Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If CC doesn't transfer from the gallery...

Why are we tagging #WithCC or #NoCC ?
Is it going to transfer later?

I just tested downloading one of my sims (with a shirt I made) and it strips the shirt off of her, just like it did before release... just wondering.

@SimGuruModSquad
HSon1Mq.png

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Ohhhk, I just watched a chunk of this video and it says we will see different angles and each item from what we download through the gallery but when I view a sim in the gallery I see 1)The main "household" image which is just like crotch up of whatever sims & waist up of each sim and their aspiration/stuff
    Unlike in ts3 on the site and we could flip through and see each outfit, etc.
    Could get pretty tricky...
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    Well the tagging should help people who are thinking about grabbing a Sim household decide if they want to. Some people are (understandably given varying levels of technological competence) intimidated by things like modding and custom content and would rather just let Maxis manage everything for them as much as possible.

Conversely, it may also help people who like CC and want to find cool new items, as they can browse the gallery and then, if creators are smart they can include external links or instructions on where to find the CC on the Sim in the gallery comments/description.
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    Well the tagging should help people who are thinking about grabbing a Sim household decide if they want to. Some people are (understandably given varying levels of technological competence) intimidated by things like modding and custom content and would rather just let Maxis manage everything for them as much as possible.

Conversely, it may also help people who like CC and want to find cool new items, as they can browse the gallery and then, if creators are smart they can include external links or instructions on where to find the CC on the Sim in the gallery comments/description.

Ok, I can kinda get that.. it just seems weird to worry about if someone puts a sim up with cc because they're anti cc because the sim won't actually come with it... but I guess it'd be good to say that so someone doesn't go "why didn't they come with that hair? I downloaded them because I liked the hair" or something.

hmm

I'm building right now so don't want to check but can we edit descriptions in the gallery?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @simfeetunder It's true. Some people are so freakin' paranoid of CC and the 'bad things' it could do to your game. So they won't download anything that doesn't say it's clear of CC. o_O I think it's from the general Sims 3 exchange where you could download CC through the site accidentally and really frak up your game if you didn't want it.
    @simfeetunder It's true. Some people are so freakin' paranoid of CC and the 'bad things' it could do to your game. So they won't download anything that doesn't say it's clear of CC. o_O I think it's from the general Sims 3 exchange where you could download CC through the site accidentally and really frak up your game if you didn't want it.

Yeah, I've noticed. I deleted a few things from the exchange because it came with crap that I didn't want (and most times that crap didn't have an affect on the game but I wanted to get rid of it and some of those files refused to go away, so weird!) but if it doesn't transfer the cc in this gallery... lol
    I mean, I have seen some people seriously flipping out about cc. *sigh*

Right now I'm trying to build a 2-story house but am stuck on getting flooring to go up on the second floor... wth? lol
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    I believe that you have to take down your households and re-upload them from your local copy to edit the descriptions. Once they are 'live', so to speak, the description appears to be locked. Possibly annoying if you have some household with hundreds of likes and you want to edit the description.

You can still add comments though, so if it's something that is not a big deal there is that.
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    I believe that you have to take down your households and re-upload them from your local copy to edit the descriptions. Once they are 'live', so to speak, the description appears to be locked. Possibly annoying if you have some household with hundreds of likes and you want to edit the description.

You can still add comments though, so if it's something that is not a big deal there is that.

Do the tags work in the comments?
    I wouldn't mind so much taking them down and putting them back up but they're in the demo version and 1) the cc isn't "over there" any more and 2) ugh... hahaha
    HSon1Mq.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like to know if there's CC in a Gallery item so that I know that when *I* download that item, it might end up looking different.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I'd like to know if there's CC in a Gallery item so that I know that when *I* download that item, it might end up looking different.
    I prefer to know as well. Plus I tend to look for CC so I can see "Oh hey, I never saw that before. Where can I download that?"
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I actually think you have to have the content downloaded they added on the gallery to the sim but I could be wrong. But personally I would rather know what I am downloading I have had problems in the past on TS3"s exchange getting every possible bad CC that was out there. I still have this stupid cabinet I have no idea how to get it out of my game but at least it doesn't come with any of my uploads plus a stupid lot that will randomly come with my uploads to.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I actually think you have to have the content downloaded they added on the gallery to the sim but I could be wrong. But personally I would rather know what I am downloading I have had problems in the past on TS3"s exchange getting every possible bad CC that was out there. I still have this stupid cabinet I have no idea how to get it out of my game but at least it doesn't come with any of my uploads plus a stupid lot that will randomly come with my uploads to.

I'm not completely awake but am having trouble understanding the first line of your response.
    I tried downloading one of my sims from the gallery (that I had made in the demo version) that was wearing a shirt I created, which I have installed in my mods file for the game, and she still showed up in my library sans-shirt, so, at least for me, already having the item in my folder did nada.

and @pepperjax1230, if the cc doesn't download with the sim the whole "rather know what I'm downloading" thing doesn't make much sense to me. You'd be getting a sim wearing a bra or sim where the game replaces the cc with a game piece of clothing.

I'd like the tags (and preferably the person to state where to download the item) so that I can actually see what the person was going for vs thinking "they made a sim who wears a bra to parties? uh, wow" or something but as far as not wanting to unknowingly download cc from the gallery... I don't see how that would happen without them changing the way it works from how it is currently.

Anyway, does anyone know if the # work in comments or if it's just in the description.
    HSon1Mq.png