Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why No Other Reviews...?

...I am just quite surprised there has been no gaming industry reviews from sources like IGN, Gamespot etc.

I'm very curious as to why because normally games are reviewed usually a few days or a week before release. I mean that's how it was for The Sims 3 base game back in 09' I wonder why they didn't review The Sims 4. :|

Comments

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    They didn't give early copies to anyone for reviews. So, the reviewers have to obtain it on release day and we'll have to wait a bit before we hear from sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/sims-4-review-access-reportedly-withheld-until-release-day
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    EA didn't release early copy's to review sites
    so in other words they got their hands on the game at the same time the gamers got it,
    wich means reviews prob. wont come out in the next 1-2days (takes time to test play and type reviews) I think sites like IGN have to play test a game atleast for 4hours to review it
  • lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    "The best company of america" didn't allow them to do an early review of the game.... that's suspicious.
  • JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    Ok thanks. I wonder why that is...
  • JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    lexxsims wrote: »
    "The best company of america" didn't allow them to do an early review of the game.... that's suspicious.

Agreed. I just think that the company wasn't very confident about the game. Plus not to mention the advertising for this game is lackluster.