Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to lose weight in the sims

Don't know why but it seems to me when my female exercises she gets bigger almost obese. So how do they lose wait in game?

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm looking for the same answers. My born in game sims all turn out on the heavy side and no amount of exercise takes the weight away. And the girls end up with big bottoms and the boys end up with pot bellies. But...when they age up, they go back to defaults.
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Did you post this to bugs/feedback?
    Banners.jpg
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I only have my sims Jog. I think weight lifting,push ups and sit ups may actually put muscle on them. My two gals have stayed nice and trim by just jogging.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    well so much for losing weight :( it maybe a bug perhaps posting on crins bug thread about it
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    They should have a Sim Jenny Craig venue.
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2014
    Treadmill for weight loss, Weight machine for muscles. Same as TS3 there. (Which, BTW, took me 4 years to figure out. :blush: )
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks sarahzsmyt think im gonna end up restarting my game again.
  • Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    Yeah, I was guessing that the pushups and situps were bulking people up with muscles.
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    I'm a totally lazy simmer because I just saved up my Satisfaction until I could buy "Insta-Lean" and make my Sims trim again :)
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    @SimGuruLyndsay...what is this "instant lean" you speak of? :) is it a reciepe?
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2014
    My child sim was looking pretty chubby and she just aged up to a teenager and she's definitely overweight. So I sent her to the gym to run on the treadmill and she spotted a very fit Sim there so she asked him to be her mentor. He screamed at her on the treadmill for hours and she's already lost weight. I feel like a few more days of this and she'll be slim!

Oh, and she's only eating garden salad and the Caprese salad (that her mom makes for her) and I only have her eat when she's in the low yellow.
  • Tarasnations0Tarasnations0 Posts: 43 Member
    I've fed my sim family nothing but garden salad the entire game to see if that avoids the weight gain issues. The entire family looks identical to when I started. Something for you to consider for the future. None of the sims have ever been to the gym or worked out but again Garden Salad every meal all the time.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    nekobear wrote: »
    @SimGuruLyndsay...what is this "instant lean" you speak of? :) is it a reciepe?

I'm not SimGuru Lyndsay, but, no, it's a reward you can purchase with satisfaction points (or whatever they're called - lifetime reward points in TS3). Satisfaction points are earned by fulfilling their whims (wishes in TS3).

• Tigger243Tigger243 Posts: 258 Member
    Yeah my sim has lost her upperbody chubb but still has a big butt! She looks like a pear. I really want to know how the weight loss works in Sims 4 since you form the bodies to the way they look when you made them and when you make them skinnier they don't look proportional.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    My sim got all muscly, and so when it happens I edit him back down to the slender build I had him at to start.

hit control shift c to open cheats window
    type testingcheats true
    type cas.fulleditmode
    then shift click on your sim and choose edit in cas....this will allow you to set your body features...you can actually edit anything in this way but when not using testing cheats the edit in cas will not allow body or trait changes while following the above format will allow all those changes
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I posted this in another thread because it's the opposite problem, but all I got was some LOLs. So funny :'( My poor sim lady!
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    Whoa, I just sent my sim to go jogging at the gym because she's expecting and wants to stay healthy for the baby. While on the treadmill, she enjoyed some good chat with some local ladies and told them all the good news. Then she went to take a shower after her workout and I was shocked by her waistline!! She is pregnant too.

So here she is showing up at the gym. I know this dress doesn't show the waist too well, but it's a good comparison shot.

01web.jpg

Now shortly after starting her workout. Not the best angle, but you should be able to see that her waist looks normal.

02web.jpg

And after a little chatting and a casual workout.

03web.jpg

Now that is too much change from one workout! I'm worried about the baby at this point!

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • PajerdaPajerda Posts: 24 New Member
    I've fed my sim family nothing but garden salad the entire game to see if that avoids the weight gain issues. The entire family looks identical to when I started. Something for you to consider for the future. None of the sims have ever been to the gym or worked out but again Garden Salad every meal all the time.

I did this too, because my sims accidentally burnt their stove day 1 and we didn't have the money to fix it for a while. AND THEY STILL GOT FAT! I was so frustrated. They now go on daily jogs.
  • VertimystVertimyst Posts: 9 New Member
    > @enkeli63 said:
    > I posted this in another thread because it's the opposite problem, but all I got was some LOLs. So funny :'( My poor sim lady!
    > enkeli63 wrote: »
    >
    > Whoa, I just sent my sim to go jogging at the gym because she's expecting and wants to stay healthy for the baby. While on the treadmill, she enjoyed some good chat with some local ladies and told them all the good news. Then she went to take a shower after her workout and I was shocked by her waistline!! She is pregnant too.
    >
    > So here she is showing up at the gym. I know this dress doesn't show the waist too well, but it's a good comparison shot.
    >
    >
    >
    > Now shortly after starting her workout. Not the best angle, but you should be able to see that her waist looks normal.
    >
    >
    >
    > And after a little chatting and a casual workout.
    >
    >
    >
    > Now that is too much change from one workout! I'm worried about the baby at this point!

Oh wow, that's super skinny! At least you don't have to worry about the baby being born fat. :P
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    I'm a totally lazy simmer because I just saved up my Satisfaction until I could buy "Insta-Lean" and make my Sims trim again :)

How do you do this?

I also find you have to watch their diet as well as work out. They can't eat "greasy" sims food and do a little cardio and hope for the best.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    > @DeadFishy said:
    > SimGuruLyndsay wrote: »
    >
    > I'm a totally lazy simmer because I just saved up my Satisfaction until I could buy "Insta-Lean" and make my Sims trim again
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do you do this?
    >
    > I also find you have to watch their diet as well as work out. They can't eat "greasy" sims food and do a little cardio and hope for the best.

I think you have to get them to get reward points from completing their Whims (wishes) and then if you click on the aspirations button on the UI, you will see this reward thing where you can redeem more traits or potions and stuff. It's really cool. Not too sure if insta-lean is there though, but that's my best guess.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member
    Didn't they have a similar bug in Sims 3?
  • TrijuanaTrijuana Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @DeadFishy said:
    > SimGuruLyndsay wrote: »
    >
    > I'm a totally lazy simmer because I just saved up my Satisfaction until I could buy "Insta-Lean" and make my Sims trim again :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do you do this?
    >
    > I also find you have to watch their diet as well as work out. They can't eat "greasy" sims food and do a little cardio and hope for the best.

@DeadFishy

DeKay is correct, the Insta-Lean potion can be found in the "Rewards Store" by clicking the "Aspirations" button. You will need 750 points to buy it, and the points are earned by fulfilling your sims wishes.

I have a couple who both gained a lot of weight in a matter of days (too fast in my opinion) and I wanted to see how the potion worked. I gave my female sim the potion, but I am not happy with the result. I was hoping that she would return to her original size (with curves), instead she is way too skinny.

For the male sim, I had him work out and jog, and he returned to his pre-gain weight.
    Post edited by Trijuana on
  • IdentityArmaniIdentityArmani Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim is an artist in the Patron of the arts and I'm really proud of her, except for the fact that she has really gained weight! What I did is open up the rewards shop and bought the insta-lean poison for like 700 something. And she is skinny now but has abs... So kind of disappointed but she's skinny now and you can't see the abs underneath the clothes. ???
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    If you have the ice cream maker, you can get your sim to make the Lean ice cream, this makes them lose weight quickly. But recently I did this and my sim didn't lose weight, so I'm wondering if it's a glitch, because it did work and now doesn't.
    there is also an ice cream to make fat to.
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Guys seriously a thread from 2014!? lol Anyways if your a scientist you can create a serum that makes you slim. Quite a few possibilities to get fit without having to work out (wish real life could be like that). :p