Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA never FIXED the severe CLIPPING (and other bugs)

Well, well, well. EA caught in another tale of fiction!

While watching the live broadcasts, I was, like many others, disgusted with the amount of clipping in this game. Sims would walk right through each other, and one sim even SAT on another sim. Yes, sat right THROUGH the other sim. People kept making excuses (naturally), and stated that it was the old build for the game, and that it would be fixed by the release. Or not...

cd105df3-035a-4866-9fa8-4ac6061ef0aa_zpsb3527f96.jpg?t=1409612065
dde5f527-a30d-4628-83aa-4aff04414968_zpsb34726f9.jpg?t=1409612438
2ns82tx.jpg

As you can see, sims are still walking through each other! I guess it would make sense that EA took ghosts out, since these sims are pretty much the same, considering they walk RIGHT THROUGH each other. Sims are even doing push ups THROUGH each other! Sims are the new ghosts. >:)

Then, we have EA telling us how they improved upon TS3. How they learned from their mistakes. How they fixed the bugs from the last game! Or not...

2uh9yqp.png
2n15ic3.jpg

Poor babies. They're trying to hard to grow into toddlers. :'(

Now, I'm sure I will see the following excuses:
a. It's to be expected! We'll just wait for the patch.
b. That's because of bad CC!
c. That's okay! EA will fix it!
d. I never cared about clipping, or these demented babies, anyway! I LOVE TS4!

Just to be clear, these images are from the vanilla base game, meaning no CC at all. This is the product EA is selling. An unfinished product, that isn't even fixed. I mean, missing features aside, the LEAST EA could have done was fix the bugs that they stated they would. Why should we be accustomed to waiting for patches to fix the already broken game? Patches should NOT be a regular thing. TS3 patches were way too much. TS3 needed a huge patch after launch. And now there needs to be a patch for all of this! Which isn't even close to being surprising, considering the same people who made TS3, made this game. I expected nothing more. It's shameful, really.

If this isn't any more proof, that all EA cares about, is your money, then I don't know what is. The fact that they're selling this unfinished, buggy product for $70, is insulting. And I'm sure I'll have TS4 lovers, berate me and disagree with my post, even though there is evidence (pictures), to prove how messy this game is, but quite honestly, I don't care. Think what you want. Buy the game, and enjoy it! But this, IN MY OPINION, is unacceptable.

Comments

• athyrmoseathyrmose Posts: 223 Member
    Okay.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    100%!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    scary...
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2014
    kirby356 wrote: »

2uh9yqp.png
    2n15ic3.jpg

Saw this while viewing on my Ipad but now I'm on my PC I can see it better. That is really creepy! I haven't seen anything like that in a game in years. I think some of the pets in TS3 had a few funny animations but they are often rare, as is one store 🐸🐸🐸🐸 looks weird from a distance but that would horrify even the most Hardcore of Simmers!
  • phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    I'm beyond bummed out at what this game is. I wanted Sims 4 so bad when I first heard about it and now it's just such a bid disappointment that I don't think there is any fixing, other than releasing a Sims 5
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,101 Member
    joop123 wrote: »
    scary...

No, it would be scary if your sims could experience fear. Yes that emotion sadly is not in the game sigh. What does this game have?
  • PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    Of course they were using the latest version of the game, they may never fix the clipping. On the Brightside, it makes for some very funny screenshots. Aw those people exercising ;)
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    Saw this while viewing on my Ipad but now I'm on my PC I can see it better. That is really creepy! I haven't seen anything like that in a game in years. I think some of the pets in TS3 had a few funny animations but they are often rare, as is one store 🐸🐸🐸🐸 looks weird from a distance but that would horrify even the most Hardcore of Simmers!
    The babies were creepy enough as they are, but this is terrifying. It reminds of that bug in TS3 where the toddlers and babies would spazz out like they were having a seizure. Now that was from bad CC. But the fact that this is from a vanilla base game, is concerning.
    Asuka7794 wrote: »

Oh baby Jesus. They have taken clipping and bugging to the next level.

I am scared...

Its a shame as the female Sim holding the baby isn't bad looking. Its like she has given birth to a monster lol
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I think clipping is a feature and is the way EA solved the 'stuck sims'/routing problems. I don't think it is something that will be fixed.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
    The babies were creepy enough as they are, but this is terrifying. It reminds of that bug in TS3 where the toddlers and babies would spazz out like they were having a seizure. Now that was from bad CC. But the fact that this is from a vanilla base game, is concerning.

Never used CC myself so not seen that. Word is there is a patch up already though but imagine playing the game and seeing that happen!
  • justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    All games have clipping and bugs. I'll live.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    @Kerem93, if you keep on falsely flagging us for abuse, then I'll just contact customer service. I've already done so for 2 people, and they haven't been seen on the forum since (Mattific7, and ReubenHood). Stop the pettiness. And unflagging us, would be nice.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

2uh9yqp.png
    2n15ic3.jpg

That is so common with toddlers in Sims 3.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    The plum? Why did I get flagged for abuse? You gotta be plumming kidding me. I hate this site.

Because you shattered someone's dream of a perfect game? I dunno. I agree with you.

• thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I wonder what the people on the forums would do if the did not complain 24/7 about the game, Maybe get a job so they can do something besides troll the forums?
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    The plum? Why did I get flagged for abuse? You gotta be plumming kidding me. I hate this site.

Someone went on a flagging spree one, two those babies look like the CC horrors from TS3 o.O ..They really are demon babies!
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    omg this is hilarious... it's even worse than I thought. What is with those poor babies?? >:)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top