Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 "Did you know..."

Comments

• Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    Did you know?
    When you first start the game you can't pitch the camera up and down, however, in the options there is an option called "Sims 3 Camera" that you can select and it's exactly like how you operated the camera in Sims 3.

Did you know?
    In order to turn off that hideous grid in build/buy mode you can press G. Yup it's that simple!
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    Emaira0502 wrote: »
    jkrman401 wrote: »
    Did you know, If you take a Sim to a community lot and leave another at home you can click the greyed portrait and tell them what to do while they stay home. You can also switch focus back to the home Sim but I haven't tried that yet. I assume it leaves the Sim at the community lot. One more thing I noticed was my Sim give a kiss to her BF when she was on her way out for work. It was completely autonomous and adorable. <br />
    <br />
    I'm in love with the outfit rotation feature!

I'm in love with outfit rotation as well. I thought I was going to miss Twallan's Dresser Mod. It's awesome to have this in the base game.

I also love the "away actions" even though I haven't used them yet. ;)

I am going to sound stupid but what is outfit rotation? :)
  • Options
    Emaira0502Emaira0502 Posts: 62 Member
    I
    tabo679 wrote: »

Doesn't sound stupid at all!! Outfit rotation is the ability to choose multiple outfits for your sims (including hair and makeup) and your sim will rotate which outfit he/she wears when they change their clothes. They do this automatically, but you can also click on the sim and change to any ot the outfits at any time. <3
    Priorities...Family, Friends, Sims!!
    200.gif
  • Options
    thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Posts: 295 Member
    edited September 2014
    This is a great thread and I'm bookmarking it. I'll add something:

Did you know that your sims can multitask? Yeah, you probably knew that, but I didn't until I started playing. And even when the game explained it to me, I didn't quite appreciate what that meant until I saw things start to happen.

So for the record, what it means is that you can now read a book on the toilet or play videogames on your phone while watching TV (and maybe even carrying on a conversation). Stuff like that. It's really cool, and it kinds of inspires me now to play a kind of minigame of trying to maximize my sims' limited time by doing as much as they can simultaneously.
  • Options
    Waterninja11Waterninja11 Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you! These are great tips for when I play the game on Friday!
  • Options
    VampiricDuckiesVampiricDuckies Posts: 55 Member
    Since this is a did you know thread.... I have a question. How do you adopt? And is there creatures in this?
  • Options
    EclissiLunareEclissiLunare Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @VampiricDuckies said:
    > Since this is a did you know thread.... I have a question. How do you adopt? And is there creatures in this?
    How to adopt: Click on a computer->Household-> Adopt (§1,000)
  • Options
    This is a great thread and I'm bookmarking it. I'll add something:<br />
    <br />
    Did you know that your sims can multitask? Yeah, you probably knew that, but I didn't until I started playing. And even when the game explained it to me, I didn't quite appreciate what that meant until I saw things start to happen.<br />
    <br />
    So for the record, what it means is that you can now read a book on the toilet or play videogames on your phone while watching TV (and maybe even carrying on a conversation). Stuff like that. It's really cool, and it kinds of inspires me now to play a kind of minigame of trying to maximize my sims' limited time by doing as much as they can simultaneously.

I know what you mean when you say that you don't appreciate it until you are playing. I love that you can see who you are chatting with. And, this is so small, but I love that they actually hold the book in their hand when they are just walking to another place to read it (rather than putting it in the inventory)!
    200.gif
  • Options
    VampiricDuckiesVampiricDuckies Posts: 55 Member
    @EclissiLunare thank you!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I want to know if your child does not go to school does a social worker take them away or do you loose them at all.
  • Options
    Sebbe_Debbe123Sebbe_Debbe123 Posts: 129 Member
    Did you know that it takes longer to starve a sim to death.
  • Options
    ScoutbooScoutboo Posts: 36 Member
    I have to wait until Thursday to get mine. But love reading this... And did you know my kindle is starting to die from reading all theses tips and review. Also one question? Would I be better off to get the desk or download from origin site?
    il_340x270602816077_htix_zps9f32ba32.jpg
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited September 2014
    Although there is no "move objects" cheat you can hold the Alt key and that works like move objects did.
    Multitasking is great. She was writing jokes while chatting with nearby people.
    There are a lot of wild plants and digging spots throughout the public spaces.
    Parties are so much fun with group discussions now.
  • Options
    Also, when you go to plan outfits at the dresser, you can switch between all sims in the household, which is really convenient.

I did not know that. Cool!!
    200.gif
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Did you know...

...sims will rotate through their outfits that you selected each time they change?

That's on purpose?!
  • Options
    acsaczacsacz Posts: 32 Member
    I read something about shift clicking on the mailbox and all your sim motives become green. Is that true?
  • Options
    itstashakitstashak Posts: 4 New Member
    Love this thread, just bookmarked it! Thanks!
  • Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    acsacz wrote: »
    I read something about shift clicking on the mailbox and all your sim motives become green. Is that true?

1st shift+Click+C then in the cheats bar type testingcheats true exit the cheats bar by pressing esc. shift click your sim and click make happy or turn off needs with no needs decay
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I
    tabo679 wrote: »

Doesn't sound stupid at all!! Outfit rotation is the ability to choose multiple outfits for your sims (including hair and makeup) and your sim will rotate which outfit he/she wears when they change their clothes. They do this automatically, but you can also click on the sim and change to any ot the outfits at any time. <3

Ok that is really cool. I love that! I remember in the Sims 3 thinking it would be cool if they could rotate their outfits each day when they would wake up or go out as opposed to them sticking to the same outfit until you the player changed it. Still changing them yourself was not a big deal, but to know they change between outfits themselves in this game is awesome.

Thanks for filling us in.

Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    mana0143 wrote: »
    Did you know when your foodie is feeling flirty they can make flirty heart shaped cookies? They are cute looking!

If you are playful you can make gummy bear pancakes.

If you take a brisk shower and are energized you can make a protein meal and store it in the fridge to use before a workout. Also makes you energized.
    if you are angry u can make a meal ( i forget what its called and a drink on a bar called the boiler maker but if u eat and drink those together whilst angry you get very angry . i was scared she would die :)
  • Options
    xAmethystxSugarxxAmethystxSugarx Posts: 128 Member
    Did you know after your Sims try for baby she can take a pregnancy test?
  • Options
    completeing aspirations gives you traits
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top