Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Played some more, really really torn....

Comments

• SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    thelawtman wrote: »
    Wrenry wrote: »
    BeccaReyn wrote: »
    Isn't it because it had swearing in the title?
    Different thread

Yeah, McKinney's thread didn't have swearing in it. She/he just gave her feeling on the game. Sure it wasn't positive but she/he has the right to say what she/he want's to say about it.

Since when has she said anything positive about the game? She has been one of the people speaking loudly out over it.

I don't think that really matters, now does it? I'm rather disappointed myself.
  • MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2014
    Different thread

Yeah, McKinney's thread didn't have swearing in it. She/he just gave her feeling on the game. Sure it wasn't positive but she/he has the right to say what she/he want's to say about it.

Since when has she said anything positive about the game? She has been one of the people speaking loudly out over it.

What? I have only made a couple of threads and I was NEVER loud.....I may be a lot of things but almost everyone I am sure will tell you I have NEVER been unkind or have sworn on here EVER. I also wasn't LOUD considering I bought the freaking game so please don't say things that aren't true.....

Also, you have been much louder than me considering you have posted over 1000 times and I only have a couple hundred....and all of those are contained (for the most part) to my TWO threads, well now 3 with this one.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    edited September 2014
    There was absolutely NO reason for your thread to get deleted.The only thing you can do it remake it and pray to mods that it won't get deleted
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    So if someone who had brought the game is slightly disappointed and says they expected more for the money they spent their thread gets deleted but when a new troll is let loose on the forums and start to harass everyone, flag people for no reason just to upset innocent players they are left to roam free just because they didn't say anything bad about EA?
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Different thread

But those threads weren't deleted. Unless they were and I just took them for being buried under other posts.

It could be because people were arguing in the thread. Not sure if that's the case or not, but that might be a reason why they'll delete a thread.

There was no arguing though. There was ONE person that was kinda p*ssy, but they stoipped and then it normalized again. Def no where near as bad as 99.9% of the threads on here get.
    smoogie wrote: »
    So if someone who had brought the game is slightly disappointed and says they expected more for the money they spent their thread gets deleted but when a new troll is let loose on the forums and start to harass everyone, flag people for no reason just to upset innocent players they are left to roam free just because they didn't say anything bad about EA?
    YOUR A WINNER!!!
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Did they delete your thread?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • SherrieSherrie Posts: 10 New Member
    That explains a lot! I read some info on the game a couple of days ago and decided not to buy it based upon how everything I liked about the last games was taken out of this one. (The clay hair didn't help either!) I came here today and was surprised that everyone either liked or loved the game, which is unusual for any game, let alone one that's missing so much. It all makes sense now it's been pointed out that the negative reviews have been deleted and it also explains why there's not so many reviews :o
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Yeah, was so weirded out when I got the message that I couldn't access the thread. =T It was a perfectly civil thread.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
    Did they delete your thread?

Yes lovely :-(. I have no idea why either, no fighting or anything inappropriate :-(.
  • Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    There were negative threads being deleted or locked (on the old site) way before the game even came out. EA is apparently very sensitive about negative remarks for Sims 4.
    As more & more people play it & post their opinions, I expect they'll be very busy.

On Twitter I noticed most negative comments were from an older age group than pre-teens/teens. Sometimes on here you can figure out a posters age group, but I am interested in seeing how those of us who have played Sims since 1 and are older than 20 view this game.

For me, from some of the comments I've read -I'm glad I passed on it.

OP -I'm sorry your opinion was deleted
  • sosweetlysosweetly Posts: 47 Member
    I don't understand why your post was removed... It was locked when I went to read it again and then gone. Meanwhile true issues are being ignored. Don't get it...
    sigh I was on the forums earlier and saw a bunch on threads being negative towards the sims 4 now I all I see is "I LOVE THE SIMS 4".If EA keeps this up the forums is gonna be as fun as watching paint dry
    Megan31917 wrote: »
    There were negative threads being deleted or locked (on the old site) way before the game even came out. EA is apparently very sensitive about negative remarks for Sims 4.
    As more & more people play it & post their opinions, I expect they'll be very busy.

On Twitter I noticed most negative comments were from an older age group than pre-teens/teens. Sometimes on here you can figure out a posters age group, but I am interested in seeing how those of us who have played Sims since 1 and are older than 20 view this game.

For me, from some of the comments I've read -I'm glad I passed on it.

OP -I'm sorry your opinion was deleted

Thanks love, yea its sad and its making me feel almost violated for having spent money on this game. I don't know, the no reviews before release, the deleting of negative threads, etc...its just all shady and makes me upset. Honestly, I have never seen a gaming company act like this. They are all businesses, but this is ridiculous. I don't know, it makes me angry/sad/frustrated/taken advantage of...
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    Relatela wrote: »
    So shady :S

Did you notice the random disappearance of threads too?

This says a lot....not a fan of how Alexis reacted either, she was really rude.
    incgamers.com/2014/08/ea-is-cherry-picking-who-gets-pre-release-sims-4-builds

Its just getting really shady at this point.

Wow, kinda shocked that made it too a regular site XD I saw about that rant on other sim related sites but lol
    i kinda wonna see how that IGN reviewer will share his views on this game after all the things that happend

Ivinora wrote: »
    Relatela wrote: »
    So shady :S

Did you notice the random disappearance of threads too?

This says a lot....not a fan of how Alexis reacted either, she was really rude.
    incgamers.com/2014/08/ea-is-cherry-picking-who-gets-pre-release-sims-4-builds

Its just getting really shady at this point.

Wow, kinda shocked that made it too a regular site XD I saw about that rant on other sim related sites but lol
    i kinda wonna see how that IGN reviewer will share his views on this game after all the things that happend

Lol, yea, IGN put out a little slap saying "well Sims 4 camp wouldn't release early copies for review so don't expect a review for another week" on their website today.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's a shame. People have right to say anything. I read your thread completely and there was nothing inappropriate. I have nothing to say EA, shame on you!
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    I just realized that I stayed up all night lol
    edited September 2014

Maybe mods didn't see that one? Mine wasn't even that bad (not that that one is bad).

Can a thread get deleted if trolls flag it like crazy? I didn't see many flags, but who knows?
    berginon wrote: »
    It's a shame. People have right to say anything. I read your thread completely and there's nothing inappropriate. I have nothing to say EA, shame on you!

Thanks love.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member

It's ok robotpanda i'm having the same I got up this morning only to just realise that it's already past noone
    I feel like i should do something more productive with my time then just lurk and post on sims forums (even though i'm stuck in bed ill)
    edited September 2014
    Ivinora wrote: »

It's ok robotpanda i'm having the same I got up this morning only to just realise that it's already past noone
    I feel like i should do something more productive with my time then just lurk and post on sims forums (even though i'm stuck in bed ill)

Me too, I can't sleep. Feel better :-). You are allowed to lurk forums when you are sick >:)
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    YOUR A WINNER!!!

Thanks lol