Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer Reviews

2...Next

Comments

• MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    Can you post the link?

He said it on his twitter CLP, he hasn't put the review up yet, its not even a review, he said it won't be up til this weekend because he wants more time with it so it isn't his final review yet, just his opinion of playing for a few hours.
    sims152318 wrote: »
    Considering he gives his honest opinion, TS4 must be really good then.

I should tell Asuka! He/she will love this!

Guys its not a review!! He said he won't do the review until AFTER a week of playing because he hasn't tested it enough yet.....
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Radprofile wrote: »
    I wonder how many people on here will claim he's been bought by EA? :p

It's a lose-lose situation, If it gets a bad review, "I knew it!", and if gives a good review, he will lose all credibility. :P

I don't think so. He may enjoy all the rpging in this game, which I would absolutely hate. His opinion is just that and opinion depending on his game playing style. If it were me I would ditch all this collecting and stuff and go back to creating sandbox games without all the rpg elements thrown in as the main attractions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    keyb0x wrote: »
    I just don't get why the majority of the forums could say they're really like the game and people refuse to believe there might actually be something good about it until a YouTube reviewer tells them it's not bad.

How does that even work? :s

I am not one of those. I don't care what he says (and I love LGR) because I KNOW what I saw with my two eyes and it wasn't great. If he likes it, great, but remember he runs a business, he gets paid from his channel and thats how he eats, makes a living, etc....even the beauty gurus *shudder on YouTube started in a good place and ended where there was moolah so I don't trust anyone, but my two little eyes. Humans will be human....

He gets paid for views, not by the games he reviews. He'd be getting the same amount of money whether he made a good or bad review. I guess I don't know if he's in anyone's pocket or not but I don't think everything has to always be a huge conspiracy.

I think it would be obvious when people are making stupidly favourable or stupidly critical reviews for these things anyway. But I agree with you, the best way to determine whether you like something or not is to try it for yourself.
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    sims152318 wrote: »
    Considering he gives his honest opinion, TS4 must be really good then.

I should tell Asuka! He/she will love this!

Guys its not a review!! He said he won't do the review until AFTER a week of playing because he hasn't tested it enough yet.....

Dang it...
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I do enjoy his reviews but I don't use them to make up my mind. It is my money so thought happens and then decisions are made.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    OMG what are the haters going to do now?

(I do not go by reviews sites..funny none the less)

We are going to continue to pressure EA to make this game better.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people on here will claim he's been bought by EA? :p

Not me. Can't wait to see his review when I have time later today!

I can't wait to see what he has to say about the chairs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Can you post the link?

He said it on his twitter CLP, he hasn't put the review up yet, its not even a review, he said it won't be up til this weekend because he wants more time with it so it isn't his final review yet, just his opinion of playing for a few hours.

Oh my bad. Well I can't wait to see it.

I just don't get why the majority of the forums could say they're really like the game and people refuse to believe there might actually be something good about it until a YouTube reviewer tells them it's not bad.

I am not one of those. I don't care what he says (and I love LGR) because I KNOW what I saw with my two eyes and it wasn't great. If he likes it, great, but remember he runs a business, he gets paid from his channel and thats how he eats, makes a living, etc....even the beauty gurus *shudder on YouTube started in a good place and ended where there was moolah so I don't trust anyone, but my two little eyes. Humans will be human....

He gets paid for views, not by the games he reviews. He'd be getting the same amount of money whether he made a good or bad review. I guess I don't know if he's in anyone's pocket or not but I don't think everything has to always be a huge conspiracy.

I think it would be obvious when people are making stupidly favourable or stupidly critical reviews for these things anyway. But I agree with you, the best way to determine whether you like something or not is to try it for yourself.

Thats isn't ENTIRELY true and thats not the only way YouTubers get paid. A dear friend of mine is a VERY popular beauty YouTuber with over 3 mil subs and she gets paid by WAY more than just views.....

Thats isn't ENTIRELY true and thats not the only way YouTubers get paid. A dear friend of mine is a VERY popular beauty YouTuber with over 3 mil subs and she gets paid by WAY more than just views.....

Yeah, but beauty reviewers are different. You can't exactly try most beauty products yourself without committing yourself to buying it first, by watching someone else using them you can sort of get a feeling for whether it's for you or not. The better reviewers will also tell you whether they were given something to review or not, instead of actively trying to deceive the people who give them their AdSense money into buying a bad product.
  • JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    It's all about style of play. For those who play like me, the game is a disappointment, for those who like the game; their style of play is supported.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    Nomatter what he ends up saying i feel bad for him already
    If he likes it the people who hate the game will bite his head off
    if he ends up saying he doesn't like it then they people who like it will hate him for it
    I love his reviews as much as the next person, but heh my fav. expension pack is supernatural (and suprise suprise, he hates that one the most). So i take his reviews with a grain of salt, fun to laugh with but nothing to take serious

I'm not sure why people are suprised that he likes it so far though, He always plays with single/party style (and not so much the family oriented/fantasy styled stuff)

Also like Mckinney says youtubers after an X-amount of subscribers get payed extra and get contracts with youtube to earn alot more money,
    I don't think LGR is under that system though (seeying how he uses patreon for money), but Pewdiepie also works under youtube's belt they end up getting X-amount per view of video and some extra's (I think it was called the youtube program) these people also get extra protection this is rather old but check link: socialtimes.com/make-money-youtube_b12035 all those youtube "reviewers" are trying to get a slice of that pizza, and seeying how pewdiepie is known for making 2-3?? million a year what do you have to lose really
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    @Ivinora -- If you like family oriented then TS4 is far far far FAAAAR and a way better than TS3 at that. Far.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    @Ivinora -- If you like family oriented then TS4 is far far far FAAAAR and a way better than TS3 at that. Far.

Right on, and I can't wait until your next stream. XD I want to see the new baby already. I hope it's Aione.

Yeah, I love what I've seen from the family interactions. It's true there's no family tree you can look at, but that doesn't mean families don't exist at all. Genetics and family relationships still exist.
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member

Yeah, I love what I've seen from the family interactions. It's true there's no family tree you can look at, but that doesn't mean families don't exist at all. Genetics and family relationships still exist.

I was thinking they meant the way families actually function in game. In TS4 this is VERY improved over TS3 even with out the family tree gfx. I guess they ACT more like families now in a way. To be uh honest I don't know why families feel so much better and fuller this time a round. It must be some combo of subtle things and then pair that with emotions for the extra depth....

Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    OMG what are the haters going to do now?

(I do not go by reviews sites..funny none the less)

I've bought every single thing the Sims franchise has released in the past 14 years. Your gonna sit there and refer to people who are dissapointed in the piece of plum that was released today as "haters". I've spent THOUSANDS on this game and that's your thought process? You must be into political science. I can tell.

The "lovers" are so in love they spend all day on the forums on release day talking plum to simmers who are disheartened and upset.

I should be skipping school and installing Sims 4. But there's no toddlers. I had toddlers 10 years ago on Sims 2 release day.

It's not so much toddlers that are missing, it's the fact that they cut them in order to match a fiscal deadline, saying "sorry simmers, you all are suckers anyways. Sims 3 was glitch and bug ridden for the first 2 years and the EP's sucked but you threw your money at us" so they're taking the "lovers" to the bank.

And DLC is the new way of Sims 4. They are already showing that through Origin as you can get the additional content seperate for $15.00.

Had toddlers been in game, I would have given it a shot even though it's missing most of the traditional base game features.

I'm not looking for a complete game. I been simming since Simming has been going around. I know what a base game is.

I would love if those who love the game didn't have to insult those who feel shafted by EA, and probablly have spent far more on the product that made it to a 4th edition.

Just saying. It's like beyond rude. I'm gonna go run out and buy Sims 4 because LGR is loving the game. That doesn't change no toddlers, no pools, no cars and tiny neighborhoods with limited customization options. It doesn't. LGR is not Will Wright.

Now if Will Wright posts a review that he absolutely loves the game, private message me. Then we can talk. :wink:

• daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    Saying that a product lacks what other products already have isn't a good criteria of evalution. Even if it's a sequel, it's up to the producers to try and do their own thing, which, in the case of sims 4, they did. The final result has it's own unique feeling, and is very different from other games.

A good criteria of evaluation should take in account what the product offers - and how fun it is to play, in the end. In my opinion, sims 4 is fun. It lacks in some parts, and it was rushed - that's very clear. But in the end, it's a solid entry for the franchise. And that's a train I can hop on for the next five years.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member

Ty but i was just saying that because from what i have seen that seems the big issue :smile:
    I'm actually not buying the sims 4 due to lack of open world/CAST and i feel like the overall game will end up being too much like ts3 with lack of bug-fixes from EA itself :smile: I'm hoping to be proven wrong on that part though, And i kinda feel like supporting the none buyers (cause i do understand their issues with EA atm). :smile:
    I'm mainly here today cause i'm sick and i'm rather bored and wonna see how people are enjoying their time with the game today (I might not be intrested in buying but i do like seeying people happy), did you get any luck on finding your sim yet utadagda?
  • neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    The "lovers" are so in love they spend all day on the forums on release day talking plum to simmers who are disheartened and upset.

This is all a matter of perspective. Those that are disappointed feel that those who "love" the game are "talking...plum" to them and those that "love" the game feel that the disappointed ones are "talking...plum" about them.

*sigh*

Nobody is winning, I guess. There is negativity on both sides.

• simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    > @daltondoug said:
    > Saying that a product lacks what other products already have isn't a good criteria of evalution. Even if it's a sequel, it's up to the producers to try and do their own thing, which, in the case of sims 4, they did. The final result has it's own unique feeling, and is very different from other games.
    >
    > A good criteria of evaluation should take in account what the product offers - and how fun it is to play, in the end. In my opinion, sims 4 is fun. It lacks in some parts, and it was rushed - that's very clear. But in the end, it's a solid entry for the franchise. And that's a train I can hop on for the next five years.

I agree, a good criteria of evaluation is what it offers. as a sequel we should expect it to offer more than what the previous game did, especially a simulation game. and as a base sims 4 has less total content than sims 3 and arguably 2.
  • daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    That's your opinion, and it's totally valid. I disagree in terms, but I still think it's a good direction for the series, and worth the money. To each their own, tough.