Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... What now?

I love the way the game looks, I love the way my Sims interact... But I can't find much to do. What else is there to do besides create houses? I'm bored with the game already... Hoping expansion packs come soon.

Comments

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I love the way the game looks, I love the way my Sims interact... But I can't find much to do. What else is there to do besides create houses? I'm bored with the game already... Hoping expansion packs come soon.
    Besides create houses?! Oh I don't know.... Live? This is a life simulation game after all.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Interact with the other sims in town, work on careers, hobbies, skills, have a family, etc. There's always less to do in terms of quantity when a new base game comes out, but part of the fun is seeing all the differences in how those things work and happen. Everyone's different though. I'm still enjoying the freshness of the sims animations and interactions myself. :)
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • KarenJeanSimKarenJeanSim Posts: 59 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Besides create houses?! Oh I don't know.... Live? This is a life simulation game after all.

Duh.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Duh.
    Well you said it like creating houses was the only fun thing to do. Be creative with the game!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member

You just paid $70 for the game and now you want to spend at least another 40 on an expansion? What job do your parents do, kid? I'd sure love to be made of money.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Try exploring the gardening skill. Check out some new objects like the bonsai tree (which is really neat when you level up gardening) and the tea maker. Try for a comedy career. Use no cheats and become rich. Throw huge, beautiful parties. Mix some wacky genetics. Mess with the Goths. There really is a lot of new content in this base game.
  • TheSpinTheSpin Posts: 14 New Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    Use no cheats and become rich. T

This, for me, is the kind of stuff that makes the game fun (for me). I've never used the cheats in the Sims and it gives me a lot to look forward to.
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    Work on your Sims aspiration or get them a job and work on the goals. The whims will also help show you some new interactions you might not have found as you start trying out new things.
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    TheSpin wrote: »
    tasmabel wrote: »
    Use no cheats and become rich. T

This, for me, is the kind of stuff that makes the game fun (for me). I've never used the cheats in the Sims and it gives me a lot to look forward to.

This is what I do as well. I do all sorts of rags to riches challenges to see how each method works. (one will be a painter, one will just collect and sell, one will garden, etc)
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Wow two mods in one thread. That's a rare sight.
    edited September 2014
    rk800 wrote: »

You just paid $70 for the game and now you want to spend at least another 40 on an expansion? What job do your parents do, kid? I'd sure love to be made of money.

I work 6 days a week and I haven't gotten a birthday gift in 3 years thank you very much.
    My family and I are nowhere near made of money.
    It took me a few days to really get into it, but i'm finding it a bit more fun. I just had to discover some things. Still confused how to do certain things but I'll figure it out. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
  • UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    > @KarenJeanSim said:
    > It took me a few days to really get into it, but i'm finding it a bit more fun. I just had to discover some things. Still confused how to do certain things but I'll figure it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

find the new secrets, there slots of em, collect things, find buried treasure, it is all there.

Play how you play the sims 2, work on the aspirations as-well.