Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• SCelestine04SCelestine04 Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi!

I've been back and forth on this for over a month now and I even called up EA/Origin and gave them my PC dxdiag file and they said it should run. But now I'm worried. I can play the Demo on Ultra no problem and the Sims 3 with loads of expansions but still...

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7520G
    Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Can someone more tech savvy than me tell me if I can play this and on what graphic quality?

Thanks
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hi!<br />
    <br />
    I've been back and forth on this for over a month now and I even called up EA/Origin and gave them my PC dxdiag file and they said it should run. But now I'm worried. I can play the Demo on Ultra no problem and the Sims 3 with loads of expansions but still...<br />
    <br />
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7520G<br />
    Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Can someone more tech savvy than me tell me if I can play this and on what graphic quality?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks

Hello,

Your card is already on the list by the way! :D

Your PC should be able to play it, and I would expect you to be getting medium settings in The Sims 4. Be warned though that this may decrease to low-medium as patches and EPs are added.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    Hi!<br />
    <br />
    I've been back and forth on this for over a month now and I even called up EA/Origin and gave them my PC dxdiag file and they said it should run. But now I'm worried. I can play the Demo on Ultra no problem and the Sims 3 with loads of expansions but still...<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Can someone more tech savvy than me tell me if I can play this and on what graphic quality?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks

Hello,

Your PC should be able to play it, and I would expect you to be getting medium settings in The Sims 4. Be warned though that this may decrease to low-medium as patches and EPs are added.

Cody

Hi I did post my graphic card and was wondering if the GeForce 8600m GT will run the game?
    Hi!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks

Hello,

Cody

Hi I did post my graphic card and was wondering if the GeForce 8600m GT will run the game?

As long as the rest of your system meets the recommended requirements, I would expect you could play the game at medium graphical settings.

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • SCelestine04SCelestine04 Posts: 18 Member
    > @CodySimstein said:
    > SCelestine04 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi!

>

> I've been back and forth on this for over a month now and I even called up EA/Origin and gave them my PC dxdiag file and they said it should run. But now I'm worried. I can play the Demo on Ultra no problem and the Sims 3 with loads of expansions but still...

>

> Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7520G

> Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

>

>

> Can someone more tech savvy than me tell me if I can play this and on what graphic quality?

>

> Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > Your card is already on the list by the way!
    >
    > Your PC should be able to play it, and I would expect you to be getting medium settings in The Sims 4. Be warned though that this may decrease to low-medium as patches and EPs are added.
    >
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,
    >
    > Cody

Thanks Cody, I might get a new laptop in a year or two but if it runs right now that's all need =D
    Hi!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks

Hello,

Cody

As long as the rest of your system meets the recommended requirements, I would expect you could play the game at medium graphical settings.

Cody

Thanks for this I appreciate the feedback. I'll be happy with medium so that's ok. Fingers cross it works :)
  • chesneysavemechesneysaveme Posts: 42 New Member
    I know this list is a WIP...getting nervous that mine appears to be skipped in the Supported list so far...I have an AMD Radeon HD 7650A...Thanks for posting this list though you guys! I guess I'll just have to see how my computer runs the game in 6 hours
  • Going4Quests2Going4Quests2 Posts: 12 New Member
    Anyone have an idea how a Surface Pro 2 would do?
    Anyone have an idea how a Surface Pro 2 would do?

Isn't that a tablet?
  • Going4Quests2Going4Quests2 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @outerdragon said:
    > Going4Quests2 wrote: »
    >
    > Anyone have an idea how a Surface Pro 2 would do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Isn't that a tablet?
    It is, but Surface Pro 2 has Windows 8.1 pro and all Windows software can be installed on it. It has an Intel HD 4400 and Intel Core I5 with 4GB RAM.
  • Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    Just wanted to say that i have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M card and the CAS demo works perfectly when it's on ultra.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    lorzusa wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have AMD Radeon HD 7600M and Intel HD Graphics 4000.<br />
    They're not listed. <br />
    How will the Sims 4 run on my laptop? <br />

Hello,

The list is going to be updated in the next few days, so you may not see all the supported cards listed on here yet. I would expect you can play the base game at medium settings, however this could go to low-medium as EPs and SPs are added. I would also suggest investing in a laptop cooling pad to prevent overheating.

I hope this helps,

Cody
    Just a note on this particular intel card. It appears you have dual graphics on this laptop. I have this card along with a dedicated Nvidia card. I can tell you for sure that the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 is not on the GraphicsCards.sgr file for the CAS Demo. I reported the issue in my feedback for the demo here.

If they are going with onboard/integrated graphics on the minimum requirements, I suggested they add that card as I believe out of the entire Intel series, it's the only one not there. Too many user have this card and if combined with dual graphic the Demo/Game will pick it up by default. Since the card isn't on the list by default the game will drop the settings to LOW. If they updated the sgr files for the game I can't verify until I install the game tomorrow.

Make sure that the game is using the dedicated graphics card. You will have to set in the in AMD Catalyst Control Center and for Nvidia graphics the Nvidia Control Panel. I will keep you updated.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • carriej22carriej22 Posts: 12 New Member
    Just wanted to note.

I have a Radeon HD 6670 which is "orange", but I cranked the graphical settings to ultra and have noticed no lag, issues, or other problems what-so-ever. Playing for 30 minutes and running 66C which is pretty normal. The game looks smooth, clean, and nice.

However, I have not played much and this is as basic as it comes. Load screens were very quick, and very smooth playing thus far. However I have a pretty good system, an i7 with 8 gigs of ram.
  • KayytKayyt Posts: 118 Member
    mines coming up with Intel(R) HD Graphics Family as the name? does that mean i cant play it? also how to i go about getting a new graphics card?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
    it doesnt specify which hd one

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
    just played the game perfectly everythings ok and my graphics card says intel hd graphic family

> @outerdragon said:<br />
    > Going4Quests2 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Anyone have an idea how a Surface Pro 2 would do?<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Isn't that a tablet?<br />
    It is, but Surface Pro 2 has Windows 8.1 pro and all Windows software can be installed on it. It has an Intel HD 4400 and Intel Core I5 with 4GB RAM.

Hello,

Potentially it could work, as the Intel HD 4400 meets the minimum requirements. It would probably only handle lowest settings, but it probably won't last future patches and EPs, especially when its not actively cooled.
    Kayyt wrote: »
    mines coming up with Intel(R) HD Graphics Family as the name? does that mean i cant play it? also how to i go about getting a new graphics card?

it doesnt specify which hd one

If it doesn't specify which one, its probably going to be similar to the Intel HD graphics mentioned in the list. This is only able to handle low settings however, and I do not think it will last into future patches and EPs. If you have a laptop, the only way to upgrade a graphics card is to buy a completely new computer. If its a desktop, you can just upgrade the graphics card.

Cody

blunote00 wrote: »
    lorzusa wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have AMD Radeon HD 7600M and Intel HD Graphics 4000.<br />
    They're not listed. <br />
    How will the Sims 4 run on my laptop? <br />

Hello,

The list is going to be updated in the next few days, so you may not see all the supported cards listed on here yet. I would expect you can play the base game at medium settings, however this could go to low-medium as EPs and SPs are added. I would also suggest investing in a laptop cooling pad to prevent overheating.

I hope this helps,

Cody
    Just a note on this particular intel card. It appears you have dual graphics on this laptop. I have this card along with a dedicated Nvidia card. I can tell you for sure that the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 is not on the GraphicsCards.sgr file for the CAS Demo. I reported the issue in my feedback for the demo here.

If they are going with onboard/integrated graphics on the minimum requirements, I suggested they add that card as I believe out of the entire Intel series, it's the only one not there. Too many user have this card and if combined with dual graphic the Demo/Game will pick it up by default. Since the card isn't on the list by default the game will drop the settings to LOW. If they updated the sgr files for the game I can't verify until I install the game tomorrow.

Make sure that the game is using the dedicated graphics card. You will have to set in the in AMD Catalyst Control Center and for Nvidia graphics the Nvidia Control Panel. I will keep you updated.

As far as I know the Intel HD 4000 is supported (from the datamining thread), but only at low settings. I honestly don't think it will last much longer than the base game, but there's always hope. Also, once again EA's list isn't a full list of supported GPUs, whereas I hope this thread will have more once its fully updated.

carriej22 wrote: »
    Just wanted to note.<br />
    <br />
    I have a Radeon HD 6670 which is "orange", but I cranked the graphical settings to ultra and have noticed no lag, issues, or other problems what-so-ever. Playing for 30 minutes and running 66C which is pretty normal. The game looks smooth, clean, and nice.<br />
    <br />
    However, I have not played much and this is as basic as it comes. Load screens were very quick, and very smooth playing thus far. However I have a pretty good system, an i7 with 8 gigs of ram.

Hello,

There isn't a lot of information from EA's files about this specific card, so I had to make an informed guess based on where it stands compared to other graphics cards. I personally think it should be on the medium-high border, but may just handle high settings until the game is patched and EPs added in the future. I would not advise playing at Ultra - it may work for a while, but then it will probably cause problems in the future. This is a good article to explain why:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car

Cody

• spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > CodySimstein wrote: »
    >
    > cityguysims wrote: »
    >
    > Can a graphics card really be "overpowered"?? You have marked the Radeon R9 280x as well as the Geforce GTX 780 as "overpowered".
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What I mean by overpowered is that it would be a waste of money to buy an R9 280X instead of say an R9 270, because there would be no performance increase. Moreover, these cards would require more power, thus would mean the computer is more expensive to run, and would require better cooling because they generate more heat.
    >
    > The only time I would recommend someone buy one of the graphics cards I've marked overpowered is if they knew what they were doing when it comes to monitor resolution. Those graphics cards are designed for more intense gaming, for example first-person shooters played at high resolutions.
    >
    > I hope this makes sense,
    >
    > Cody
    >
    >
    >
    > for myself cards at that level are just for enthusiasts, definitely not required - now sli and crossfires - i think those set up are overpowering and actually could lead to performance issues so probably best for those good at tinkering software on top of hardware

What do you mean performance issues? I've got dual GTX 670's and I hope there aren't going to be any issues. I deliberately got high end ones because of Sims 3, and they worked hard to run that game.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Can someone confirm if these Dell 5547 model will play the game properly?

I can't post links as i "need to be around a little longer" apparently.
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    I have checked the list on the forum with listed supported graphics cards but this card is not mentioned so I'm not sure if it is adequate to run sims 4? Can anyone tell me if it will run with the best graphics, I don't want to run in laptop mode or with reduced graphics? I have reserved a laptop in a store so need an answer urgently as I don't want to but a laptop that isn't up to spec. It has 12 GB and has an i7 processor? Thanks in advance for any help :)

In the store they said it would, and the GTX 840M is supported but the GT840M is not? Help please!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

I have checked the list on the forum with listed supported graphics cards but this card is not mentioned so I'm not sure if it is adequate to run sims 4? Can anyone tell me if it will run with the best graphics, I don't want to run in laptop mode or with reduced graphics? I have reserved a laptop in a store so need an answer urgently as I don't want to but a laptop that isn't up to spec. It has 12 GB and has an i7 processor? Thanks in advance for any help :)

In the store they said it would, and the GTX 840M is supported but the GT840M is not? Help please!

I've responded to your thread.

• pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    I have noticed that you have the GT 640 in orange list, I have a 2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB is this the same card as the one you have listed? I also been playing the Demo without any problems, just not sure now if I will have problems with the game or not. I have not bought the game yet and don't plan on it until I make sure I am ok with the card I have. Thank you for putting this list together it is a great help!!