Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IMPORTANT: Color Magic packages need to be re-created for the released game!

The various mesh IIDs for outfits have changed between when the CAS Demo was released and when the full game preloaded!

This means that the recolored items from the CAS Demo will NOT WORK on the full game. You will need to download Color Magic 0.5.0 or later and choose The Sims 4 from the dropdown and recreate the packages for your items.

You should be able to simply re-import the texture files into these new packages (be sure to use the new UNKN entries so the instance numbers don't change!)

If you don't have Color Magic 0.5.0 or later, please download it here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404
Grant (granthes)
Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things

Comments

• QTBrniisQTBrniis Posts: 200 Member
    @granthes Thanks for the info and the link. I knew I needed to hold off on trying my hand at creating CC, and thankfully I didn't d/l too much of it either!
  • missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    by using the new unk entries you mean that we have to export the textures, edit them in ps and then import them again?. we can't use the edited ones we already have? right?
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    edited September 2014
    by using the new unk entries you mean that we have to export the textures, edit them in ps and then import them again?. we can't use the edited ones we already have? right?

Actually, just find the UNKN entry that is the "Before" texture in the new package and then re-import your already edited texture. No need to re-texture them. :smile:
    Grant (granthes)
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    I figured something would be up. The custom content was cute in the demo, I can't wait for my favorites to be updated for the full game. Hopefully they won't have to be updated every time a new expansion releases.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Again thanks for this, do you know if the CC will crash or prevent the game from opening.
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Again thanks for this, do you know if the CC will crash or prevent the game from opening.

I don't know about the game itself, but the CAS Demo was really sensitive to having valid .package files in the mods folder. If you put odd files in there and named them something.package, it would keep the demo from loading.

We'll know in about 5 hours if that can happen to the game too :)
    Grant (granthes)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    granthes wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I don't know about the game itself, but the CAS Demo was really sensitive to having valid .package files in the mods folder. If you put odd files in there and named them something.package, it would keep the demo from loading.

We'll know in about 5 hours if that can happen to the game too :)
    Thanks! Is it now five hours :) if you don't mind can you eith nam drop me here or post anything you think pertinent in my installation help thread I'd really appreciate it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775785/installing-base-problems-solutions#latest
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Thanks @granthess, would you say it's safe to start fixing them now (CM sees my pre-download stuff, it seems) or should we wait until the game actually starts running (a little under four hours for me! woo)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @Granthes Thank you for the info and the update.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I've been testing all the cc I made using CM and so far everything is behaving itself in the game. I just wanted to mention.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • *raises hand quietly* Mines... working still :S
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    Hey i wont be getting the Full game for sometime :/ but i did download and update the colour magic tool and i was wondering is it ok to keep creating with the demo , do you know? Also the issues with my items crashing are fixed with the new magic tool and i dont have to make them default now, yay :)
    The various mesh IIDs for outfits have changed between when the CAS Demo was released and when the full game preloaded!

This means that the recolored items from the CAS Demo will NOT WORK on the full game. You will need to download Color Magic 0.5.0 or later and choose The Sims 4 from the dropdown and recreate the packages for your items.

You should be able to simply re-import the texture files into these new packages (be sure to use the new UNKN entries so the instance numbers don't change!)

If you don't have Color Magic 0.5.0 or later, please download it here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

Margeh75 wrote: »
    Hey i wont be getting the Full game for sometime :/ but i did download and update the colour magic tool and i was wondering is it ok to keep creating with the demo , do you know? Also the issues with my items crashing are fixed with the new magic tool and i dont have to make them default now, yay :)

You can definitely keep creating with Color Magic using the CAS Demo information, but your creations will only be usable by people loading them in their CAS Demo.

To be able to create recolors that will work in the full game, you will need to point Color Magic at the full game's data files.

Since 90% of the work is in redoing the textures, it is still worth doing, but when you do get the full game, you'll need to go back and re-run Color Magic on each of your creations to create a new .package file, and then re-import your updated texture files into the new packages.

--Grant

Grant (granthes)
  • EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited September 2014
    well my cc did work never crashed only when I copied and pasted all my tray from demo to base game then crashed, but am I needing to redo them again? Luckily I only did 4 cc lol oops you just said that ty, so I need to do all from scratch then? what about just all the Sims I made without cc? ty
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    So I have to redo everything I made and uploaded? Oh God *cries* haha.
    But if I saved the dds files (I think I saved them....) I can just export the .package file and then import/export dds files, right? So it should be that hard ??
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
    wrswrs2 wrote: »
    So I have to redo everything I made and uploaded? Oh God *cries* haha.
    But if I saved the dds files (I think I saved them....) I can just export the .package file and then import/export dds files, right? So it should be that hard ??

Exactly. And even if you didn't save the dds files, just export them from the old packages, then import them into the new ones.
    Grant (granthes)
    Oh that sounds super simple! Danke!
    Hopefully they all work in game though, as I had a heck of a hard time getting them all to work in the demo w.o it crashing. I had to remake some files 10 plus times and IDK what I did differently, they just either worked or they didn't.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    @wrswrs2, sure you were using a current version? That sounds awfully like you were suffering from oldversionedness. I’d redownload the current one if I were you =)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    No I hadn't downloaded the new one yet, I'm going to do that tonight after I get the game installed :) If my brother actually picked it up for me like he said he would haha. Thanks for the advice!
  • GRNDSCRMGRNDSCRM Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a issues deciding what package file I need to choose thats in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\ folder...there are a bunch of these Client packages. I can open them but only the swatches show up not the images. HELP? :)
    GRNDSCRM wrote: »
    I'm having a issues deciding what package file I need to choose thats in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\ folder...there are a bunch of these Client packages. I can open them but only the swatches show up not the images. HELP? :)

I assume since you are posting in this thread that you are using Color Magic. If so, you need to download the 0.5.0 version from: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

Choose the drop-down from this page:
    Capture2.jpg
    and pick The Sims 4. This will give you ALL of the files in that directory automatically. :smile:
    Grant (granthes)
  • GRNDSCRMGRNDSCRM Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Its still nothing showing up unfortunately. I get the full CAS of items but only the swatch is displayed not the dds image thats with it.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited September 2014
    I´ve got a huge problem with fixing my downloads.
    I have used ColorMagic 0.5.2 to create a new recolor of the GlovesSophisticate (pointing to my TheSims4 Folder, not the CAS). I then opened the package with s4pe 0.1.d. and imported my premade dds file using the "Import from DDS" option. Still, my recolor crashes the game as soon as I try to enter live mode.
    Would someone please be so kind and take a look at the package to see what went wrong?
    bienchen83.bplaced.net/Bienchen83/sims4me_yfAcc_GlovesSophisticate_wedding.rar
    Thanks in advance.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited September 2014
    GRNDSCRM wrote: »

WIth ColorMagic? You just have to choose TheSims4 from the dropdown. It'll find the files it needs. (This requires version 0.5 of CM or later.)
  • Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    Hello can i ask what i put into the colour magic tool instead of the fulldemobuild package to create clothes from the full game?