Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i couldn't get the foundation to show then a friend said you need walls first. now i'm stuck agan the house i built has stairs and a door but my sims wont go inside.

Are the stairs directly against the door? Or did you provide them with a small landing?

figured it out thank you.
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    I've participated in Legacy challenges before, but not this one.....but I think I will this time. Can't wait for all of the information to get posted up so we can get started!
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    The rules are posted! The rules are posted! *runs around like a headless chicken*
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Where are you all going to be sharing your stories? I don't see anywhere here on the site or in the gallery for sharing stories...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    Ooooooo ... Rules are now posted ... Let the games begin ... LOL
    the triplets just aged to children so much easier.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Where are you all going to be sharing your stories? I don't see anywhere here on the site or in the gallery for sharing stories...

Most likely they will be posted here, or a link to their blogs/stories will be posted in this section here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

I will be playing the Patriarchy (not strict), Modern, Exemplar. I can't wait to begin! Have to finish reading the rules though. I really like what I see so far.

I was just wondering that myself. I think I'm too lazy to start an actual offsite blog right now. :)

I like the updated succession laws! I've decided to deviate from the norm for me and go with a totally different setup: Equality, Modern & Living Will. That'll force me to actually make my Sims build relationships from one generation to the next rather than just choosing who, among those with the proper body parts, *I* like best.
    This site has a section for sharing your Sims 4 Stories and Legacies. I gave the link in a post above. It that what you meant by not seeing anywhere here to share a story?
    Ok... I guess I'll do a blog! I'll be posting my legacy at Word press (cathytea.wordpress.com) I'm thinking about doing a "Goofball Legacy" --Exemplar with the family trait of goofball.

So, bloodline laws will be Equality, Modern, Exemplar.

I didn't see any specification in the rules about what lot to move into. Are we free to choose any that we can afford? And I know that in Pinstar's demo at Creative Camp, he bought lots of statues to use up the extra funds he had after moving in, but I didn't see anything about that in the rules.

Any thoughts?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited September 2014
    Goofball legacy sounds like fun. :)

In the video on his Getting Started page he shows which two lots (there's one in each 'hood) you can bulldoze for the proper amount. It's the Landgraab house in the non-desert one. Here's the video URL: https://youtube.com/watch?v=H7pzJWTumls

edit: it's around the 2:50 mark that the lots are pointed out.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Ok... I guess I'll do a blog! I'll be posting my legacy at Word press (cathytea.wordpress.com) I'm thinking about doing a "Goofball Legacy" --Exemplar with the family trait of goofball. <br />
    <br />
    So, bloodline laws will be Equality, Modern, Exemplar.<br />
    <br />
    I didn't see any specification in the rules about what lot to move into. Are we free to choose any that we can afford? And I know that in Pinstar's demo at Creative Camp, he bought lots of statues to use up the extra funds he had after moving in, but I didn't see anything about that in the rules. <br />
    <br />
    Any thoughts?

You must move into one of the two residential 50x50 lots. There is one in each neighborhood, and my intro video shows which lots they are exactly.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H7pzJWTumls

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
    Thanks, Pinstar! Love the rules--so glad there's the modern option!

Oh--what about buying extra stuff to use up the funds? Is that a requirement, or just something you did to ramp up the challenge?

• Whiteraven40Whiteraven40 Posts: 129 Member
    I've never done a legacy before but thinking of doing this one although it is abit daunting, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, can't wait for midnight so I can start playing :)
    Oh--what about buying extra stuff to use up the funds? Is that a requirement, or just something you did to ramp up the challenge?

It is a requirement. That will allow your Sim to start their new lives out with 1,800 simoleons. The starting funds of every challenge. Have fun! :)

• DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a question about spouses. The rule states "This Sim may not be from a family who lives in a house on the world map, nor may they be a hand-picked Sim from the gallery." Is this for all 10 Sims that will become spouses, or is this talking about the 10th 'extra' sim? If it refers to all spouses - then where are they to come from??

Also when do you start playing the next generation? Is it when they reach YA?
    just had triplet boys again. but since ts not the fist set there are already 3 bassinets.
    The spouses/significant others need to be townies or other NPCs (non-playable characters). In other versions of Sims, there were many service people, mail carriers, and others, in addition to all the townies. From the little bit of playing I've done so far, it looks like there are several townies, such as the guy with the gardening bib at the park and the guy in the waders.

I guess one way to find out who is lives in a house and who doesn't would be to click all the houses and list all the residents. We'd have to do this periodically throughout the generations, as Sims move and pass on.

Anyone know of a more efficient way to find out who's eligible and who's not?

• flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    So excited. I've tried playing a Legacy before but usually give up after the second generation. I'm trying with the proper rules and going all the way this time! Matriarchal-Traditional-First Born If I succeed with this one and figure out how to make a story with it, I will try that next time.
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    <br />
    Anyone know of a more efficient way to find out who's eligible and who's not?

If you go into Manage Worlds from the game menu while you're in the game, it lists all the families in your Save, including a healthy list of homeless Sims.

• RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Okay, so this is my first try at doing a legacy by the rules. Are we not allowed to switch households? I'm asking because I don't want my spares to live lonely childless lives. I'm totally missing twallan right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top