Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First hour of playing the game

I love the game, so different, different interface, interactions and heaps of stuff getting use to! i seriously do not know how to rotate objects in this game does anyone know how? the sims are more smarter in my personal opinion which makes the game more exiting. The loading screen is a 10 second pain but will take some time to get use to. and the camera controls are very different and take some time to get use to, lucky theres still sims 3 controls in the options. Don't listen to the negative people here until you played it!

Comments

• EricTheLoonEricTheLoon Posts: 20 Member
    Press the Right Mouse Button while the object is selected.
    Sul Sul!
  • PapajPapaj Posts: 32 Member
    > @EricTheLoon said:
    > Press the Right Mouse Button while the object is selected.

Thankyou so much
    > @rosemow said:
    > The game sounds great! Another way to rotate an object is to select the object then press the , or . Buttons

Thank you again and the game is amazing so fun !
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    I agree the w ay things work take some getting used to but the over a ll feel is much different and in a better wa y than any of the other Sims games ((To me)). No w it has a life and charm. The Sims feel r eal and its easy to connect to th em on a more emotional level. I think it''s the subtle things in there that make it feel like this bu t uh I don't know. I know it feels more complete//full//exciting than the other base games. I'm having more fun with th is than TS2 and that''s a surprise be cause I love TS2 <3 Thank you Maxis//EA for this great game. Can't wait for EXP packs.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    it runs really smoothly, and i like how everything works... but I, in my first hour, found the game to be rather boring compaired to the three basegames that came before it. I think I will buy the prima guide, but in all honesty, this just doesn't seem to offer much.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    My first hour flew by. Just using a test sim for now but really love what I am seeing. Runs smooth no sign lag and have not had one incidence of clipping. In fact while my sim was going home she caught up to a sim on the path and walked around them. Not through them. :-)
    Now before I fall asleep I am going back to play some more.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    Am impressed. Just tried going into town. It handles much better on my computer than TS3/no lagging or crashing due to the lots being broken up/not all loaded at once. I can run it on full settings without any lagging or crashing. The load screens only take a few seconds and beautiful community lots/esp the park. I like that the community is alive with people, including a kid skipping school in the park.
    > @UtaDagda said:
    > I agree the w ay things work take some getting used to but the over a ll feel is much different and in a better wa y than any of the other Sims games ((To me)). No w it has a life and charm. The Sims feel r eal and its easy to connect to th em on a more emotional level. I think it''s the subtle things in there that make it feel like this bu t uh I don't know. I know it feels more complete//full//exciting than the other base games. I'm having more fun with th is than TS2 and that''s a surprise be cause I love TS2 Thank you Maxis//EA for this great game. Can't wait for EXP packs.

i agree the game runs very smoothly and I'm having so much fun with the base game !
    > @bluegayle_ said:
    > My first hour flew by. Just using a test sim for now but really love what I am seeing. Runs smooth no sign lag and have not had one incidence of clipping. In fact while my sim was going home she caught up to a sim on the path and walked around them. Not through them.
    > Now before I fall asleep I am going back to play some more.

my test sim is married already LOL
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It's very pretty, even though I'm on medium settings. Getting used to the camera is tricky, but I'm sure I'll get used to that. I would definitely recommend going through the tutorial, at least for the camera.

I added a little kitchen with some dining tables to the museum in Oasis Springs so that my cook would have a place to make meals (5 large servings of grilled cheese sandwiches are one of her requirements for the Master Chef aspiration). It was very easy to set that up once I figured out how to use buy mode. The "search" function is great. While she was cooking, Geoffrey Landgraab came and chatted with her -- nice multitasking.

I'm playing an insane sim, and she can get into emotional states for no reason at all -- just now she was sad and wanted to paint a sad painting.
    About paintings -- it's at least 50 simoleons to paint a small picture, but the first one my sim did was worth 84 simoleons when she was finished.

The bookcase comes well-stocked, and you can buy books directly from it. Lots of titles, the only one I can remember is "The Lord of the Swings." And there are little blurbs on each -- lots of work. I think when people explore things in the game, they'll find that there's a great deal of depth to what is there.
  • BlackRose09BlackRose09 Posts: 447 Member
    Not a negative post. Not trolling either.

I know where you are all coming from, but I feel like this game is incomplete. Like, this game has a lot of potential! A whole lot, but it would happen if it had an expansion pack. I felt the same way about Sims 3, too. I had the base game and I felt like it was incomplete and then when the expansion packs came out, it started to feel more filled out.

I'm still on edge on returning the game or keeping it still.
    > @BlackRose09 said:
    > Not a negative post. Not trolling either.
    >
    > I know where you are all coming from, but I feel like this game is incomplete. Like, this game has a lot of potential! A whole lot, but it would happen if it had an expansion pack. I felt the same way about Sims 3, too. I had the base game and I felt like it was incomplete and then when the expansion packs came out, it started to feel more filled out.
    >
    > I'm still on edge on returning the game or keeping it still.

it needs expansions other than the new features it feels like a average sims base game
  • BlackRose09BlackRose09 Posts: 447 Member
    edited September 2014
    Papaj wrote: »
    > @BlackRose09 said:<br />
    > Not a negative post. Not trolling either.<br />
    > <br />
    > I know where you are all coming from, but I feel like this game is incomplete. Like, this game has a lot of potential! A whole lot, but it would happen if it had an expansion pack. I felt the same way about Sims 3, too. I had the base game and I felt like it was incomplete and then when the expansion packs came out, it started to feel more filled out.<br />
    > <br />
    > I'm still on edge on returning the game or keeping it still.<br />
    <br />
    it needs expansions other than the new features it feels like a average sims base game

yeah it does. It was fun but I think I'll wait for base game with a bundled EXP in it. ANd plus I have this thing that when I buy a Sims game, it either will be discounted, have a sale or be bundled. And then I'm going to feel like I wasted my money when I could've waited.
    > @BlackRose09 said:
    > Papaj wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah it does. It was fun but I think I'll wait for base game with a bundled EXP in it. ANd plus I have this thing that when I buy a Sims game, it either will be discounted, have a sale or be bundled. And then I'm going to feel like I wasted my money when I could've waited.

i am a bit happy for the price i got the game for 42$ instead of the price origin is paying for but yeah cannot wait for EPS
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    It is wonderful reading so many positive comments on TS4 :)
    rnKEhBT.png
    > @kateoverend said:
    > It is wonderful reading so many positive comments on TS4

theres nothing really negative for a really good base sims game
  • SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    So good to read all these good reviews! Now I'm even more excited to play!
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.
  • Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    Can't wait to play!
    I can't believe I am still awake. Just wanted to post my first screenshot and my sims first trip to the bar. I did take a video but don't know how to post that here but it was active. Even had a sim give me "the look".

[img][/img]09-01-14_11-59nbspPM_zpsd49a2221.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    > @bluegayle_ said:
    > I can't believe I am still awake. Just wanted to post my first screenshot and my sims first trip to the bar. I did take a video but don't know how to post that here but it was active. Even had a sim give me "the look".
    >
    > [img]

i love how its a full house the bar !
    I have sims all over the place Papaj. The bar stayed really busy and Bob was one heck of a popular bartender. He didn't leave until after midnight. No wonder his wife is always nagging him. Or maybe the nagging is why he moonlights as a bartender?
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MadaphorMadaphor Posts: 78 Member
    I'm having fun just jumping around, playing with different households for a bit to get the feel of the game. Only problem: how do you easily just load a specific game? What if I want to load a save that is before the last save (I 'save as' a lot, and always end up with lots of numbered saves).

Now I'm going to try to build for a while, before I try to start a family. This is fun.
    > @bluegayle_ said:
    > I have sims all over the place Papaj. The bar stayed really busy and Bob was one heck of a popular bartender. He didn't leave until after midnight. No wonder his wife is always nagging him. Or maybe the nagging is why he moonlights as a bartender?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA i totally agree bob is very popular bartender he was bartending at both towns!
    > @Madaphor said:
    > I'm having fun just jumping around, playing with different households for a bit to get the feel of the game. Only problem: how do you easily just load a specific game? What if I want to load a save that is before the last save (I 'save as' a lot, and always end up with lots of numbered saves).
    >
    > Now I'm going to try to build for a while, before I try to start a family. This is fun.

on the main menu you can load quickly from the drop down menu i havent really tested it out yet