Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

who has fallen weak

1235...Next

Comments

• DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'm waiting quite a while, if getting it at all. I can't completely rule it out, but I need to see 'must have' CC for it, or it's a no sale for me. And that will take a bit of time to develop.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Not necessarily "falling" weak, but despite how disappointed I've become, I'm still buying it.
    I was super on the fence but decided that since it is available for the Great Games Guarantee then I should just buy it, test it out, and return if I don't like it since I need hands-on experience to decide if it is something I want/need.
    but does that work on a physical copy from Walmart?

• meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    I was never going to get it unless i saw good reviews. But now that its a day away I've conned my sister into buying me an early bday present lol. its great that there is a return guarantee!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I caved like a house of cards .... the woodworking skill is what did me in. This does not mean that I will be sucking up to ea like a love sick pup, there are still issues unresolved as far as I'm concerned and dang nab I want toddlers back .... pout :pB)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SDBmaniaSDBmania Posts: 68 Member
    I gave up and pre-ordered before I left for a weeks vacation about at the end of August. I'm glad, because all of the live broadcasts just got me more excited.
    Origin ID: sdbmania
    My blog:scottdavidbrown.com
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Love that picture @EAfan99

I personally am still waiting. I will probably just creep around the forum-- ok maybe not probably! lol When it drops to a price I like then I will 100% purchase!
  • Orion3132Orion3132 Posts: 65 Member
    who was not going to buy the game, but now that it is less than a day away who is jumping right on in?

Guilty as charged but I have faith that a lot of us are going to enjoy the game. Ya know? It looks really fun to play and while I don't see it as "Pre-order good" I think it'll be a good game over all. Especially once they get some of the more serious bugs fixed and a few expansions that will no doubt restore at least SOME of the cut content. Once that happens, I'm sure things will work out fine. :)
    TRUE GAMERS UNITE!
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    I'm conflicted. I have been VERY vocal about how horrible I think this game is going to be on this forum and with other gamer friends. Unfortunately, not with my boyfriend (non gamer, don't know how that happened LOL) who I've just learned has ordered it for me. Do I tell him that I know and let him scramble for a gift? Do I not tell him and never play it knowing EA still received money it DEFINITELY doesn't deserve? Returning it would be optimal for my conscious as far as EA is concerned, but still don't know how to deal with the situation. I'm from the south so yeah, how I handle this is important LMAO! Social protocol requires me to smile graciously, say thank you, hide it away out of sight in an out of the way closet, and from now until the end of time divert conversation away from the event! o:) It cannot be regifted and absolutely cannot be returned where someone might see me doing it. Go ahead, bring on the taunting :p Sigh. Acting excited and thankful won't be the problem. I'm a southern girl, it's innate ;) . The biggest problem is going to be knowing that there is a game, in my house, horrible as it may be, with The Sims name on it. How long will I be able to stay away from that closet!!!?
    I was weak but I am strong again..
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    weak?
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    This is quite literally a falling week:

139213.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I watched twitch all day to see how others played and felt about it since all that was real time, live players. They said a lot of colorful comments, and much of what makes a Sim a Sim isn't in this game. Never mind the broken promises of them most intuitive, expressive, emotional Sims ever. Not. Just fortified my determination not to buy this farce. If it goes on sale I don't even know I will buy it then. All I see are the robotic TS3 Sims in this game with less emotions than before, no reactions to anything in game, dead bodies, fires, cheating, nothing. Why in the world would I want to spend $60 on a game that is more cartoony than all get out, and has again, a washed out, watered down Sim in it just like the TS3? It was supposed to be everything they promised. (which I knew better) even EPs can't help the Sim unless they do a redo. I mean plus the glitched out baby pictures of deformed babies with their eyes all glitched out and their bodies stretched and someone telling me it's worth it? Not. I have eyes, and I know what I think is good programming and what I feel is lame programming. I mean what Sims game have you guys ever played in your life where the Sim doesn' t care about dead Sims, or fires, or cheating? 'That" is The Sims and this isn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    sims 2 is still the best of all time... love them
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2014

I agree as far as the Sim in the game. I knew they couldn't top that. Hated to be wrong to myself but it's just a fact.

ETA: ha I mean I hated telling myself I would be right, and I was.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member

Completely agree. I've been playing it a lot lately! Bad move on EA's part to release it to us all again. Just reminded us of how great a Sims game is supposed to be.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

Nope. I've never had to do what everyone else is doing and nothing has changed my mind.

Have fun everyone- Happy Simming! :D
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I hope you guys enjoy the game that has changed their mind. :)

The glitchy babies will freak me out though. Lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    No. I was waiting to see if all of the trimming that they did was worth it. If we really did get "smarter" sims in return. Haven't seen any evidence of that. In fact, only evidence to the contrary. So, no.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Nope. I've never had to do what everyone else is doing and nothing has changed my mind.

Have fun everyone- Happy Simming! :D

This makes me so sad :'( I will really miss reading your posts about the game and all the help you give. I was also really hoping that when there is a way to make neighborhoods you would be one of the first. I have always loved your worlds. Such quality.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Completely agree. I've been playing it a lot lately! Bad move on EA's part to release it to us all again. Just reminded us of how great a Sims game is supposed to be.

The whole collection is great, yes. But playing sims 2 base game is so boring. I played just the base game a couple times to compare it to sims 3 and 4 base game. Only thing is, I couldn't remember if we could edit sims 3 community lots from the start. Now that I can modify the venues, and lots in sims 4 to make it more appealing to me, it will make things more fun. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Not enough information to make me want to buy it yet. But I hope others are happy and having fun with it.
  • teenagechaossteenagechaoss Posts: 52 Member
    I caved, and i caved hard. 20 minutes to go!! :D
    it is really expensive for all they took away, this game better redeem its self or else people will be so upset to get the sims 3 all over again
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    who was not going to buy the game, but now that it is less than a day away who is jumping right on in?

After I saw how glitchy and unpolished it is, I'm relieved I didn't get it.