Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem solved, people! :P

AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
I'm playing in Sunset Valley, and I'm about 20 weeks into the game. Recently I checked my sim's relationship tab, and one of the children they were aquainted with wasn't showing up. I sent her over to the Langerak's house, so she could re-meet Kaytlynn ( or however her name is spelled, ) but she wasn't home, so I reset Kaytlynn because my sim was about to leave for her part-time job soon. She didn't appear. I went into edit town and changed my household to them too take a peek at their family tree, and somehow, Kaytlynn is deceased! EA's story progression is turned off on my game, so why on Earth is this still happening?! I just got the news young Mortimer Goth died also! Can someone please help with this? Thanks in advance. :)
Post edited by Attheedgeofus on

Comments

• bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    You said EA's story progression is turned off. Do you use any mods, such as Twallan's story progression, to replace this? If so you should try without them, if you haven't already. I hope it gets sorted :)
  • AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
    I do not own NRaas's Story Progression, but the mods I do have are: Relativity, Overwatch, Traveler, SleepFreedom, MasterController, GoHere, and two others that I cannot say, but are by NRaas. ( I can't say them because they'd most likely violate forum rules. ) Does that help? Is there one mod that I listed that messes with progression? Thanks in advance
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I do not own NRaas's Story Progression, but the mods I do have are: Relativity, Overwatch, Traveler, SleepFreedom, MasterController, GoHere, and two others that I cannot say, but are by NRaas. ( I can't say them because they'd most likely violate forum rules. ) Does that help? Is there one mod that I listed that messes with progression? Thanks in advance

Hmm I have Overwatch, MasterController, and Traveler along with Nraas StoryProgression and it works just fine. GoHere and SleepFreedom i'm unsure of but they don't seem threatening to StoryProgression. I know exactly how you feel, I had many babies dying in my legacy thanks to Ea's Storyprogression. It was a big wake up call for me and that's when helpful simmer like @bishty had also told me about Nraas' storyprogression, and I honestly won't want to play without it.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    I'll be sure to download it, but is there a way to just make the mod ONLY keep children/babies/teens/toddlers from dieing? Because I'm just the type of simmer who plays naturally with SP off. Thanks in advance
  • MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2014
    Your Sims (including babies/toddlers/children) will all be safe if you use NRaas Story Progression. By default, this SP will not kill off Sims, so you won't have to make any changes of that sort if you choose to add this mod. Like others, I refuse to play my games without it.

NRaas Story Progression (has additional optional modules, not included in base):
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

NRaas SP Interactions:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+Interactions

NRaas SP FAQ
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+FAQ

NRaas Chatterbox (forum for the wiki)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox
    a.k.a. - Linda
    I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying, but just to recap, if I download NRaas's Story Progression, the settings will not kill off youth and no one outside of the main household will change by the mod's default, right? Thanks in advance
    By default, the mod will not kill off Sims. But also by default, the non-actives in your town will progress along with your Sims. The non-actives will get jobs, promotions/demotions, marry, divorce, have children, age to elders, and more. There are different settings that allow you to personalize how you want the mod to work. Rather than just adding it right away, it might be a good idea to read some of the info in the links I added and check their Chatterbox (with searchable topics).
    a.k.a. - Linda
    Thanks! I have just ONE more question for you then I'll go to the links you gave me. If aging is off, will adding the mod still have aging off?
    edited September 2014
    There are settings in NRaas Story Progression that allow you to make adjustments. But you can also have aging turned off in the EA options. I don't turn off aging often, but when I have used the EA option, SP acknowledged it and Sims did not age.

ETA: A reminder to delete your scriptCache.package file every time you add a mod/cc and also when you remove a mod/cc. Delete this file while the game is closed.

And to add: All NRaas mods are compatible. You can use two of them, or all of them without compatibility issues.
    Post edited by MarLin114 on
    a.k.a. - Linda
    Okay thank you so much! I'm reading through interactions right now :)
    You're welcome :smile: It took me a little while to do the research and start using mods, but the time and attention I gave them was well worth it.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Melmel2362Melmel2362 Posts: 278 Member
    Even if you can't turn aging off for adults while having it on for others (I've never tried, so I'm not sure) you can change the life span to make it however long you want for different ages. Either way I recommend Nraas story progression =]
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use Nraas story progression and have been able to select the sims I want aging while turning it off for others who don't need to age or don't get enough time like children who need 360 days if they just aged into a child.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg