Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I purchased it, I returned it...

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    I've been watching LifeSimmer's LP of TS4 and I just can't get into the game. I've barely made it through part 3. The game is so boring and lacking so much that it's hard for me to keep my attention focused on what's going on. I noticed so many things in the game that irked me and I was really hoping I'd enjoy at least watching the game.

As much as I love Sims games I think it's absolutely boring to watch someone else play it.
    Its not much different than staring out a window ;)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Oh my!! :heart_eyes: it's a guru!! Thank you for your great replies.

I hope you guys are listening to the family players. It feels like you forgot about us.

We haven't. There's a lot of teen content and some great stuff for couples. We just didn't get everything you wanted.

Are there ongoing plans to get more family things in? The way it is now makes me sad, and I don't have the urge to play it. First time in 14 years I haven't wanted a Sims game. I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope you guys know how important family play is to alot of us. baby-girl-28.gif

Yes.

One area you guys did get right are the children, I love the children in this game. I was going to return my game until I fell in love with one of the kids in my game. They are cute and their interactions are great.

I agree that the children are adorable. Babies are horrible though in my opinion and it breaks my heart not to see toddlers. I have a baby and there is just so much more to her than a bassinet lol.

I agree with this. From what I've seen the children are absolutely precious! But I just can't get past the fact that there aren't any toddlers and as a simmer who plays legacy challenges, that was a hard hit for me.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    ShySimmer88ShySimmer88 Posts: 327 Member
    I'm watching sodapoppin on twitch right now. He's dreadful and foul mouthed...
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I hope you guys are listening to the family players. It feels like you forgot about us.

We haven't. There's a lot of teen content and some great stuff for couples. We just didn't get everything you wanted.

Are there ongoing plans to get more family things in? The way it is now makes me sad, and I don't have the urge to play it. First time in 14 years I haven't wanted a Sims game. I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope you guys know how important family play is to alot of us. baby-girl-28.gif

Yes.

Thank you for answering. I guess I will just have to sit and wait for that time to come. At least I have Sims 2 to tide me over. 10 Years and still as fun as the day it came out. thinking-about-you-007.gif At least I won't be Simless. That could cause major withdrawls. surprised-041.gif
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    @SimGuruGrant I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking time out of your life to answer our questions. I can't tell you how happy that makes me (and a lot of other simmers I'm sure) to know you guys really do listen to us and care.

Can you answer this question? I'm just curious as to why little things like npc service sims were removed (besides the maid and pizza delivery). It may seem insignificant but a lot of us are missing those things, and the npc service sims have always been there, it's sad that they are gone. I don't want my sim to have to fix everything herself! :#

What if they incorporated repairmen, gardeners you can hire, police, burglars, firefighters, etc. in with an Open for Business-like pack? (Sorry, OFB has just been on my mind today.)

I never avidly played TS1 nor did I ever own any expansions for it besides Hot Date so I can't really give an opinion. Buuuut, I wouldn't mind it as I already plan on purchasing all the expansions so as long as they bring them back, I don't care how they do it haha.

I'm confused to how my post was referencing TS1? The NPC's have been in all base games, and Open for Business was a Sims 2 expansion pack.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Link please... foul mouthed LPs are always good humor :)

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I've been watching LifeSimmer's LP of TS4 and I just can't get into the game. I've barely made it through part 3. The game is so boring and lacking so much that it's hard for me to keep my attention focused on what's going on. I noticed so many things in the game that irked me and I was really hoping I'd enjoy at least watching the game.

As much as I love Sims games I think it's absolutely boring to watch someone else play it.

Personally I'm the type of person who likes to watch a bit of game play before shelling out on a game. I actually bought The Sims 3 because I saw a simmer playing it and loved it.

Agree and sims 3 is so fun to watch :-). I do recommend a guy called Llandros09 videos on YouTube, they are great and the only Sims 4 videos I can watch( I own the game and still watch it cause I'm weird lol). He also does amazing Sims 3 videos, lots of them. He is entertaining and really sweet.

Oh I might just have to check him out! I've been watching a girl named Deligracy, she's amazing at building and decorating. I'm not much of a builder but she certainly gives me great ideas :)
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

Yes.

One area you guys did get right are the children, I love the children in this game. I was going to return my game until I fell in love with one of the kids in my game. They are cute and their interactions are great.

I agree that the children are adorable. Babies are horrible though in my opinion and it breaks my heart not to see toddlers. I have a baby and there is just so much more to her than a bassinet lol.

When I first saw the TS4 babies, I thought "awesomeness!!! They brought back the TS2 babies except their clothed! thank goodness!" but the bassinet attachment I never expected...

@SimGuruGrant: idk if i'm allowed to ask, but will/or is their ever possibility to improve the baby...I get it's attached to the crib but...a girl can hope can't she? lol
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member

Personally I'm the type of person who likes to watch a bit of game play before shelling out on a game. I actually bought The Sims 3 because I saw a simmer playing it and loved it.

Agree and sims 3 is so fun to watch :-). I do recommend a guy called Llandros09 videos on YouTube, they are great and the only Sims 4 videos I can watch( I own the game and still watch it cause I'm weird lol). He also does amazing Sims 3 videos, lots of them. He is entertaining and really sweet.

I actually love Llandro's videos, his are about the only Sims 3 Let's plays I can watch, although I usually get bored after watching 3 or 4 and wait a week or so before watching more.

Didn't know he had progressed into Sims 4 already. That's awesome.
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Yes.

When I first saw the TS4 babies, I thought "awesomeness!!! They brought back the TS2 babies except their clothed! thank goodness!" but the bassinet attachment I never expected...

@SimGuruGrant: idk if i'm allowed to ask, but will/or is their ever possibility to improve the baby...I get it's attached to the crib but...a girl can hope can't she? lol
    The babies are just objects, I would think technically they could replace them with a full life state, right? :)
  • Options
    ShySimmer88ShySimmer88 Posts: 327 Member
    bflury wrote: »
    Link please... foul mouthed LPs are always good humor :)

Forgive me, I'm on a cell phone on the forums and watching twitch on my tv, but this should work:

• Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I do agree with Grant. The Sims 3 had open world which had to load everything and the game is very slow to load especially Create a Household when creating Sims as it lagged when I was browsing clothes and pre-made Sims. When loading and saving games, the load time is very long even on an SSD. However, The Sims 3 plays fine on my computer. When I played Medieval, loading and saving was faster than in The Sims 3.

I do like The Sims 4 despite lack of some content. The game plays well and the loading times are shorter than in The Sims 3. The removal of the open world could be a negative like The Sims 3 console (i.e., you can't have a Sim write at home while you're visiting the park). Like The Sims 3, it doesn't recognize my R7 260X but both still play ok.

Also note I have a 2009 computer so it won't perform better than current PCs out on the market.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    I just want toddlers, weather and open restaurants. :heart_eyes:

I want CaW, CaSt, Color Wheel, World edit, open worlds, terrain tools...I was looking for something that is an improvement over the awesome The Sims 3.
    I have all the base and expansions from The Sims through The Sims 3 plus some stuff packs and a large amount of store items/worlds. I create my own worlds, my own lots, my own homes, my own sims and have played them for years. There is so much 'Me' is The Sims 3. I cannot find myself in The Sims 4. The creativity is too limited. Nothing interesting to explore and not enough tools to create something. The graphics are sad, the emotions are over-the-top, the whole feel to it resembles PS2 or iPad. I was so very sad to hear that my favorite tools have been left in the dust. I feel apathetic about The Sims 4. The features I wanted will never be there. I do wonder if maybe we could start talking about The Sims 5 and how it will be marketed for The Lovers of The Sims 3.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited September 2014
    averee90 wrote: »
    EA actually is listening...I think I might faint..

We're always watching. We're just not always able to comment. You guys are our heart and soul. Without you, we can't pay the bills. We listen.

Then you'll make Sims 5 better?
    Actually, chances are they are already planning it or will within the year. Game development takes 4-5 years.

Which brings me to my next point... @SimGuruGrant I know it won't happen in Sims 4. But for the love of god could you please put Open World and CAST as the top 2 items on your priority for this game. Followed closely by dynamic height for the Sims :)

I don't use a TI-83 calculator to play Sims, so bumping up the min. requirements if necessary is ok in my book :)

We adjust our min specs based on what our players use. We have a massive collection of data based on what our players use. We think about this for YEARS.

It's a little sad everyone's already talking about Sims 5. Ah well.

It is sad, but that is where peoples heads are at with sims 4, some people. Its the reality of what is happening. I have been seeing "when will expansions be out" "do you think they are working on Sims 5?" a lot on the forums and you're right it is sad. As a fan of this series for 14 YEARS I can tell you that I wanted to LOVE this, thats why I pre-ordered it. Although I don't HATE it or anything, it def isn't my favorite game in this iteration. Hopefully, you guys grow from this and make it better next time, thats all we ask.

I think it's mighty interesting how different the experiences are. For me, TS4 is much more than I hoped it would be. It being a basegame is recepy for disappointment. I was disgusted back then by the TS3 basegame. The later desintegration of the game's stability and the need for Nraas for at least making a $1000+ investment playable infuriated me to no end.

While, I refused to be negative about TS4, it was however the make or break for Maxis with me, as I was not of a mind to once again sit there paying top-dollar for broken merchandise. (If have also many times stated that if it wasn't for TS3 being a broken heap of cow-dung, I would never even have considered buying into TS4 at groundfloor.)

I appreciate the higher difficulty, but also that you can choose to be casual or go hard-core while developing your Sims. I love new models and I adore the way they are animated. I love how I can send my Sim to the Snake Juice Bar and just let free will take over, watch her go and mingle, dance, order drinks (and even a bowl of chips when she gets hungry) and none of it requires my input. I love how little groups form and how my Sim saunters between the groups, joking, reacting and putting herself out there. I love how selecting the right Aspiration makes my life easier and I totally dig how you no longer can set a LTW and pick a career and see it all come together due to time spend. You have to work for it now.

The splendor of the graphics when you set graphical options to Ultra and select to use uncompressed textures. The fact that there's no lag, no hick-ups, no CTDs... The user-friendliness of build-mode...

Ts4 just clicks for me, and I feared that I would just hate it into the ground. I wish I could show you how I feel, instead of writing it down.
    But yeah, that's why people are made up out of individuals. We can't all like the same things, but it is a shame that this is happening in a fun hobby that used to bind us all together.

• Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    Hope that helps understand our reasons. Again, hope to see you back. Thanks for your opinion and for supporting us.

Pfft, yeah not happening.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Oh yeah, sorry if it's been asked already Grant, but Zolt95 brought up a good point in the forums earlier; any chance of making it so Sims can dance together? Like, I know they can dance in a group but for example two Sims on a date could face one another when dancing so it looks like they are dancing with one another instead of just facing the stereo.

I was kind of disappointed to learn Sims don't actually dance together myself. I thought that would be a cute feature.

I've taken a note.

@SimGuruGrant - I reckon the white line for selected sims and objects can be hacked out of the game. Is there a way to toggle off the emotions text? Or is that considered to be such a core part of the game play that EA won't be able to implement such a thing in the future and even modding it to oblivion is out of the question?

What emotions text? Where specifically?

ts4-emotions.jpg <-- bottom left screen.

Is there a possibility of toggling the text via a mod or an EA update? Or is the text fundamental to game play and it would break the code?
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sorry the game wasn't for you and hopefully you'll come back. We made the decision to do the worlds and loading like we did for two key reasons:

1. The game performs much better with distinct lots and we're able to put much better art and game code for each lot. We can do more with them. In the open world, everything has to run all the time and both visuals and game content suffer.

2. In The Sims 3, we didn't like how players had to uproot their families when we made new worlds. That felt unfair. Now, you can travel and move to other worlds quickly without having to fundamentally change your household. In the same way I live in San Francisco and work in Redwood City, Sims can do the same.

Hope that helps understand our reasons. Again, hope to see you back. Thanks for your opinion and for supporting us.

So where were you when people were posting 🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸. in the forums? :)

It's a legit question.
    A better question might be why the heck they got away with it for like hours... :) I would think a rule should be once your score hits -100 your at least temporarily banned for a review by a moderator or something, right? :)

P.S. My childhood memories are now ruined because of The Sims 4 forum ;)

Exactly. It was quite... disgusting, and I'm an adult. It's horrid that kids had to see that for so long.

• Options
    Sorry the game wasn't for you and hopefully you'll come back. We made the decision to do the worlds and loading like we did for two key reasons:

1. The game performs much better with distinct lots and we're able to put much better art and game code for each lot. We can do more with them. In the open world, everything has to run all the time and both visuals and game content suffer.

2. In The Sims 3, we didn't like how players had to uproot their families when we made new worlds. That felt unfair. Now, you can travel and move to other worlds quickly without having to fundamentally change your household. In the same way I live in San Francisco and work in Redwood City, Sims can do the same.

It's a legit question.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. I'm not on the web team so there's a lot of stuff that goes on here I miss. I spend my days on the game.

And yet you're here now, trying to sell the game...

• Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

It's a legit question.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. I'm not on the web team so there's a lot of stuff that goes on here I miss. I spend my days on the game.

I'm pretty sure the game is out worldwide now. If ever there was a time to take a brief respite from development and talk to the community about what they want, it would probably be now.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Wow. A Guru is on the forum!
    Actually two, JoeWow just joined :)

teehee. :p

• Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member

It's a legit question.

The gurus are finally answering our questions... please don't scare them away :cold_sweat:

After reading some of the posts in this thread directed towards Grant I am no longer surprised why they don't post more often.
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member

It's a legit question.

The gurus are finally answering our questions... please don't scare them away :cold_sweat:

After reading some of the posts in this thread directed towards Grant I am no longer surprised why they don't post more often.

There you are. Thank goodness.
  • Options
    GameLover0016GameLover0016 Posts: 27 New Member
    Aww. My question wasn't answered. Oh, well.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    EA actually is listening...I think I might faint..

We're always watching. We're just not always able to comment. You guys are our heart and soul. Without you, we can't pay the bills. We listen.

Then you'll make Sims 5 better?
    Actually, chances are they are already planning it or will within the year. Game development takes 4-5 years.

Which brings me to my next point... @SimGuruGrant I know it won't happen in Sims 4. But for the love of god could you please put Open World and CAST as the top 2 items on your priority for this game. Followed closely by dynamic height for the Sims :)

I don't use a TI-83 calculator to play Sims, so bumping up the min. requirements if necessary is ok in my book :)

I know, I actually made a thread about Sims 5 a while back in Ideas & Feedback, but was too chicken to go back to it, since I feared the thread had gotten overrun by over zealous fans and trolls. LOL. Maybe someday I'll venture back over there. By now the thread is likely on page 100.

Yes I also want open world and CASt in the next game. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase. And enough features for the legacy players! (toddlers, etc.)