Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The main problem I see with Sims 4 right now...

2...Next

Comments

• trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    i have a question, are there townies? or are the only sims in the neighborhoods the ones that live in a house?

I have this same question! I have a lot of neighborhood related questions, but this isn't the right thread. But maybe just one off topic question?

Also, it seems that foodie trait and the culinary career greatly impact how quickly you gain that weight, as well as WHAT your sim eats. So eating salads instead of cake will lead to less weight gain. Take that with a grain of salt, as I do not have the game yet, but from the discussion that seemed to be the concensus. So possibly not having your less active sims just eating junk food will help reduce the impact, as well as just doing a little maintence exercise. I'm kind of worried myself about it, because the culinary career was one I really want to explore- but I don't want to constantly need to work out to maintain my sim. Ah well, when I get into the game I'll see how it all goes!!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    nateslice wrote: »
    Diedrupo wrote: »
    Seems like massive nitpicking to me. Really, who cares if you can't have a lazy skinny sim anymore?

Well, you also can't have an uncharismatic one, unless he avoids all human contact. And you can't have an unhandy one, unless you're willing to shell out the simoleons to replace all your stuff every couple of weeks or so.

I don't think this is completely accurate. Sure, as soon as my Sim sat down at the Piano, he got his first skill point. Then I believe it took him almost a full day to get to level 2 and that was with a lot of practice. I believe the gurus said they set the first level of the skill to show up immediately so the player would know right away what skills they can work on. If my sim doesn't keep practicing the Piano, he won't keep building that skill. I don't know if the charisma skill has additional practice required to build it to the higher levels or if it's purely based on socializing. I think it would be odd if all a sim had to do was chat with people to max out his charisma skill so if that's true then that is annoying.

As for the handiness, yes if you don't want to pay to replace, then it follows your Sim will either have to build his handiness skill, make a friend that will fix things for him, or do without that item until he can replace it. Doesn't mean you HAVE to make your sim build his handiness but if he doesn't then he'll have to live with the consequences.

I don't really follow the logic that just because some skills are going to be commonly developed that this will necessarily make the game boring. There are so many directions to go with the different skills and aspirations, when you add in careers, I'm not sure why all your Sims would end up being the same/having the same skills. My piano-playing Sim will likely never decide to build the woodworking skill. He went fishing for a brief time and gained level one in the Angler skill but I likely won't be having him build that any further.

Also, traits can be gained based on game play. So, you don't want a charismatic Sim? Keep him from socializing for a day and he'll develop the Loner trait. Not sure if that makes it harder to gain charisma skill (though it should) but my point is that game play will affect your Sim's traits which, in turn, can affect how quickly they develop other skills.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    i have a question, are there townies? or are the only sims in the neighborhoods the ones that live in a house?
    I have this same question! I have a lot of neighborhood related questions, but this isn't the right thread. But maybe just one off topic question?

There are some randomly-generated townies who don't have set homes. If you don't interact with them, they're eventually replaced by new ones.
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited September 2014
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I don't really follow the logic that just because some skills are going to be commonly developed that this will necessarily make the game boring. There are so many directions to go with the different skills and aspirations, when you add in careers, I'm not sure why all your Sims would end up being the same/having the same skills. My piano-playing Sim will likely never decide to build the woodworking skill. He went fishing for a brief time and gained level one in the Angler skill but I likely won't be having him build that any further.

The thing is, though, I think it will get boring quickly if all your sims develop the same four or five skills, and then only have one or two skills separating them. Especially if those separating skills have to take a back seat to the common skills due to time constraints.
  • ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    justin5812 wrote: »
    Your sims will get fat if they don't exercise frequently.

That's realistic though, is it not?

Not necessarily,I never exercise and I weight 123lbs....

• GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    I was surprised there is no repairman. Not exactly realistic.
    are there maids?

There are maids, yes. I think it's only because the devs decided they didn't want to put in a Cleaning skill.

As for the Charisma thing, my Sims 4 sim gained the first level of Charisma by walking up to a random dude and saying, "Hi, I'm Cassandra", followed by "How's your day going?". If it were that easy to become charismatic, I'd be the President right now because I greet people that way all the time.

Well, except I don't say my name is Cassandra.
    yeah but the first skill level in every skill pops up as soon as you start trying that skill object. im pretty sure say hi a dozen more times wouldnt be enough to reach charisma level 2.