Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

treasure map

i found a treasure map, but i cant open it. does anyone know if it does anything?

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    LoreenaJ wrote: »
    i found a treasure map, but i cant open it. does anyone know if it does anything?

Where did you find it? :)
  • LoreenaJLoreenaJ Posts: 38 Member
    dug it up near the abandoned mine
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    From the Prima Guide:

"MySims Trophies

All 20 of these little statue-like trophies are buried underground. To find them, start digging up rocks. As you do this, you can find treasure maps. Once you have a treasure map, you can choose to search for treasure when you interact with a rock. The map is used up and your Sim will find a capsule in the ground. In the inventory, you can choose to open the capsule. Inside, you will find one of these trophies."

Hope this helps.

thanks! I'll have to go do some digging...lol
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    You use the treasure map on rock deposits around town. Instead of just having the "dig" interaction, if you have a treasure map, you'll also have the "dig up treasure" option. It'll use up a treasure map each time you do it.
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    Ah so this confirms we just get trophies?? That... kinda stinks lol. I was hoping for ..idk.. anything else?
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
    like "woohoo! i found a $71 trophy in the dirt that i will never ever place in my house!"
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
    i was hoping it was something special too
  • mwadmanmwadman Posts: 104 Member
    It would be cool if you collected so many and they led to a secret town or something.
    Ah so this confirms we just get trophies?? That... kinda stinks lol. I was hoping for ..idk.. anything else?

The trophies are pretty disappointing. They all look basically the same and do the exact same thing as far as I can tell (give off a playful vibe so your sims are playful around them). It'd be nice if they at least gave different buffs.
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    like "woohoo! i found a $71 trophy in the dirt that i will never ever place in my house!"

You might want to rethink that.

"Put MySims trophies around your house. If you activate the emotional aura for them, you can help create a Playful environment. These are great for kid’s rooms or for when you need to get Sims at a social event all in a Playful mood."
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

It would be nice if we found dishwashers instead of trophies. :p

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius

"Put MySims trophies around your house. If you activate the emotional aura for them, you can help create a Playful environment. These are great for kid’s rooms or for when you need to get Sims at a social event all in a Playful mood."

But every last one does a playful aura, stick a cheap one in a room for the aura and sell the more expensive ones.

I spose for some people, but I already have all the lamps from the sims 3 expansions special content or whatever, so these trophies really are useless, at least for me :s
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    Beware! The little doll trophies are evil. They give the playful emotion. If you have one in a room and your sim innocently walks in there with the "inspired" emotion you worked so hard to get, the doll troll will instantly overwhelm it and replace it with its playful emotion.

But you can turn this off by clicking on them.
    In my opinion, I think it would be way cooler for these treasure maps to lead to special "treasure hunt" opportunities that let you go and dig up stuff to find pieces to a puzzle and then unlock for a mega death ray or something..... or, you know.. some cool gadget.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
    maybe an elixir of life? or potion of aspiration points?? since the aspiration points are really hard to obtain right now, otherwise.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
    Even if it was just something that you cant get without the treasure map...that would be good too
  • ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    Anyone else have any information on these?

I dig the capsules up with the dolls in them regardless of whether or not I have a treasure map and am 'digging for treasure', so the maps are just kind of a gigantic let-down. Was hoping they at least gave a small chance for something cool. "You found a bag full of simoleons!" or pieces that you could put together to make unique objects like dinosaur skeletons or statues or .. anything.
    Erisine wrote: »
    Anyone else have any information on these?

I dig the capsules up with the dolls in them regardless of whether or not I have a treasure map and am 'digging for treasure', so the maps are just kind of a gigantic let-down. Was hoping they at least gave a small chance for something cool. "You found a bag full of simoleons!" or pieces that you could put together to make unique objects like dinosaur skeletons or statues or .. anything.

Actually I think you've stated the most obvious missing feature from the treasure map: actual treasure. Like what happened to digging up money!?
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Eh, well, they're at least good for completing collections...for now. Maybe later on a patch or expansion will add new things to the capsules, though. I mean, they can't just dog us out like SquarEnix did players with those useless gummy ship parts in practically every single treasure chest in Kingdom Hearts...can they? :o
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Not sure if someone has mentioned it yet but I heard you can also dig up money besides the MySim trophies... I haven't yet but I'm curious if someone can confirm they have gotten money?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    Not sure if someone has mentioned it yet but I heard you can also dig up money besides the MySim trophies... I haven't yet but I'm curious if someone can confirm they have gotten money?
    i have done a tonne of collecting and digging and not once gotten cash.
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Actually I think you've stated the most obvious missing feature from the treasure map: actual treasure. Like what happened to digging up money!?

Money treasures are just SO last season.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • CoroKiwiCoroKiwi Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Hellbiter88 said:
    > Erisine wrote: »
    >
    > Anyone else have any information on these?
    >
    > I dig the capsules up with the dolls in them regardless of whether or not I have a treasure map and am 'digging for treasure', so the maps are just kind of a gigantic let-down. Was hoping they at least gave a small chance for something cool. "You found a bag full of simoleons!" or pieces that you could put together to make unique objects like dinosaur skeletons or statues or .. anything.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually I think you've stated the most obvious missing feature from the treasure map: actual treasure. Like what happened to digging up money!?

I've just dug up a Voodoo Doll, not sure if it was from using the Treasure Map or just a random dig, as I was using both at the time and didn't notice which one gave me the doll