Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• tetigistustetigistus Posts: 8 New Member
    I've only been playing a few hours, but my overall impression has been very positive. The sims themselves are an absolute delight! The first one that did the peepee dance to the restroom made me laugh out loud. The animations are very enjoyable and the sims themselves absolutely charming. The sims accomplish tasks quickly and little fuss, which is fantastic. I don't feel like I'm spending all day meeting their basic needs or fighting routing issues in tight rooms. I had one squeeze by a wall to pass another sim bent over the counter, cooking, and I couldn't have been more delighted. I have to say, the most positive thing I see about the game is how solid it seems. I haven't had any bugs or crashes or weird stability issues. The game runs smoothly and my load times are short. People have been criticizing the lack of an "open world", and it startled me at first too, but I think some have forgotten that the Sims3 story progression had major issues right out of the gate (short answer - it didn't work), and there was a lot of griping about how broken it seemed. There were routing issues that made the game hang constantly, and it's still not very stable, even with a bunch of patches. Sims4 seems a solid foundation for the content to come, both Maxis and user-made. And I'm 100% okay with no toddlers. I found them obnoxious and pointless and am okay with a toddler-free Sims4.

As far as issues:
    I do agree with a choice for an opt-out for the tutorial. Also, a way to pivot the camera up and down. The angle can be awkward. The lack of content will be solved in time, I'm sure.

Overall thoughts are highly positive. There seems to be some anxiety about the new nature of the neighborhoods, but some sort of creative tool might assuage a little bit of that. Like a world editor or something.
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    I'm really not liking:
    the non relationships. Example: One of my sims' bf died and she wasn't notified. I've read a lot where sims are not reacting to cheating,etc...that's not right. This needs to be done ASAP. It doesn't feel like the sims without them getting jealous or mad when their SO is flirting with someone else.

The evil spawn baby also has to go. They look like aliens.

It seems like things take a little bit longer than they should, but I'm glad the days seem longer; that time is not rushing by.

I'd also like to add plots to the world. I hope that comes soon.

Also, let us decide how many days we want for each age.

A HUGE one: Make it were we can change the last names of the females when they get married

color wheel. Yep, I'm missing that still.

The things I'm liking:
    the graphics are awesome

the way we have to do things to advance our careers and get our aspirations done

The cooking is awesome

I haven't built yet, but my dd has and she says it's awesome

I'm loving how you can go into CAS when you want to plan outfit and you can do the whole household and also change their appearance at the same time! Kudos to that!

That's all I can think of right now for both good and bad. I'm sure I'll have more the longer I play. I'll add another comment when I do. :)
  • Kendra326Kendra326 Posts: 515 Member
    I LOVE it so far! Going into the Sims 3 from 2 I didn't like the way the graphics looked and the game play was confusing. I ended up playing The Sims 2 for months, maybe even a year, before I got into 3. Now, I really love the new game. I think it's great. I love the high detail of the sims, they literally look phenomenal. However, as someone who plays for the building of houses primarily, I feel like the high quality of the sim characters has come at the expense of the quality of the rest of the game. The furnishings and house details seem less detailed than before to me. Maybe it's just me. That's the only real complaint I have thus far. I just wish the look and feel of of the housing/furntiure was better. The items almost look goofy, fake, not realistic at all. They look more cartoonish maybe? I don't know, I guess I'm just saying that I wished they looked a bit more detailed. But I love the game overall, it is fabulous!
  • corinaselancorinaselan Posts: 13 New Member
    well, i havent bought it yet because I did hear about some changes i personally think are concerning and watching some gameplay and reading reviews, sorta show me that I might be right that i held off, but i hope someone can change my mind cause im a a big sims fan and would hate to see this one sinking so bad.

for me what would have me love the sims4:

improved create a style, giving more options like adding sparkles and stuff like this or even creat your own furniture the way u want it to look like
    - sims4: no create a style at all from what ive heard and seen

better performance for slower pcs( i have an alienware 17 and i have short loading times, but not everyone has a gaming computer)
    + sims4 definitely has that, but no open world

more options in the open world to create your town like caw tool does for u
    -----big minus here there is no open world. its terrible and a huuuuge step back imo, probably the biggest issue i have with sims4. like some people mentioned, it feels like a console game.

careers:i loved the lifeguard job as i could actually go rescue people in the ocean and was sorta hoping the sims 4 would focus on stuff like this too so we can actually visit our sims at work and even perform tasks...

-----big minus here too we are back to sims 1 and 2 with this one...or even worse

teenagers:i loved making families with the teenager options of grounding them or they end up in the timeout etc. loved the prom options and was hoping to get that one improved with the sims4. i wanted an option to actually follow my sim into school and perform tasks there, even deal with bullying and all that.
    - i havent seen any improvements so far in gameplay videos also teeenagers look like adults.

toddlers and babies: even though im not huge on babies and usually age them up quickly, i did like the teaching them how to walk and talk and would have loved more options for childrens, babies and toddlers in the sims 4

- - sims 4 removed toddlers. i know expansions will probably bring them back but a base game without them is bad!!

supernaturals:i know they will add the supernaturals in an expansion, i love supernatural beings. i wasnt too fond of the zombies appearing every full moon in the sims 3 , but i loved that i could create my fairy or vampire or even genie in cas. when we got mermaids and diving lots i spent days creating divinglots and had fun with my mermaid and somewhat was hoping i could make secret fairy worlds and underwater towns for mermaids with more mermaid options.i was also hoping that sims would react differntly to supernaturals like surprised or omg its a mermaid and supernaturals would be reacting differently to humans too not just live among them like its normal.

- minus on that one because with the way the open world is, u wont get diving lots or anything like that. i doubt with the expansions that we will get any improvements on that one, there arent even pools /swimmware and if i was on the ea team id know how popular elves/faries and especially the demand for mermaids with lots of options are!people wanted diving lots and mermaids being able to live underwater.

building: being able to get round walls and beautiful palaces or even a skyscraper etc:

+and- from what i have seen so far there are improvements for sure and i like that u can move parts around that u have already built, but without create a style and no pools, there is a biiig thing missing right there and no basements?!?!?!

freedom: what makes me love the sims is that i can do whatever i want wherever i want whenever i want. basically making up my own story and play it through. the sims 3 really started picking up on that one. i made a crazy scientist locking up supernaturals and i could do that if i wanted to. i could have my mermaid stay mainly in the ocean etc. i wanted more improvements in the freedom area for the sims 4:

-: the sims 4 restricts certain objects to be unlocked only if u have a certain skillevel..so irl if i wanna buy a painting i like cause i have the money for it, i gotta go to painting school? i cant go jogging at night to the middle of nowhere cause i have to select some random stale map icon, cause no open world, i cant sneak out with my teenager, i cant even teach my teenager how to drive, i have no toddlers and people are saying u are sorta forced to do certain tasks...sorry but i dont play sims that way ever. if i am still getting the sims4 which i doubt atm, then i want 100% freedom in all aspects of the game. i dont wanna be forced to do anything cause that limits my gameplay a lot.

i will keep playing the sims3 for now and continue my black widow challenge where i can drag people out into the open world and kill them in the middle of nowhere while leveling my assassin skills up. unless anyone could change my mind....
  • Mlee0332Mlee0332 Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2014
    What I don't like:

I think ultra speed is a bit too slow. And I miss ultra speed through current action. That would be great to have back.

I think there need to be restaurants available. The night club is good, but I'd like more options for dates.

What I do like:

So far, I am really liking the build tools. Very easy to use.

Really like the sims' being able to multitask. That has been a very neat addition to the game.

Also very impressed with the almost non-existent load times. I'm talking seconds as opposed to 5-10 minutes with sims 3.

Auto Solve on needs is awesome!
  • lizcardosolizcardoso Posts: 5 New Member
    I have so so many things to say about TS4. But like many others here I have been playing TS for 14 years and when you think about it, through the years TS has changed dramatically. Both feature and customization wise. But I feel like TS4 has left me sort of dumbfounded and sort of just sad more than happy and excited.

Things I did like:
    1. The body customization. I LOVE this feature in TS4!!!! There are endless possibilities in how I can go about with this.
    2. "Styled looks" tab in the clothes section. TS4's pre-made selections were not too shabby. It made it a whole lot easier for me to pick and match clothes with limited amount of selections like we have now.
    3. (This is a hate it/love it thing) I can just now click on a baby to trigger its age.
    4. I loved cooking in TS so to have the option to cook things like fish tacos and even learn gourmet food is awesomeeeee.
    5. Some of the jobs offered. Although it strays from the original TS choices it makes me happy we can be secret agents and such.
    6. The moods and styles of walks. It adds a cute sense.
    7. Super fast start up and no lags/hiccups,.

Things I did not like:
    1. Limited options in CAS for clothes.
    2. Being a cute toddler has now been taken out of the equation of TS life and aging up is as fasts as a baby is brought into the sims world.
    3. The closed world. We again have to see the loading screen every single time we go to another place.
    4. When all of your sims are gone for the day, you just sit there, waiting for them to come home. You cannot even see if they are ok or hungry, or stressed.
    5. If you don't bring the whole house with you to say, the gym, you can't go back and forth, you can only focus on one sim. I didn't really care for that... I really like the fact that you could go back and forth, from sim to sim.
    6. "Testingcheatsenabled true" doesn't work quite right anymore (or for now) and if you don't use cheats, GOOD FOR FREAKIN YOU.
    7. The colorwheel is now gone...

My suggestions:
    Well, to just add more content and we can then see from there. I would love more options of course but if it's pushin it. I will always love the sims.

Overall:
    I love it and hate it. I can't seem to make up my mind. It is extremely hard to go from something like TS3 and then to TS4 with gameplay like TS2. I know a lot of people will disagree with that, I really don't mind. It's really more of an opinion from an experienced simmer. Either way, I love this franchise and will continue to support it. And honestly, I am so happy I didn't uninstall TS3, I don't think I'm quite done with that gam yet!
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited September 2014
    Things I like:
    There are townies everywhere! Yay!
    The art is very gorgeous. I love the design of the town and the style of everything.
    There are some fun new interactions (pregnancy tests, yall)
    The romance interactions are very fun
    The new building tools, overall
    A lot of the new goofy things sims do are funny and I LOL'd many times (the "I have to pee" walk!!)

Things I don't like:
    Doing social interactions is tedious because it's time consuming searching for what I want to do. They aren't categorized well like in TS3
    The multitasking needs some tweaking, because the sims have a few bugs/clipping problems while doing some things while chatting.
    Most bugs are very very minor, but occur frequently. (Like objects getting stuck in hands)

Things that REALLY 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off:
    LOADING SCREENS.
    Getting rid of the open world.
    Not able to edit lots.
    Taking away personality traits.
    Taking away the cars, the taxis, the bicycles..
    I do not like teleporting sims.
    I do not like the way you can't do anything with your sim while he's at work (can't view needs or inventory)
    I do not like having to pull things out of my inventory before I can use them.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Blu_KennedyBlu_Kennedy Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry,I've been trying to use the builder and I've decided I hate it. I need to look "DOWN" on the floor plan and see the grid. I can't see to place objects or see how the rooms work in size. It's extremely frustrating working blind like that. Who's idea was it to make build that way not being able to see the relationship of the rooms to each other and to make adjustments.
  • AyaBabeAyaBabe Posts: 311 Member
    1. What you liked
    2. What you didn't like
    3. Suggestions?
    4. Overall thoughts?

1. I LIKE that Sims can have a party/event at other Sim's houses, mixologists are a base feature (used to drive me batty constantly editing my whole towns to include them/features in TS3), the new career options, more cooking options, more group interactions, up-to-date furnishings/houses and that there are finally MORE SIMS out and about.

2. I DON'T LIKE the hard to control screens that require more button pushes and holds on my pc mouse, no wildlife, that you can't move out individual Sims when moving to another lot, scheduling a party means it immediately takes place (yeah, right), can't interact with babies away from their cribs, can't see when/if a Sim has given birth to a baby (when an outside Sim is impregnated), no family tree, takes a long time to build skills because high needs and emotions/distractions get in the way more, can only call household to meal AFTER you have grabbed a plate - causing active Sim to grab 2nds, I'm not a big fan of CAS - dislike having to create a Sim just to start playing, I don't care much for the multitude of goals for parties/dates and LASTLY, the LOADING EVERY TIME YOU GO ANYWHERE, even if it's just to the house next door (a n n o y i n g)!

3. I already think we need an expansion pack just for the basic things that are missing such as police, repair men - please don't make us wait a whole 6 months!

4. This in a way seems like it should've been TS3 and TS3 should've been TS4, in some ways this one feels like a step backward. I already feel boredom creeping up on me after playing for most of the day (it came out TODAY) because it's just so stripped down. I probably won't play much until decent expansions come out.
  • DanniBarnesDanniBarnes Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been playing the sims since the original sims many yrs ago. I have to say that this game is so bad. I've never been so disappointed. It makes me wish I could get my money back. It plays like a console game which I can't stand. I play the computer version for a reason. You can no longer explore the neighborhood by walking around or driving in a car. Really don't care for the emotions. I think I may just go back to sims 3 even though it keeps freezing on my computers. Making the sims 4 work better on lower run computers was a good idea but think in the process it lost it appeal.
  • HotAgentHatty2HotAgentHatty2 Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2014
    What I liked:

-The graphics.
    -I liked the emotions
    -The gameplay itself was very smooth.
    -I like that it had the added option to have a sims 3 camera control, otherwise I would be stuck learning new controls.

What I didn't like:

-I didn't like that I couldn't check my sims needs when they were at work
    -The loading screens even though they're incredibly fast on my computer
    -The fact that I had a sim baby and I aged her up, and instant child. It STILL boggles my mind. Two adult life stages but no toddler? Why are Teens, Adults & Elders are same height?
    -Also, each world is so small! I feel like there's no place to explore.
    -There's not enough time! It's like my sims eat, pee, sleep, work. All work no play! I hate whenever my sim is eating, or something similar, and all of a sudden they stop to chat for like 2 hours and never get to finish their drink. Nono. :#
    -Whenever I first played it, I couldn't find the premade sim I had made in CAS demo which upset me.
    -I couldn't move someone out, or kick them out?...
    Yup I think that's all, for now.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    @lizcardoso You can switch between Sims in different lots.
  • KittyRobbieKittyRobbie Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2014
    No option to adopt???? My sims are lesbians, and I used to could adopt. Do not see an option for that. At least make a fertility clinic!! And where's the map? I can't see the whole town to let my sims go anywhere. All I can see is their poor house.
    The option to adopt is an interaction on the computer I believe. And IIRC you hit "m" Sims 3 style and it takes you to the world map so you can travel.
    I cant edge scroll down and I noticed im not the only one.
    I had this problem too but the trick is to not move the mouse all the way to the bottom of the screen. If you hover the mouse just above the thin little bar part of the UI at the bottom, it should turn in to the magnifying glass or whatever it is, and then let the edge scrolling begin.

Anyway, here's why I came in to this thread:

I played for about 4 hours last night and went to bed thinking "well that was ok, not terrible, not super amazing."

After another 4 hour play session today, I came away thinking "I love it, so glad I bought it." And I only finally decided to buy it Monday.

What I like:

It's not easy. I always found Sims 3 a bit boring because it was so easy to max out their mood. Here I'm finding it a challenge to keep them fed, rested, entertained etc as well as complete their job tasks, work towards their aspiration, keep the place clean etc. I really really like it.

Multitasking. Amazing. Dancing while chatting with a Sim sitting at the table. Inviting a Sim over while playing a computer game. The first thing my Sim did was watch TV and play on her tablet at the same time. I do that ALL the time. :D

I love that you can get your old familiar Sims 3 style camera controls back. I tried the new ones for about 10 minutes, had to switch. Creature of habit.

Time feels much more realistic. I can't remember specific examples from TS3 but it seemed like it took hours and hours to cook and eat, or shower and use the washroom. Here it feels like things take a normal amount of time to do. Love it.

Build mode is awesome. Love that you can move pretty much everything, cabinets, curtains, pictures etc to different heights on the walls. And there's a slot for deco on one of the bookshelves!

What I don't like:

Stairs have to have a railing on both sides, didn't see an option to remove the "middle" railing if I've got two or more sets of stairs next to each other. Maybe it's just me but I think it looks weird.

Argh, gotta go to work, I have more, will add later maybe. This is already a novel.
    Post edited by KittyRobbie on
  • DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    This game could be great. The base game has mechanics in place for a lot of long term fun, but we really need some expansions or at least a Sims 4 Store already so we can get more steady content. I can foresee myself getting bored of the vanilla game after a week or less.
  • FreakStormer3FreakStormer3 Posts: 1 New Member
    ​i like the game but there are some things that drive me insane it took me forever to figure out where some of the controls are. I also miss the chance to create your own color choice on clothing and other stuff. The way you move items around to get them facing the right way is also odd. the last thing that i honestly hate more than anything is the traveling part, you cant switch between characters when one have traveled with one of your Sims i like the way it use to be you could follow them to their jobs. that is my biggest pet peeve about this game. In the end the game seems to just have been downgraded in some places. i really hope that is changed if not i just wasted a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tone of money for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game i would rather play Sims 3 if things are not changed
  • MANIIC4SIMSMANIIC4SIMS Posts: 14 New Member
    I am thoroughly enjoying the Sims 4 game. In this past month, I started playing my old sims 2 games just for fun. I'm really happy I did too, with the return of loading it doesn't make it for a drastic change. The new features are awesome! I love how the whole personality change makes the Simmies come alive. Having all the expansions from Sims 3, and getting rewards for it in this game, made a nice surprise for all the new clothing choices too. I would say the CAS is amazing, and love the new hat features too. Thank you for that! The new ways to move around are a bit tricky, but I like how the camera swivels now. Build mode is a whole new experience too. Fun! The colors in the game are gorgeous as well. Thank you also for bringing humor back to the game. Sims 2 had me laughing hard, Sims 3 was a bit too serious, and now, I'm laughing hard again. It's a true pleasure to experience.

When I first came in here a few hours ago, I was getting worried I wouldn't be happy with the game. I read a lot of people's complaints but I don't think they have given the game a fair chance. I remember when Sims 3 came out, and everyone had a lot of the similar complaints. "The game is too slow, The neighborhood is too small, and so forth. In every game I have played with the Sims, I have always wished for more time in the day. I will agree with everyone on that, but not just for this new game but for all of them. Once the Simsters get a job, their needs are overwhelming. As for the small neighborhood, let's recall the Pleasant view town. It was small but we all ended up loving the town people anyways. I know it's hard to adapt to change but change can be good. Smile people, and be happy.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the game. I think one has to look at it as it's a whole new gaming experience. That's what it really is, and the fun has only begun. "YAY!"

HAPPY SIMMING!
  • RATM_18RATM_18 Posts: 1 New Member
    this is ridiculous i have the sims 4 and installed but i cant play it till tomorrow this is messed up
  • srodrig2005srodrig2005 Posts: 50 Member
    Things I like - ability to have group conversations. The new animation, the new build/buy and CAS. Things I HATE is the backwards steps to the neighborhood. I thought we had advanced from the Sims 2 but this one is much worse. I have a load screen every time I want to change lots??? Too much time spent with the maintenance sleep, eat, hygiene etc. Can't even go anywhere or do anything without those dropping. The world is sooooo small. It is boring.

I wish they had done a much better job with this. It is not enough to keep me interested or feeling it is worth dealing with the bad for the good. If they had only kept the Sims 3 and added the new good parts from this. Sorry but The Sims 3 was much better and I will be returning to it. I hate spending all my time in load screens.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2014
    What you liked
    Smooth gameplay. I love the woodworking table. The town looks great. I absolutely love the little dolls you can find (I've forgotten what they're called already).

What you didn't like
    The controls are not quite as intuitive/user friendly as they were in Sims 3.
    The game doesn't have any interesting venues, which means it seems like it'll get boring quickly. The museum, gym and library are dull as dishwater. I also really miss the grocery store the graveyard and bookstore.

Suggestions?
    I think the game needs:
    A repairman and gardener
    Graveyard
    Junkyard
    A Restaurant they can sit down in
    Toddlers
    Pools
    Basements
    More interesting careers
    Vampires and witches

Overall thoughts?
    I really like it, and I'm enjoying it a lot. But it REALLY REALLY needs more interesting venues. Seriously badly. The town feels very empty and bare, even though it's pretty and there are lots of people. But it'll be an awesome game after a couple of expansions. And please never, ever put another gym in any more worlds ever again. It's a boring waste of space, and we already have one.
  • cesilee_jocesilee_jo Posts: 1 New Member
    Scary babies! Has anyone else had a baby glitch out really creepy??? It had long scary fingers and its eyes bugged out!
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    > Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!
    >
    > For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.
    >
    > Share: * What you liked
    > * What you didn't like
    > * Suggestions?
    > * Overall thoughts?
    >
    > I like the game personally!
    > I didn't like that there were hardly anywhere to go. No eye lashes. No vehicles at all. I don't like the camera angles. I'm >so use to moving the camera how I want and it won't allow me to pull the angle downward. No appliances (dish washer, garbage disposer, no food processor, burglar alarm). My Sim house caught on fire. He left the house but couldn't call the fire department. I thought that the friendship levels would have been better. The Sim lost friends.
    I'm ready for a expansion pack! I had a minor glitch but it fixed itself.
    My computer really can not run the game. However it's running the game fine. I'm a diehard Sims fan. A little pricey. I don't know what I paid for. Overall... I love the game!
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    > Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!
    >
    > For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.
    >
    > Share: * What you liked
    > * What you didn't like
    > * Suggestions?
    > * Overall thoughts?
    >
    >
    > If you are experiencing issues, they are best posted here:
    >
    >
    > Or here:
    >
    What I didn't like?

Well, I didn't like the fact there is no pools, no toddlers, I can't really do much with my baby like in sims 3, no garages, no auto roof (unless I am missing it) the towns seem to small, I can't see businesses, schools, etc. It really just makes everything feel so empty. Oh, and I've been playing since 11 AM..my sims has yet to meet another teen / child sim..

Suggestions?

Please add in those things..they are what made Sims 3 enjoyable. Toddlers should have been there, as well as the pools and garages..

Overall Thoughts?

Seems like a large downgrade from Sims 3 to me, with losing most of what I will enjoy. I honestly wish I had waited to spend 80$ for it..I was not expecting a lot of stuff to be cut like that (especially the small towns...looking at Willow Creek right now and I see 13 prebuilt houses and three lots. No school, one large park, no town hall)

The game really just feels empty right now, and I hope you can bring that stuff back..
  • sweetest85sweetest85 Posts: 194 Member
    Overall I am loving The Sims 4...

What I like...

- Create a Sim is awesome and we have some really good clothing choices
    - It runs so smoothly on my computer and loading and save times are quick as well
    - Love the new build mode
    - I love how the counters and upper cabinets are working now
    - I love the gallery

What I like but could probably be tweaked a bit...

- I like the ideas of the neighborhoods, I just wish there were more towns than just Oasis Springs and Willow Creek.. I guess maybe down the road in an expansion or store download that might happen (if there is a store type thing)
    - I like how sims gain weight if they don't eat healthy but its a little drastic and hard to get their weight back to normal.

What I do not like ...
    - Where are the dishwashers?
    - Lack of pools of course (broken record I'm sure)
    - I miss vehicles... or at least vehicles that are decorative for in our yards (expansion?)
    - I miss pets (expansion?)
    - I miss weather (expansion?)
    - The lack of jobs... where are the police, medical, science, military, education, musician career tracks (probably others I miss too but those are just a few)?

XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I cant edge scroll down and I noticed im not the only one.
    I had this problem too but the trick is to not move the mouse all the way to the bottom of the screen. If you hover the mouse just above the thin little bar part of the UI at the bottom, it should turn in to the magnifying glass or whatever it is, and then let the edge scrolling begin.

Thank you for that! It was driving me crazy :s It will be odd having to be precise on mouse placement on that one edge, but I guess I can see why they did it given that's where the UI controls are as well. Although I don't remember having to do that in Sims 3...

Anyway - my first thoughts on TS4... I've only had the game about 2 1/2 hours and really only "played" for about 20 minutes - mostly tutorial stuff and exploring the small public space in the neighborhood where my house is. The rest of the time I was trying to fool around with build/buy mode. But, here are my first impressions:

*While outside of my house (even in my own yard) I was approached by multiple sims; however, the neighborhood public space was not "full of people" as has been stated by official EA demos and elsewhere. I could see one or two sims around at any given time. Not that much different from Sims 3 for me. Most of the people were nice to talk to, but one approached just to make an insulting comment which was annoying. My sim started to get riled up in return, and I had to re-direct her before her mood went south. (EMOTIONS!)
    *The world is really lovely to look at. I like the details on the plants. Probably more than I liked the early Sims 3 plants. Not a huge fan of the terrain paints though. Need some more variety (less neon) there. And some lower cost plants would be nice, too. Missing my $1 hydrangea for starter homes :D
    *Excited to get into the building tools. (will have to be after work tomorrow *cry*) The extra details on the buildings like roof trims and friezes are much appreciated. From what I can see, the EA basic in-game houses are MUCH improved over Sims 3.
    *Nice variety of decor items in the base game, and on first glance they look much nicer than the base game decor items we had in Sims 3. Unfortunately, the prices are even more unrealistic than in TS3 - $50 for a toilet paper roll. Really? And the prices only go up from there.
    *In CAS - the clothes for kids are SO cute! HUGE improvement over Sims 3.
    *Fishing is weird - you click on a fishing sign not on the water to fish. Small detail, but an odd game design choice IMO. I've done farming/fishing legacies in Sims 3, so this was not an insignificant detail to me.
    *My sim wants to garden as an aspiration, but there were no obvious seed collectibles around the neighborhood, and, of course, no market to buy plants from; so not really sure how that's going to work as of yet. I guess I'll figure it out eventually unless a helpful tutorial pops up soon.
    *I was pleasantly surprised by the number of design options on SOME of the build items. Some are still rather limited, and CASt is dearly missed despite having 15-20 color combos to pick on one dining chair I saw.
    *The annoying white outline around sims and objects when you mouse over them is not as bad as I thought it would be from viewing the demos. I still would like the option to turn it off, but it's not terrible. The same with the interface noises. The "click" sounded irritating on the demos, but it didn't seem as noticeable when I was controlling it.
    *"Worlds" are VERY small. There's no getting around that fact. Even with the options of the two "worlds" together... still seems VERY small compared to just Sunset Valley in Sims 3.
    *Somehow, this does not really feel like a PC game to me. I don't know if it's the graphics or the UI or the world structure... but it's something. I'm strictly a PC gamer - no consoles. Ever. But I have played some Facebook/online games. TS4 just doesn't have the same PC feel I'm used to. Call me crazy, but when I pay $60 for a PC game, I don't want it to feel like a casual game or console game interface. And I really think it does, just a little bit.

Overall so far - 6/10. I think it has potential for enjoyable game play. I'm a big RPG fan, too; so some of the mini-goals actually appeal to me. As long as they are truly optional and don't affect my sim's EMOTIONS, that is. I haven't left my house or public space neighborhood yet in true gameplay, so I'm still not sure how I'll feel about the loading screens when I'm immersed in a family. Reserving judgement on that. And I've not tried to design my own house from scratch, so reserving judgement on the full build/buy options as well (which is a HUGE part of how I enjoy The Sims).

I'll post more after I've played more :smiley:
  • lizcardosolizcardoso Posts: 5 New Member
    > @renzilla said:
    > lizcardoso You can switch between Sims in different lots.

Not what I meant. I wanted to switch between sims in the same household. For example when one goes to the gym, the other is grayed out and it gives options like, "Take care of self" or something similar.