Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Quick Sims 4 Review

I have been really impressed by the graphics. The graphics in gameplay videos and livestreams over the internet do not truly depict how excellent the game looks on your own montior (at least on high settings). It is so detailed and lifelike, the tone of the body and the shine of the hair. The hair does not look fake at all, doesn't look like plastic. It shines and isnt dull like the previous sims games.

Another good thing about the game I really liked is that the neighborhoods are always filled with lots of sims. I think there are some NPC townies too. Every lot you're in, there are at least 8-10 sims walking around somewhere.

The game runs so smooth and I haven't really seen any glitches. I haven't experienced lag at all.

Now there is one thing that is really bugging, the walk styles are by far the most annoying thing I have to deal with in my game. They are so over-exaggerated and unrealistic. The sims dont look cartoony as we thought they would, but the walk styles really ruin the realism. I just really hate the walk styles, sluggish, perky, snobby, those kinds.

Comments

• Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited September 2014
    IF you don't want to use the different Walk styles, then don't.

Personally, I barely notice them most of the Time.
    And the times I have noticed, it was a walk-style that was appropriate for the Sims personally
  • hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    I agree! I hate the walk styles, but the game is really great looking.

The gameplay isn't so shabby either, you just have get used to how different it is from other games.
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    IF you don't want to use the different Walk styles, then don't.

Personally I barely notice them most of the Time.
    And the times I have noticed, it was a walk-style that was appropriate for the Sims personally
    im not talking about sims i created. almost all the sims in the neighborhoods walk funny or like they have some sort of mental illness.

• Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I think the walk styles are really just to amplify the emotions xD..... Sims this time around seem to have gone all the way into the unknown with those emotions... They really add some funny situations to the game....

I also love the art style and how smooth and fluid everything looks, I love how lively everything feels, I enjoy the quality of the plants, I mean seriously HAVE you just looked at those plants, they have their own little leaves and everything, it is not some photo edited image slapped on some cubic polygon that's been layer with alpha....They are actual mesh shaped plants now, so beautiful! I think Sims 4 really grasps the comedy of the Sims life, it is smooth runs without lag on maximum settings for me, however depth of field seems to not work very well with my graphics card, not a big deal the blurred distance makes me dizzy anyways because I have mild motion sickness 8D...

I have seen a couple little tiny bugs, nothing that's game breaking, like stuck forks and random inventory stickiness... but its not preventing me from enjoying my game. I have played about 7 hours since I bought my game on the 2nd, and I love it. Would not give it back even if they tried to take it from me, I waited a year to play this, I am enjoying it. I look forward to the future of Sims 4!
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    another thing i forgot to mention. the sims automatically start talking with people near them no matter what. like my sim was on the opposite side of this other sim and they were on different workout machines look opposite ways and they were talking to eachother, 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!?!
    edited September 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    another thing i forgot to mention. the sims automatically start talking with people near them no matter what. like my sim was on the opposite side of this other sim and they were on different workout machines look opposite ways and they were talking to eachother, 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!?!

Really? Because I have to deliberately Tell my Sims to start talking to people.. otherwise they'd just sit quietly & keep doing their own thing.
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    im not talking about sims i created. almost all the sims in the neighborhoods walk funny or like they have some sort of mental illness.

and I wasn't just talking about just the Sims I created either.
    None of the SIms walk styles are all that noticeable to me In-Game.
    But you went into the Game already fully committed to hating the walkstyles,
    which is fine for you
    so of course they're going to stand out to you.