Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• JayelleJayelle Posts: 1 New Member
    So I'm assuming that if I have a Intel GMA X3100 Graphics Card the game won't run on my laptop even though the sims 4 CAS demo & TS3 works fine?
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Jayelle wrote: »
    So I'm assuming that if I have a Intel GMA X3100 Graphics Card the game won't run on my laptop even though the sims 4 CAS demo & TS3 works fine?
    Unfortunately you will not be able to run ts4 :(
    You can run the risk of frying your system.. they are not meant for gaming and pushing it too hard will end in the chip overheating and failing.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Laurita721Laurita721 Posts: 48 New Member
    Guys, I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 - I played the entire TS3 with all expansion and stuff packs added on, now I try TS4 for 10 minutes it works fine - until the black screen I get when I click an object in buy mode. Surely I should be able to run this on low/medium settings, and this has to be an error not to do with my graphics card? :(
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    What does it mean for it to be integrated?
  • UDLMUDLM Posts: 49 Member
    Seems rather strange that my 4-year old 450 gts would have the same "color rating" as my brand new GT 630 that I bought 2 weekends ago.
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    integrated graphics is when the graphics chip is part of the cpu chip (Intel I series cpus and AMD APU series cpus) or older systems had the video chip in the chipset - there was not dedicated graphics chip (card). Integrated graphics chips usually perform poorly for games.

My very old GeForce 9800 GT (in my old gaming computer) runs TS4 just fine thank you very much.

udml - there is much rebranding in the video chip industry. Same old chip with minor improvements. What you get today is much like yesterday just with a different spin (exp: same chip but with improved dvd support which doesn't do much for gaming).
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • VivyellaVivyella Posts: 4 New Member
    I also have a NVIDIA GT 630, and when I play the Demo it runs fine for a while. Then my laptop tends to heat up and it freezes so that I'm only able to turn my Sim around and zoom in/out. And changing the setting to laptop mode only kept me playing a bit more :( before it eventually freezes up. (I turn everything I don't need off so that only Sims is running)

Sims3 on the other hand still worked fine even though my laptop heated up after playing a while - so is it possible that Sims4 won't really work though Sims3 does? I'm worried because the Demo isn't working as fine as I would hope (which is really confusing - I bought my laptop last year, and it should run the programm at least normaly I'd say).
  • isa_blyisa_bly Posts: 58 New Member
    I'm going to purchase a new laptop and the graphics card is NVIDIA GT 840M. Its not listed, does anyone know if it will be able to play the game or not?
  • abraelynabraelyn Posts: 9 New Member
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have a crappy Intel HD 2500. It does not meet the minimum specs, BUT it plays The Sims 4 just fine although it's not the best quality. Just thought I'd put this here in case anyone was worried that it wouldn't run the game like I was. :D
  • Laurita721Laurita721 Posts: 48 New Member
    I have INTEL HD 4000 and buy mode selecting object gives me a black screen - I assume you don't have this?! What is newer, yours or mine? So frustrated.
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    I didnt see it on the list but im thinking of buying a laptop with AMD Radeon HD 8670M graphics cards and a processor of 2.5GHz AMD A10-5750M Quad-Core will it run sims 4 if so what setting level?
  • abraelynabraelyn Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Laurita721 said:
    > I have INTEL HD 4000 and buy mode selecting object gives me a black screen - I assume you don't have this?! What is newer, yours or mine? So frustrated.

I have not seen a black screen. All of my graphic options are set to low. I'm really not sure which is newer, my computer is a little over two years old. I would assume your card is better/newer since it's a higher number? I don't know much about this game or graphic cards, but have you uninstalled the game and reinstalled it? Or maybe called to see if you got a bad copy? I'm sorry I'm not much help and that you're frustrated!!! I would be too!
  • janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    Has anyone tried playing on a laptop with a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics card yet?

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    I didnt see it on the list but im thinking of buying a laptop with AMD Radeon HD 8670M graphics cards and a processor of 2.5GHz AMD A10-5750M Quad-Core will it run sims 4 if so what setting level?

Hello,

Its on the list under "HD 86~0M", and is in orange, which suggests you would be able to play at medium settings.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
    UDLM wrote: »
    Seems rather strange that my 4-year old 450 gts would have the same "color rating" as my brand new GT 630 that I bought 2 weekends ago.

Hello,

The medium setting color rating (orange) ranges from low-medium to medium-high, so contains a majority of graphics cards.

Also, the way NVIDIA names stuff suggests the 'performance level' of the card; for example, on the GT 630, the first number indicates which series, and the second number indicates what performance level it is compared to other graphics cards in that series. So the GTS 450 is in the middle of performance for the 4-series, whereas the GT 630 is closer to the bottom of performance for the 6-series. The technological advances means a newer, but lower relative performance card for its series will be able to outperform an older but higher relative performance card for its series.

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    Has anyone tried running the game on a Navidia GeForce 8600m gt? This is the card I have thanks.
    Has anyone tried running the game on a Navidia GeForce 8600m gt? This is the card I have thanks.

Well according to the list, it should handle medium settings.

• JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    As I stated earlier, I do own a Nvidia Geforce GTX 780M and I can confirm that it is very overpowered for video games. I had to do so much work in the game files to make sure that my card would work with the Sims 3. It does however run the game with no need for a HQ mod, so I can't really complain.

I should be getting the Sims 4 tomorrow. I can post pictures just to show what the game looks like with my graphics card if that would help? :)
    Shell05231 wrote: »
    Hi, I checked when you were still adding them, but thought I'd be patient until you added them all, but you've not added the card I have, you've added all the ones around it, but not the one I have which is a Nvidia GeForce GT550M. I checked CYRI and it said I can, but it may be slower rendering etc, but my laptop is only 2 years old, so I wasn't going to upgrade it just for Sims 4 lol. I'll find out for sure Friday if it can run it, but just thought you might want to add my card, I don't think I'm the only one with the Dell XPS 17 laptop with that in lol.

I'll add it to the list :)

• pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited September 2014
    pam4402003 wrote: »
    I have noticed that you have the GT 640 in orange list, I have a 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB is this the same card as the one you have listed? I also been playing the Demo without any problems, just not sure now if I will have problems with the game or not. I have not bought the game yet and don't plan on it until I make sure I am ok with the card I have. Thank you for putting this list together it is a great help!!

Hello,

Its sort of on the borderline between medium and high settings (for the base game at least), and mainly depends on what type of memory the card has (GDDR5 vs DDR3, where GDDR5 memory is better). However, I think because 2GB GDDR5 GT 640s are rare, I expect the game will run at medium settings for you.

Cody

I also have a GTX 295 which came with my pc, I replaced it with the GT 640 because with sims 3 the GTX 295 did not run good. it ran VERY hot. So now I am wondering if I should put the GTX 295 back in for the sims 4 what is your thought on this? The GT 640 ran the sims 3 great on all high settings but not the GTX 295, so why would it run the sims 4 better? I am confused on all this stuff.
    edited September 2014
    ANNOUNCEMENT: The Intel Integrated series of graphics cards (namely the Intel HD series) are no longer part of the supported cards list, until further notice. This is due to the poor peformance and problems it has caused for a number of users, including the Deformed Baby situation. For more information, click here.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Cody

PS. This is NOT an EA official announcement.
    Post edited by CodySimstein on

I have noticed that you have the GT 640 in orange list, I have a 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB is this the same card as the one you have listed? I also been playing the Demo without any problems, just not sure now if I will have problems with the game or not. I have not bought the game yet and don't plan on it until I make sure I am ok with the card I have. Thank you for putting this list together it is a great help!!

Hello,

Its sort of on the borderline between medium and high settings (for the base game at least), and mainly depends on what type of memory the card has (GDDR5 vs DDR3, where GDDR5 memory is better). However, I think because 2GB GDDR5 GT 640s are rare, I expect the game will run at medium settings for you.

Cody

I also have a GTX 295 which came with my pc, I replaced it with the GT 640 because with sims 3 the GTX 295 did not run good. it ran VERY hot. So now I am wondering if I should put the GTX 295 back in for the sims 4 what is your thought on this? The GT 640 ran the sims 3 great on all high settings but not the GTX 295, so why would it run the sims 4 better? I am confused on all this stuff.

Hello,

It sounds to me that your GTX 295 had overheating problems which was throttling its performance, causing it to majorly underperform. The 'color rating' of the GTX 295 was based on information from the game files, however it could be the case that the GT 640 would run better for you.

Cody

• outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    ANNOUNCEMENT: The Intel Integrated series of graphics cards (namely the Intel HD series) are no longer part of the supported cards list, until further notice. This is due to the poor peformance and problems it has caused for a number of users, including the Deformed Baby situation. For more information, click here.

Cody

Wow is this an official announcement? If so I would be a little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I bought the game with an intel graphic card.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    What about the NIVIDA 9600?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

edited September 2014

Cody

Wow is this an official announcement? If so I would be a little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I bought the game with an intel graphic card.

It is only an announcement from the team that maintain this post, but this is NOT an EA official announcement. Sorry for any confusion.