Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything about this game

Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
Is definitely not what I had expected at all. I am absolutely in love. I have played for only 1 and a half hours and I seriously think this is a fantastic game. I moved in mine and my partners sim selfs I made in the CAS demo, and wow. The relationship is harder to build. Sooo many awkward and embarrassing moments. Which I loved! And also just how my sims act like my partner and I. Anish woke up in the middle of the night to go pee because he was busting. Walked to the toilet with legs squeezed together. A bit grumpy from being tired, after he peed he decided to have a late night snack of choc cake my sim self had prepared earlier. His mood changed to happy and he went to bed. A lot more has happened in game but based on what I have seen and experienced, I am in love! My sims game has life again!

Comments

• Options
    TDeppe1966TDeppe1966 Posts: 186 Member
    Ditto! I am in love with them....the robotic sims are gone and they are definitely smarter :-)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I know - I just love it. It is way better than anyone indicated. It was nuts EA did not give the game to reviewers so it could be seen how good it really is. I want to go back and play more - but don't dare or i won't want to stop again. I have real life stuff to do and just want to go play some more.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I know - I just love it. It is way better than anyone indicated. It was nuts EA did not give the game to reviewers so it could be seen how good it really is. I want to go back and play more - but don't dare or i won't want to stop again. I have real life stuff to do and just want to go play some more.

Haha it's very addictive! I have work today and I was like sweet! 4:30 finish I'll get heaps of gameplay in afterwards, then my other workplace called and asked if I could work 6 - 9 as someone's sick. Soo now I'm not simming. :(
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I am having much so fun playing the game. I know I have played about 16 hours and have not even visited Oasis Springs yet nor moved to a larger house.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I expected to be so disappointed, but I was so curious so my husband used his Gamestop points on it. I'm so glad he did. I love it! The camera angles are little funky, but I'm getting the hang of it.
  • Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    I haven't got my game yet, but it's great to get some positive feedback from a player who is actually enjoying the game, instead of slamming it for what it hasn't got.

Defiantly makes me excited to play.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    I am having much so fun playing the game. I know I have played about 16 hours and have not even visited Oasis Springs yet nor moved to a larger house.

I did the same thing. I was so busy exploring Willow Creek I forgot all about the other neighborhood. I finally made it over there a little while ago, but I like my lush Willow Creek much better. I live in the desert, I need lush in game :)
  • Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    I love all the realistic stuff they added like pregnancy test and the trimesters! there's so much to do and i cant wait to play more! I love all the interactions and emotions like embarrassment!
  • Options
    Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
    I'm with ya! I absolutely love the game and haven't even done a lot in it yet! I also see tons of potential with expansion packs being added on later.
  • Options
    chase_paynechase_payne Posts: 58 Member
    I find it funny how I can wohoo a guy and then confess attraction and get caught in an awkward conversation. Not trying to be sarcastic, but that's pretty neat how the game acknowledges there is more than just the conversation progress bar to trigger success rates.
  • Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    I definitely still love sims 3 but so far this game is showing so much potential. i've had very minor glitches with this game. very happy with how it came out! I also love how my sims can interact with my other households and how they keep aging even when im not playing them. such an open neighborhood
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    I find it funny how I can wohoo a guy and then confess attraction and get caught in an awkward conversation. Not trying to be sarcastic, but that's pretty neat how the game acknowledges there is more than just the conversation progress bar to trigger success rates.

I noticed this too, love it. My sim proposed when their romance bar was full, the green bar half way, but she was still shut down.
  • Options
    AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    I just started playing and I'm mixed about the game right now. I just get very bored with the game. I think the graphics are a big jump, but I don't like that everything feels so plain. Whenever I go to activities outside, it feels very stale. There's not much to do - but it is the base game so I can't really complain. I just can't phantom why I get so bored. I go exploring and try hard to level their jobs, but it doesn't feel like I'm progressing.

I can't really describe it correctly, but I'll do my best...I just feel so annoyed sometimes that I have to close the game it out. I feel this way whenever I plan parties. I never ever get it completed successfully. My sims are married, so I don't understand why I have to flirt with other Sims to "become a great host." It's just awkward. Also people tend to leave faster when the party is dirty and that's hard to fix when the garbage can and SINK?! can get full so I have to wait before I can wash anything. It's annoying...

I do love the different interactions though. The moods while lacking are refreshing. I like that I can draw a flirty picture - it's so cute (the llama and the bunny hugging themselves in the sunset!) I just wish that it didn't seem so emotionless when death comes along.

I like this game, I do, I just want some aspects to change. I'll await the next expansion for sure. It's just I'm not in LOVE with it. I think I'll keep trying to immerse myself with the game, and hopefully the higher skilled my sims are maybe I'll not be as grouchy....
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif

• Options
    petemonsterpetemonster Posts: 136 Member
    so happy to finally see a positive post on this forum and that there are people who love this game as much as i do
  • Options
    Agnes wrote: »
    I just started playing and I'm mixed about the game right now. I just get very bored with the game. I think the graphics are a big jump, but I don't like that everything feels so plain. Whenever I go to activities outside, it feels very stale. There's not much to do - but it is the base game so I can't really complain. I just can't phantom why I get so bored. I go exploring and try hard to level their jobs, but it doesn't feel like I'm progressing. <br />
    <br />
    I can't really describe it correctly, but I'll do my best...I just feel so annoyed sometimes that I have to close the game it out. I feel this way whenever I plan parties. I never ever get it completed successfully. My sims are married, so I don't understand why I have to flirt with other Sims to "become a great host." It's just awkward. Also people tend to leave faster when the party is dirty and that's hard to fix when the garbage can and SINK?! can get full so I have to wait before I can wash anything. It's annoying...<br />
    <br />
    I do love the different interactions though. The moods while lacking are refreshing. I like that I can draw a flirty picture - it's so cute (the llama and the bunny hugging themselves in the sunset!) I just wish that it didn't seem so emotionless when death comes along. <br />
    <br />
    I like this game, I do, I just want some aspects to change. I'll await the next expansion for sure. It's just I'm not in LOVE with it. I think I'll keep trying to immerse myself with the game, and hopefully the higher skilled my sims are maybe I'll not be as grouchy....

It's a different feel and may take you some time to 'warm' to it's charm as others had to. As for the party interactions I haven't thrown one yet. It is the base game so in terms of activities sims can do it is a bit limited but that's generally how base games are. So far I love everything about it and can't wait for future expansions!
  • Options
    AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    > @Rhian2005 said:
    > Agnes wrote: »
    >
    > I just started playing and I'm mixed about the game right now. I just get very bored with the game. I think the graphics are a big jump, but I don't like that everything feels so plain. Whenever I go to activities outside, it feels very stale. There's not much to do - but it is the base game so I can't really complain. I just can't phantom why I get so bored. I go exploring and try hard to level their jobs, but it doesn't feel like I'm progressing.

>

> I can't really describe it correctly, but I'll do my best...I just feel so annoyed sometimes that I have to close the game it out. I feel this way whenever I plan parties. I never ever get it completed successfully. My sims are married, so I don't understand why I have to flirt with other Sims to "become a great host." It's just awkward. Also people tend to leave faster when the party is dirty and that's hard to fix when the garbage can and SINK?! can get full so I have to wait before I can wash anything. It's annoying...

>

> I do love the different interactions though. The moods while lacking are refreshing. I like that I can draw a flirty picture - it's so cute (the llama and the bunny hugging themselves in the sunset!) I just wish that it didn't seem so emotionless when death comes along.

>

> I like this game, I do, I just want some aspects to change. I'll await the next expansion for sure. It's just I'm not in LOVE with it. I think I'll keep trying to immerse myself with the game, and hopefully the higher skilled my sims are maybe I'll not be as grouchy....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a different feel and may take you some time to 'warm' to it's charm as others had to. As for the party interactions I haven't thrown one yet. It is the base game so in terms of activities sims can do it is a bit limited but that's generally how base games are. So far I love everything about it and can't wait for future expansions!

--
    I know it's limited but it asks for me to play an instrument for 1 hour and then wait for sims to react to me. Which I do, and get the 1 hour achievement but all the other simmers are ignoring me. Party ends because they are so bored. So again, I suppose I will have to wait till my sims get better on skills because they really hate my house parties. ;/
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif