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• PeschkeGirlPeschkeGirl Posts: 88 Member
    Demon baby glitch? I haven't tried getting my sims pregnant yet.. What is this glitch?
    xyIcMqt.png
    > @Mashimar0 said:
    > i hope my one year old laptop can pull it off
    My laptop is almost 5 years old and I can play TS4 =)
    xyIcMqt.png
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    SimGuruHydra already said they found the cause of the baby glitch and are working to fix it and get the patch sent out to us as soon as possible.

That's good news!
    > @Mashimar0 said:<br />
    > i hope my one year old laptop can pull it off<br />
    My laptop is almost 5 years old and I can play TS4 =)

on ultra mode?
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    Demon baby glitch? I haven't tried getting my sims pregnant yet.. What is this glitch?

When you pick them up to interact, they are elongated with tentacle eyes. But not near as severe as ts3 cc. And they disappear when you put them back in the bassinet. But you can still click on the bassinet for interactions.

• AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Marshimar0 My laptop is 1,5 years old and I'm playing on Ultra mode.
    Post edited by Animaag on
    edited September 2014
    > @Mashimar0 said:
    > PeschkeGirl wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > on ultra mode?
    No I don't play on ultra mode, I have most of my graphical settings on medium, but that's because I don't even have a proper video card. I just have a lame Intel Chipset.

Still though, what is the demon baby glitch?

Edit: Thanks @fullspiral I just needed to refresh my page to see your comment :3
    xyIcMqt.png
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited September 2014
    Laptop mode is horrible, sims look shadowy indoors, no matter how many lights he/she has over.

Is that why all of my Sims look like that? I thought the game just had bad lighting. Every lot I go to seems too dark.
    Animaag wrote: »
    @Marshimar0 My laptop is 1,5 years old and I'm playing in Ultra mode.

hmmm... maybe mine can run ultra mode then... *fingers crossed*
    No I don't play on ultra mode, I have most of my graphical settings on medium, but that's because I don't even have a proper video card. I just have a lame Intel Chipset.<br />
    <br />
    Still though, what is the demon baby glitch?

i think people with intel chipset are the ones who come across demon baby glitch. you can just search 'demon baby' on forum then you can see plenty pictures.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    jirlucfan wrote: »

Is that why all of my Sims look like that? I thought the game just had bad lighting. Every lot I go to seems too dark.

Yeah, I had that problem when I acidentally turned on laptop mode. As soon as I turned it off, the sim looked better indoors.

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    My laptop is 3 years old. I started noticing a bit of lag recently. Which is weird because when I first installed the game it was fine but now I get lag a little bit every now and then. That's why I'm saving up for Alienware 17. Found out I can get it for $100 cheaper.
    1FKDfKj.png
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    My laptop is 3 years old. I started noticing a bit of lag recently. Which is weird because when I first installed the game it was fine but now I get lag a little bit every now and then. That's why I'm saving up for Alienware 17. Found out I can get it for $100 cheaper.

isn't msi or asus rog better?
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member

Yeah, I had that problem when I acidentally turned on laptop mode. As soon as I turned it off, the sim looked better indoors.

Odd. Will my game still run okay if I turn it off? I am playing on a laptop so I thought turning it on might help with performance.

• femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    This demon baby glitch has been interesting to see...I've been wondering if I would get it, but my family had 5 children and all of the babies looked normal. The pictures of them have been hilarious...it's really weird, though.
    maya_angelou.jpg

Odd. Will my game still run okay if I turn it off? I am playing on a laptop so I thought turning it on might help with performance.

Turn it off and test it a bit, and if it run slower, I suggest to lower your settings before activating it again.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't know about you guys who say that your sims look darker indoors when on laptop mode. Mine looks fine, but maybe it's because I am playing it on a laptop? So the graphics would match up quite nicely with the system.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited September 2014
    DeKay wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys who say that your sims look darker indoors when on laptop mode. Mine looks fine, but maybe it's because I am playing it on a laptop? So the graphics would match up quite nicely with the system.

It's a graphics card issue. Some people's sims can be in a really bright room but still be almost completely black. Like this.

2873vix.png
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif