Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tilting the Sims 4 Camera up and down?

rob1rob1 Posts: 8 New Member
Having problems... There is no way to t i l t the camera up and down.. anyone know how?

Comments

• ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    I believe that if you go into Game Options --> Camera and Controls you can get "sims 3 camera" and use left mouse + mouse movement to fix this. I had to enable that to make the camera spin for me.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Ohh, nice. I saw a review yesterday from someone who had it and apparently didn't know there was an option to do that. I really hope so or a lot of storytellers will be upset, and people who like to showcase builds.. and sims, and pretty much most everyone. I used tilt all the time.
  • DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Oh! Thanks for telling me how to do this!
  • SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I believe that if you go into Game Options --> Camera and Controls you can get "sims 3 camera" and use left mouse + mouse movement to fix this. I had to enable that to make the camera spin for me.

Thank you! I will try that. This new camera thing is terrible.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I hate the new camera, im getting episodes of motion sickness from it. The sims 3 control is better but not great
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I also am having a time of it with the new? camera.
  • MadaphorMadaphor Posts: 78 Member
    If you hold the Control key while mousing, it'll tilt the camera. I think... I've been playing since midnight, so my brain's not really functioning properly at the moment.
  • mmflifletmmfliflet Posts: 54 Member
    You can also do ctrl then use the up and down arrows. I was stuck about how to tilt the camera angle but found that this way worked too!
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've been playing Sims 2 for the past few weeks. I really like the top-down view button to toggle back and forth. I wish there was something comparable in Sims 4.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • alia_26alia_26 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I, like many, am a long time Simmer, playing before it really grew in popularity. I own every single expansion AND stuff packs since the original Sims game. I realize there are always changes/upgrades, many are well received and some we can't wait for the newest expansions to alleviate any thorns in our side. I preordered Sims 4 as soon as it was available, waiting an eternity for its release date. Now that its here, my first impression is, could the developers have made it any more ridiculous to maneuver in game?? I can't believe that I have to get on the internet and do a search to find out how to simply tilt the camera angle in the Sims 4. Really? I know I have to acclimate myself to the new location of items and functions, anything new is an adjustment; but I just can't help to think, "🐸🐸🐸🐸, who in the world thought this set-up was conducive to in-game play?!!" I feel like its a disorganized mess, nothing stream-lined with four locations for functions (the bottom right, the bottom middle, the bottom left, the upper right hand corner). I feel like I have Attention Deficit Disorder while playing. While the new features are cool, I feel the execution in using them is quite the hassle. And do we even have the ability to edit color shading of items like in the Sims 3 ?? I know I couldn't in Create-A-Sim for any of the coloring, for example, six colors for a dress and no ability to make it darker or lighter or change colors of parts of an item. I think my disappointment will be at an all time high if that ability is gone !!
  • CrazySimGirl23CrazySimGirl23 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I tot[quote="litabelaqua;12551639"]I hate the new camera, im getting episodes of motion sickness from it. The sims 3 control is better but not great[/quote]

I Totally agree!! I really hope they do something about this...it's horrible!!
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Besides going into the game settings you can also toggle back between sims 3 camera and the new camera this way:

"John Berges @SimGuruJohn
    Follow
    @SimsVIP Also, hitting Ctrl+Shift+Tab will toggle the camera modes on the fly."

I find hot keys extremely helpful when I remember them.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2014
    i have to hit tab every time a new lot loads because the angle is too high. so i hit tab reposition the camera with mouse as i like and then hit tab again to exit and the camera drops to a lower better position
  • DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited September 2014
    For angling up or down, I enabled the TS3 camera in options, and then hold down the mouse wheel while dragging the mouse forward or backward. The camera is still horrible, though, and edge scrolling doesn't work for me so well on the bottom of the screen. I hope they improve it...soon.
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I've been playing Sims 2 for the past few weeks. I really like the top-down view button to toggle back and forth. I wish there was something comparable in Sims 4.

When you are in buy/build mode, you can press "T" and it will do a top-down view like in TS2 ;)
  • CrazySimGirl23CrazySimGirl23 Posts: 5 New Member
    Is it just me or is there a lot of lagging and bugs??? I can't get the music to shut up in the backround!!! Ugh!
  • exmk000exmk000 Posts: 14 New Member
    So is there NO up and down tilt with the default camera controls? Because I actually prefer those to the Sims 3 ones, aside from no tilt.
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    You can tilt by holding the middle button on the mouse down and pulling mouse forward or back.
    > @simmey1 said:
    > You can tilt by holding the middle button on the mouse down and pulling mouse forward or back.

That only works with the Sims 3 camera. I prefer the default controls, but that doesn't seem to have a tilt option...
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    have you tried using ctrl and right clicking at the same time?
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    Ohh, nice. I saw a review yesterday from someone who had it and apparently didn't know there was an option to do that. I really hope so or a lot of storytellers will be upset, and people who like to showcase builds.. and sims, and pretty much most everyone. I used tilt all the time.

That's the problem with a lot of reviews. People don't know about things, can't find them, then report that it's a major flaw, when in fact they are incorrect. So I hope people actually read multiple reviews before making decisions about buying things. Anything, not just games.
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Is it just me or is there a lot of lagging and bugs??? I can't get the music to shut up in the backround!!! Ugh!

I haven't had any lagging or bugs so far. I don't play with music, so I can't speak for that issue.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    DCExplorer wrote: »
    For angling up or down, I enabled the TS3 camera in options, and then hold down the mouse wheel while dragging the mouse forward or backward. The camera is still horrible, though, and edge scrolling doesn't work for me so well on the bottom of the screen. I hope they improve it...soon.
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

When you are in buy/build mode, you can press "T" and it will do a top-down view like in TS2 ;)
    Thank you for letting me know! Very much appreciated!

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • SmileeeSmileee Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Nik24X7 said:
    > I've been playing Sims 2 for the past few weeks. I really like the top-down view button to toggle back and forth. I wish there was something comparable in Sims 4.

There is, push the T key on your keyboard to toggle back and forth.
    > @MelissaStarbees said:
    > have you tried using ctrl and right clicking at the same time?

Yes, doesn't work.
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Hold the button in the middle of the mouse down then move the mouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top