Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    pam4402003 wrote: »
    I have noticed that you have the GT 640 in orange list, I have a 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB is this the same card as the one you have listed? I also been playing the Demo without any problems, just not sure now if I will have problems with the game or not. I have not bought the game yet and don't plan on it until I make sure I am ok with the card I have. Thank you for putting this list together it is a great help!!

Hello,

Its sort of on the borderline between medium and high settings (for the base game at least), and mainly depends on what type of memory the card has (GDDR5 vs DDR3, where GDDR5 memory is better). However, I think because 2GB GDDR5 GT 640s are rare, I expect the game will run at medium settings for you.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    We've helped you, so can you help us now?

Thanks!

Cody

PS. Click the link! :D
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Hello I have low profile Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and works beautifully and at high quality at that it dose work very well plus it is updated as well to the latest driver as well.... Thank you but in my Quad processor this works excellent on high, So far so good, Anyways ty for this thread..
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M GPU on my system, and not only does it say it's fine in your list, the CAS Demo works fine on my computer. (I did have to update the driver to get the Demo to work last week.)

I downloaded the full Sims 4 game a couple hours ago and every time I try to open it, I get this error message:

Sims4Error_zps43fa3d55.jpg

I've uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 4.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin.

I downloaded and updated the driver directly from NVIDIA, even though I did that last week.

I've restarted my computer multiple times as a result of all of the above.

Any suggestions on what else to try would be appreciated. If I can't get this resolved tonight, I'm going to return the game under the "great games" guarantee, since it's hardly a "great game" if it won't even start. :/
  • outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M GPU on my system, and not only does it say it's fine in your list, the CAS Demo works fine on my computer. (I did have to update the driver to get the Demo to work last week.)

I downloaded the full Sims 4 game a couple hours ago and every time I try to open it, I get this error message:

Sims4Error_zps43fa3d55.jpg

I've uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 4.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin.

I downloaded and updated the driver directly from NVIDIA, even though I did that last week.

I've restarted my computer multiple times as a result of all of the above.

Any suggestions on what else to try would be appreciated. If I can't get this resolved tonight, I'm going to return the game under the "great games" guarantee, since it's hardly a "great game" if it won't even start. :/

That's not really the games fault though. You should be really careful when buying PC games that the specs match. Although am surprised it's not working there's people with worse cards that have the game running.
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    That's not really the games fault though. You should be really careful when buying PC games that the specs match. Although am surprised it's not working there's people with worse cards that have the game running.

The specs do match. The CAS Demo works fine. I looked up my graphics card long before this list was posted, and it's marginally better than the minimum required NVIDIA card. Are those of us with better machines supposed to step down to play this game?

If so, I'm just sticking with Sims 3 and Sims 2, both of which run fine on this machine.

The specs do match. The CAS Demo works fine. I looked up my graphics card long before this list was posted, and it's marginally better than the minimum required NVIDIA card. Are those of us with better machines supposed to step down to play this game?

If so, I'm just sticking with Sims 3 and Sims 2, both of which run fine on this machine.

Am not disagreeing with you am surprised the game isn't running on yours to.
  • kimalimalimkimalimalim Posts: 8 New Member
    Has anyone tested Intel HD Graphics 2000? I know TS2 doesn't run properly on it from experience, and I've heard that TS3 doesn't either. I've only had this laptop a year and a half and I can't afford to go buying a new computer just to be able to play Sims!
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone tested Intel HD Graphics 2000? I know TS2 doesn't run properly on it from experience, and I've heard that TS3 doesn't either. I've only had this laptop a year and a half and I can't afford to go buying a new computer just to be able to play Sims!

If the ladies above you is having trouble and hers is higher then yours, then the chances are that one will have a hard time running it especially as it has trouble running the other two. I hope am wrong though the more people play Sims 4 the better :)
    Well the CAS demo works fine, and most people have said that if the demo works fine then chances are the full game should work fine... I also heard that TS4 is supposed to work with a larger range of graphics cards than the older games. I really hope you're wrong otherwise it's going to be a waste of money when I get it on Friday :(
  • Shell05231Shell05231 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi, I checked when you were still adding them, but thought I'd be patient until you added them all, but you've not added the card I have, you've added all the ones around it, but not the one I have which is a Nvidia GeForce GT550M. I checked CYRI and it said I can, but it may be slower rendering etc, but my laptop is only 2 years old, so I wasn't going to upgrade it just for Sims 4 lol. I'll find out for sure Friday if it can run it, but just thought you might want to add my card, I don't think I'm the only one with the Dell XPS 17 laptop with that in lol.
    That's another good point to add about my graphics card, CYRI says my graphics card should be fine, it's the processor that it seems to think isn't good enough, although I've seen a lot of people saying that they've been told the same thing and you shouldn't go by what CYRI says...
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    just to let you know I have a hd 7570 when game installed it had me on high settings which I have been running for about 2 hours without any problems.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT. Is mine rubbish? Lol!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member

Sighs - I feel like a broken record BUT I feel compelled to go against the tide and write My Experience yet again.

Here's my specs , briefly, Gateway DESKTOP, intel core i5 processor, windows 7, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, INTEL integrated HD graphics 2000

Games I have installed and play all fine:

sims 1 and all EP's (have installed and played both base game and seperate EP's and "Complete collection)

Sims 2 ALL EP's , most SP's TONS off cc (game plays Great , a few minor graphic issues, can't see fish in fishtank , have "haygrass" in neighborhood view)

Sims 3 ALL EP's , most SP's LOTS of store stuff

Sims 4 CAS DEMO

Sims Medieval plus the one EP

Not one problem or issue except the minor sims 2 ones.

SO now I'm going to get sims 4 base game and well, I'm Guessing it will play O.K. (med to low settings) , I can't say for sure until I actually get the game. I would at least give it a chance before you run and buy a new computer purely from advice on the internet. BTW my computer is a little over 2 years old. Knock on wood, for the $600 spent it was well worth it.

• DianeLuvsMunkyDianeLuvsMunky Posts: 104 Member
    If the video card is listed in black (recommended) does that mean I should be able to play the game at it's highest setting? I'm looking to buy a new PC and I'm not that tech savvy, so I have no idea what to look for if I want to play at the highest settings?
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Yeah it does mean high settings :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

If the video card is listed in black (recommended) does that mean I should be able to play the game at it's highest setting? I'm looking to buy a new PC and I'm not that tech savvy, so I have no idea what to look for if I want to play at the highest settings?

Yes that's what it's supposed to mean :)
    edited September 2014
    > @zorba2357 said:
    > kimalimalim wrote: »
    >
    > Has anyone tested Intel HD Graphics 2000? I know TS2 doesn't run properly on it from experience, and I've heard that TS3 doesn't either. I've only had this laptop a year and a half and I can't afford to go buying a new computer just to be able to play Sims!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sighs - I feel like a broken record BUT I feel compelled to go against the tide and write My Experience yet again.
    >
    > Here's my specs , briefly, Gateway DESKTOP, intel core i5 processor, windows 7, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, INTEL integrated HD graphics 2000
    >
    > Games I have installed and play all fine:
    >
    > sims 1 and all EP's (have installed and played both base game and seperate EP's and "Complete collection)
    >
    > Sims 2 ALL EP's , most SP's TONS off cc (game plays Great , a few minor graphic issues, can't see fish in fishtank , have "haygrass" in neighborhood view)
    >
    > Sims 3 ALL EP's , most SP's LOTS of store stuff
    >
    > Sims 4 CAS DEMO
    >
    > Sims Medieval plus the one EP
    >
    > Not one problem or issue except the minor sims 2 ones.
    >
    > SO now I'm going to get sims 4 base game and well, I'm Guessing it will play O.K. (med to low settings) , I can't say for sure until I actually get the game. I would at least give it a chance before you run and buy a new computer purely from advice on the internet. BTW my computer is a little over 2 years old. Knock on wood, for the $600 spent it was well worth it.

My TS2 crashes in CAS and community lots, as does my Mum's (she has the same graphics card, different laptop), and sometimes randomly crashes during normal gameplay.

TS4 CAS demo is fine on my laptop, so hopefully the base game will be too, even if I have to run it on the lowest graphics settings because in comparison to TS2 the lowest graphics on TS4 are great anyway, at least in the CAS demo they are!

(Okay I don't know what I did wrong with quoting the post but I'm sure you'll see what I meant to do, I'm new to this :| )
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Is AMD Radeon R4 Graphics a good card? It's for laptop but I couldn't find it on the list......
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Is AMD Radeon R4 Graphics a good card? It's for laptop but I couldn't find it on the list......
    No I don't think it will play properly.. the R4 graphics are integrated graphics similar in performance to the intel HD graphics.. which are having some problems at the moment.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Okay thank you chester~
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I'm playing with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and it runs fine on ultra high graphics settings, with no crashes.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    I'm playing with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and it runs fine on ultra high graphics settings, with no crashes.
    That's good to hear :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    Omg thank you so much for this! I ran my computer on CYRI last night and it said my graphics card (GTX 570M) was below recommended specs so I was sure I'd have to play the game on medium specs. Thank you!!
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png