The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Simmers are disappointing me

Go ahead and disagree with me I dont care. The game has glitches. Everyone of us knew it would. Remember The Sims 3 initial release? What gets me is the game has been out only a few hours and a lot of people are just hating on it. Guys come on. Its a great game and for the most part everything is going well. Rather than nit pick the game just have fun and stop acting like you're a game designer. All of us love the sims. Now take the time to realize how much work was put into the game.

Comments

  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    All I've seen so far is people finding reasons to hate it and Its very frustrating. I agree the game is beautiful and feels a lot smoother than the sims 3. I think it might have aspects from all of the sims games mixed. I love it personally.
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 135 Member
    They can certainly nitpick, that is their prerogative, the negativity is just a bit exhausting. I paid $70 for the game too.
  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    edited September 2014
    Then don't play it. If you played any of the games then you seen how all of them started with a lot of glitches. It's going to happen. No reason to whine about it when you know they will fix it. I paid $70 too.

    @Key some areas are disappointing but look at pets and weather and uni. They listened to what we wanted and gave it to us so im not worried.
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    Saskia507 wrote: »
    All I've seen so far is people finding reasons to hate it and Its very frustrating. I agree the game is beautiful and feels a lot smoother than the sims 3. I think it might have aspects from all of the sims games mixed. I love it personally.

    That's good that you like it. But people are finding things wrong with it because there ARE things wrong with it in their eyes. You expect people to respect your opinion on Sims 4, yet you don't seem to be respecting theirs.

    Sig.png
  • JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    The problem I have is that..The people who sees all this negative stuff. I don't see it in my game. So who am I going to trust, my own eyes or people who are crying? Maybe if it was a bug I could understand, but people are crying about core things.


    My husband put it best, when people go into a game with a negative mindset. No matter what amazing stuff is in it. They will find flaws, and come out with a negative mindset. People do have a right to whine because they paid money and don't like it. However, some of the people are just spreading lies about the game, or giving off false info. That is just sad.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,645 Member
    Yes. All of us do love the sims OP.

    It's just that unlike you, not all of us love the aberration this franchise has evolved into with TS4.

    And please don't get me started on the work extent of work skullduggery the devs put into trying to pass off this originally designed MMO game as a traditional sandbox, sims game.

    Unlike you, I don't insist on sticking my head in the sand to avoid the unpleasant view of the oncoming freight train. I'm exactly where I said I would be--munching caramel popcorn all nice and dry in my rain gear and rubber dinghy :)
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    I paid $35 for mine... lol
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 566 Member
    edited September 2014
    do people here not understand that some people just don't like the game? it's great you like the game but it's not rocket science to realise that others do not share the same opinion. The amount of time the developers put into the game doesn't matter, if someone doesn't like something they are not going to force themselves to like it because they out a lot of effort into it.

    forums are for positive and negative threads
  • lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    edited September 2014
    I love the saga that's why i'm agry. The emotions doesn't really work how it supposed to. Come on, if they're more emotional and smarter why they don't react at all ? For example someone is on a fight, and they don't even look. I can't believe that they took a lot of things out for this "emotions" that are really modlets a little improved.
    The bugs is something that i don't mind that much, because it can be fixed but it says a lot of how the game was rushed. I want something with quality.
    What i really love is the new CAS and the build mode, they're pretty good.
    But come one, this is the 4th generation and it has a lot step backs, and it shouldn't have....
    Hate on me, but is the truth....
    Oh! and don't come to me with that cheapy excuse that sims 3 was bad at this, at that, etc.. We all know sims 3 had a lot of bad things BUT AT LEAST IT GAVE A BIG JUMP ON THE SAGA. Hello open world, hello create-a-style and other stuffs...
    Sims 2 was a GOOD game on it's era....
  • JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    do people here not understand that some people just don't like the game? it's great you like the game but it's not rocket science to realise that others do not share the same opinion

    forums are for positive and negative threads

    I don't think many of us care that people are negative about the game, but attacking others who like it, or just spreading false info to make the game looks worse is a no go in my books.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Jadedsins wrote: »
    baddazoner wrote: »
    do people here not understand that some people just don't like the game? it's great you like the game but it's not rocket science to realise that others do not share the same opinion

    forums are for positive and negative threads

    I don't think many of us care that people are negative about the game, but attacking others who like it, or just spreading false info to make the game looks worse is a no go in my books.

    Notice how they all jump in on those threads as if to say "I told you so" too. lol
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    keyb0x wrote: »
    Yep, the people who are hanging on the hopes of everyone actually having wasted their money are pretty sad.

    There's nothing wrong with those who are genuinely disappointed though, I'm disappointed in some areas too.

    But to troll the forums and go on like the game is the worst thing ever is just beyond my realm of normal behaviour.

    All I have seen is many people describing why they don't like the game. I would hardly consider that trolling. And how is complaining about a product not considered normal behaviour? people complain all the time here in the real world.

    So many people are acting like EA just gave this game away for free, but they didn't. When something that costs a fair sum of money isn't up to standards people complain.
    Sig.png
  • temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    I think all the negativity which has happened for months before the release will affect to many people... if your preconception is negative, the game has to be totally amazing to change that to positive... if the game is just "normal good", it's not enough.
  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    Again there is going to be glitches. All games have glitches and like most games these glitches will be fixed. As for me sticking my head in the sand I'm completely fine with how everything is going with it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. Simple as that.
  • JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    > @lexxsims said:
    > I love the saga that's why i'm agry. The emotions doesn't really work how it supposed to. Come on, if they're more emotional and smarter why they don't react at all ? For example someone is on a fight, and they don't even look. I can't believe that they took a lot of things out for this "emotions" that are really modlets a little improved.
    > The bugs is something that i don't mind that much, because it can be fixed but it says a lot of how the game was rushed. I want something with quality.
    > What i really love is the new CAS and the build mode, they're pretty good.
    > But come one, this is the 4th generation and it has a lot step backs, and it shouldn't have....
    > Hate on me, but is the truth....
    > Oh! and don't come to me with that cheapy excuse that sims 3 was bad at this, at that, etc.. We all know sims 3 had a lot of bad things BUT AT LEAST IT GAVE A BIG JUMP ON THE SAGA. Hello open world, hello create-a-style and other stuffs...
    > Sims 2 was a GOOD game on it's era....

    Agreed 120%
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I've seen people talking about what they do and don't like. That's not 'nitpicking'. Instead of spreading hate, why not show us some epic screen shots or videos!
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    keyb0x wrote: »
    Jadedsins wrote: »
    baddazoner wrote: »
    do people here not understand that some people just don't like the game? it's great you like the game but it's not rocket science to realise that others do not share the same opinion

    forums are for positive and negative threads

    I don't think many of us care that people are negative about the game, but attacking others who like it, or just spreading false info to make the game looks worse is a no go in my books.

    Notice how they all jump in on those threads as if to say "I told you so" too. lol

    Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?
    Sig.png
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    EatChees wrote: »
    keyb0x wrote: »
    Yep, the people who are hanging on the hopes of everyone actually having wasted their money are pretty sad.

    There's nothing wrong with those who are genuinely disappointed though, I'm disappointed in some areas too.

    But to troll the forums and go on like the game is the worst thing ever is just beyond my realm of normal behaviour.

    All I have seen is many people describing why they don't like the game. I would hardly consider that trolling. And how is complaining about a product not considered normal behaviour? people complain all the time here in the real world.

    So many people are acting like EA just gave this game away for free, but they didn't. When something that costs a fair sum of money isn't up to standards people complain.

    Maybe because you're seeing only what you want to see.
  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    @ Temes I agree with you on that
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    well like others are saying, you did pay 60-70 bucks for that game...
    also we are on number 4 of a franchise here, people will automaticly be alot more nitpicky because you expect something more at that point.
    and i haven't seen any straight up rage threads so far, mainly people who just seem to be upset (then again i just woke up an hour ago and decided to take a peek on forums)
  • JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    Sims 2 was one of the best sims. In my honest two cents sims 2 is what made The sims into a huge thing.


    Sims 3 was a step back from sims 2 in many ways. The engine was bad, it was filled with bugs, and open world was not as great as it seems when most of the sims either bugged out, or did not appear for a long time.


    They took what sims 2 had, and improve it by a lot. Sims 3 did some things great, but the bad stuff was just to much to ignore. At least sims 4 is starting off on the right foot.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top