Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighters....?

Ok, so like any good Simmer, the first thing I did after buying my furnished kitchen was add a fire alarm. My Sim (of course) set a fire when she was cooking scrambled eggs *sigh* The alarm went off, but no firefighter came to put out the fire. Are there no firefighters in this game? If not, what is the point of the fire alarm?! (there is a more expensive one that has a sprinkler system, but I didn't have enough cash for that, haha)

Comments

• Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    Nope, no firefighters.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Nope, no firemen......the sprinkler system needs to take care of that or your sim........if you don't have enough cash, use the motherlode :)
  • Options
    HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    Then what are the cheapo fire alarms supposed to accomplish.....? Oi.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    There are no firefighters, repo men, repairmen, or social workers. The sprinkler system didn't actually put out my fire either, my Sim automatically extinguished it with the sprinkler. When I didn't have it, I had to direct the Sim to do it.
  • Options
    To alert the sim to put it out.....LOL
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »
    To alert the sim to put it out.....LOL

Smh
  • Options
    BonnieQ1BonnieQ1 Posts: 18 New Member
    I can't believe this. :o
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Whats the point of having a fire alarm with no firefighters?
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yeah, there are no firefighters in this alternate universe. It's a strange land indeed.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Whats the point of having a fire alarm with no firefighters?

To burst eardrums? haha
  • Options
    I think they should have a "pee on fire" option for small containable fires.....LOL
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    the sprinkler system only works if theres a ceiling. and it does take some time. kinda like reallife sprinklers they have to feel the heat/smoke.

if you just have a one story house the fire alarm should be fine. but if its a two story i would get the sprinkler. also the kids chem set can catch on fire. i almost lost my little girl if i didn't have the sprinkler system. her father was walking slow cause he was tired
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    The fire alarm has your Sims respond when they otherwise might not. It's a way for your Sims to be notified so your fire doesn't get out of control.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hollerama wrote: »

Heya - fire works a bit differently in The Sims 4. When a fire starts, if your Sim can't see it they aren't immediately aware of it. Owning a fire alarm will alert every Sim on the lot to the fire so that they can react to it. Otherwise, you'll need to be extra vigilant to keep your Sims safe :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2014

Heya - fire works a bit differently in The Sims 4. When a fire starts, if your Sim can't see it they aren't immediately aware of it. Owning a fire alarm will alert every Sim on the lot to the fire so that they can react to it. Otherwise, you'll need to be extra vigilant to keep your Sims safe :)

Yes, but sprinkler systems doesn't look good in a fireman outfit... I miss all the NPCs and am very sad. :(
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    While I really like the game and have been enjoying it, that is one of the things that really bothers me. I hope firefighters get added in sometime in the future. I mean, sims level up cooking pretty fast and once you get a better stove there is less to worry about, but I hate the thought of losing one of my sims to a fire. Have to stay vigilant until those firefighters are added in!
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Yes, but sprinkler systems doesn't look good in a fireman outfit... I miss all the NPCs and am very sad. :(

Yeah, how are we supposed to breed fireproof kids without a firefighter?
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Why are the NPCs like firefighters gone again?
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Halle_M wrote: »

If you reach the top level of the Nature -> Freelance Botanist aspiration your Sim will become fire proof :) It won't pass along genetically though!
  • Options
    TwilightVampiresTwilightVampires Posts: 86 Member
    What?! No fit firefighters ahh man! ;)
    " Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace"
    I AM A MAC PLAYER
    EK I GET TO PLAY THE SIMS 4 ON 17/02/15!
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member

Emotionz!!!
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    KramYraelo wrote: »

Emotionz!!!

Krammy you always make me laugh.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

If you reach the top level of the Nature -> Freelance Botanist aspiration your Sim will become fire proof :) It won't pass along genetically though!

Might I ask exactly what does botony have to do with being fireproof? This is a very odd top of the level choice for a botanist. Seriously who thinks this stuff up? surprised-023.gif
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member

Having the fireman is better.
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    My son just used his science table and caught the house on fire. I guess kids don't have the option of putting out a fire. Parents came home at 11pm needless to say most of the house had burned down.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!