Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading Time

I feel like there is not enough details to the game to take this long to load. Playing time and loading time are pretty even at the moment.

Comments

• NicottiaNicottia Posts: 76 Member
    Well, I don't know about ya, but my loading times usually 2-5sec, haven't seen anything that takes longer than 10sec...

Must be your computer dude. I have 12GB RAM, Intel Core i7 3610QM, NVidia GF GTX 670M and it's a "gaming" laptop, 2yr old, I haven't got SSD. ;) And I run everything on Ultra Settings, as all extra super details applied and so far 0 lag. Oh and it's Win 7...
    7bXthz.png
    My little YouTube corner: Nicottia <= Clickerino!
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    My load times are no longer than 7 or 8 seconds right now. I'm on a gaming laptop with everything on high, too. What kind of system are you running the game on? Is it one that only just meets the requirements? If not, do you have a lot of background tasks running or anything like that?
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    The game is a 32bit meaning it doesn't use over 4GB of RAM. Just thought I'd throw that in.
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2014
    I doubt that the programming modders, which the subforum is generally intended for, are going make the game load faster. Probably exactly the opposite I'm afraid!

I can only recommend cleaning up your computer, defragging your hard drive, buying an SSD or making some other generic computer upgrades.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I'm playing on a four year old macbook pro and my loading times are just fine so far.
    Also, @Kit, I don't think I knew about the 4gb thing before reading your comment, cool.

@HoneyBee2189 what all do you have downloaded/added to the game? I have quite a good number of CC items in my game already and it hasn't made my load times worse, I might have to agree with the others. Something might be amiss with your computer?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • EudanilEudanil Posts: 85 Member
    Kit, it may not use more than 4GB, though having more enables you to have browsers and such open at the same time without memory issues :). That said, not everyone needs that much.. unless they are like me and have a silly amount of browser tabs :P.
    Signature02.jpg
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Eudanil wrote: »
    Kit, it may not use more than 4GB, though having more enables you to have browsers and such open at the same time without memory issues :). That said, not everyone needs that much.. unless they are like me and have a silly amount of browser tabs :P.

*also has a silly amount of browser tabs* as well as multiple programs open and... yeah, the extra ram I have is probably helpful in my case. heh
    HSon1Mq.png
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Eudanil wrote: »

Yes, I do agree! I just wanted to make it clear that having like 32GB, 12GB, and so on isn't going to be a factor in how fast your loading screens in. Unless you're running netflix and another game on top of The Sims 4. XD
  • croxo11croxo11 Posts: 1 New Member
    B) podem dizer que é o pc que não aguenta o jogo,mas esqueceram que o the sims 2 fico muito pior com expansões ,atela de carregamento demora de mais eu exclui ele do meu pc ,o quanto foi ruim te lo instalado.