Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Highlight and No Emotion Stingers mods released

HenekHenek Posts: 36 Member
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Mods
Hi, I just released my first mod for The Sims 4 (any Sims game actually).

It is a highly requested mod, it removes the white outline when hovering an object or sim.

The download can be found on Simlogical here:
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3198.0

Update:
I have now also made a mod to remove the emotion sounds:
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3199.0
Post edited by Henek on

Comments

• carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    do you think it is possible if you could make a no zzz for sleeping mod i have disabled zzz in all my sim games
    i hate it
  • IxathIxath Posts: 94 Member
    Great, thank you. I don't mind the outline but it's great seeing stuff starting to get released.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Henek wrote: »

It is a highly requested mod, it removes the white outline when hovering an object or sim.

Apologies I posted on the other thread but will ask again

First of all thanks so much it is one of my pet hates those white lines, also do they go into a mod folder, into packages, overrides and resource file the same way they did in Sims 3 and do they need updating with every patch? cant wait to try this when I get the game :D
  • HenekHenek Posts: 36 Member
    You can place the package file in the Mods folder or one subfolder (or you could edit the Resource.cfg), the setup should already be in place. This mod will probably never need to be updated.
    You can place the package file in the Mods folder or one subfolder (or you could edit the Resource.cfg), the setup should already be in place. This mod will probably never need to be updated.

when you say edit Resource.cfg what do you mean please? does this mean I don't need a mods folder then? great news that the mods don't need updating as that used to be a real pain to keep a check after patch days :D I don't have the game yet but can follow instruction once I understand correctly :D
  • HenekHenek Posts: 36 Member
    In your "The Sims 4" folder in your documents folder will already contain a "Mods" folder put there by EA. In this folder there is a "Resource.cfg" file just as the one we added for Sims 3, and it is configured to allow you to place .package files directly in the mods folder or a subfolder. You have to edit the Resource.cfg file if you want to have folders in a subfolder, otherwise you only need to place the package files there and start the game. I am currently using the default setup.
    In your "The Sims 4" folder in your documents folder will already contain a "Mods" folder put there by EA. In this folder there is a "Resource.cfg" file just as the one we added for Sims 3, and it is configured to allow you to place .package files directly in the mods folder or a subfolder. You have to edit the Resource.cfg file if you want to have folders in a subfolder, otherwise you only need to place the package files there and start the game. I am currently using the default setup.

Oh thanks Henek that sounds so simple and as much as I think i may not use Mods and CC in my heart I know its a lie :D
  • RLB08RLB08 Posts: 11 New Member
    Can someone make a mod for the censor blur?
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Yes, yes, yes, thank you! =3 It was annoying me and I hadn't even started playing.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Thank you so much for the mod that gets rid of the music that plays when an emotion changes! <3
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited September 2014
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

when you say edit Resource.cfg what do you mean please? does this mean I don't need a mods folder then? great news that the mods don't need updating as that used to be a real pain to keep a check after patch days :D I don't have the game yet but can follow instruction once I understand correctly :D

We don't know yet that mods won't need updating with patches. However, this is a file not likely to ever change. Until we start seeing more patches and expansions, we really don't know how much things will change.

To the OP: Thanks for this mod!
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

We don't know yet that mods won't need updating with patches. However, this is a file not likely to ever change. Until we start seeing more patches and expansions, we really don't know how much things will change.

To the OP: Thanks for this mod!

Thanks for that info much appreciated :D
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Thanks for that. I just posted about it in other thread without knowing about this one. :)
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

Update:
    I have now also made a mod to remove the emotion sounds:
    http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3199.0

Thank you for helping make TS4 bearable.

The no distance blur mod is the other one this game just can't be without.