Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 releasing at 9:00pm or 12:00am? Confused

Hello,

So I'm sure this has been asked before so I'm sorry.

My origin client said the preload for my game was August 29 at 10:00am now I'm in the eastern time zone. I had work and didn't bother I assumed it was 1pm for the time difference. I got an email while at work saying it was ready at 1:03pm. Proving my claim right. Why they would show it as 10:00am is beyond me. I'm in Toronto Canada

So I'm wondering it says playable on September 1st 9pm? Is that entirely true. I never got to test if my preload worked at 10am. Is the date listing accurate. If not it's ok . I'm just wondering should I be excited for 9pm or 12am lol

Comments

• stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    9 PM pacific time is the same as 12 AM Eastern time. No matter where you live in the US, you're going to get the game at the same time as everybody else.
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    It depends on your timezone. I am Pacific Standard Time, therefore since the game is releasing at 12am EST, I will get it 9pm PST as I'm 3 hours behind. Hope this helps :)
  • BlueGnomeBluesBlueGnomeBlues Posts: 35 New Member
    edited September 2014
    The client is saying it's 9pm though. Is that client accurate at listing the right times? No idea why they think I'm in western time zone lol maybe I'll just have to wait. The whole time they've Been treating me like I've been in the west and not EST
  • lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    edited September 2014
    Depends in which timezone you are located.

Here the release schedule: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-The-Sims-4-release-schedule/m-p/3354431

And here a great timezone converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

From what I can see there, it should be 12am for you.

The preload is something different though. You can download the game already, but it unlocks at the times in the release schedule. It's just if you have a slow internet connection, you can download before the release so that you can play as soon as the game releases.
  • tayluhlebretontayluhlebreton Posts: 96 Member
    It should say on your Origin client what time you are able to play it. 7.5 ish hours.
    The client is saying it's 9pm though. Is that client accurate at listing the right times? No idea why they think I'm in western time zone lol maybe I'll just have to wait. The whole time they've Been treating me like I've been in the west and not EST

Perhaps your ISP gives you an IP from Pacific timezone ... It's not unheard of.
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    If it hasn't preloaded for you and you don't see an option to preload, exit Origin and enter it again. I had to run an Origin update this past weekend to get the preload option to show up for me.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    lady8jane wrote: »

Perhaps your ISP gives you an IP from Pacific timezone ... It's not unheard of.

Yeah it goes by the time at the central station where you connect to your ISP so there main switch board might be in a different time zone so that why you a getting a different release time. For me my ISP thinks I am in a neighboring city which is kind of weird since it about 2 KM away from my home
    [quote="lady8jane;12544201"][quote="BlueGnomeBlues;12544174"]The client is saying it's 9pm though. Is that client accurate at listing the right times? No idea why they think I'm in western time zone lol maybe I'll just have to wait. The whole time they've Been treating me like I've been in the west and not EST[/quote]

Perhaps your ISP gives you an IP from Pacific timezone ... It's not unheard of.[/quote]

Maybe your right. This has happened before with one of the sims expansion packs but that was a different laptop. I just popped open the store in the client. Says your stories begin 00 days : 04hrs :30 mins , it's only 4:30 PM here in Toronto. So that makes it 9pm. I'm not complaining just confused lol
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I should be wake up upto late
    Here at Argentina will be Tuesdat at 1 am
    Never mind I just realized my computer default set in the pacific time zone. The internal clock I don't think is entirely accurate now. So it's technically midnight for me :P thanks for the input
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    I wonder if I put my computer clock on PST if it will unlock the game sooner? Even though I'm actually in CST...
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • poptart52poptart52 Posts: 60 Member
    i don't know if this is true, but someone said that Gurus on Twitch were saying it would be playable at 9 Eastern?? i realize we've all heard midnight so i don't know where this is coming from.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I'm in central US time and mine says 9 pm.
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

origin says 11pm CST on my pc...
    Huge Sim Fanatic
    North America: Tuesday 9/2/2014 at 00:00 EDT <-- Eastern is 12am.
    i'm Central and mine says 11.

Like i said, i know we were all told midnight Eastern. i'm just trying to see if anyone else heard these Gurus say otherwise?

@BlueGnomeBlues You should try it at 9PM you might get it earlier then you wanted which is a bonus. Also glad to find another Sims fan from Toronto :P since that where I am from
    edited September 2014
    [quote="JPG619;12544466"][quote="BlueGnomeBlues;12544174"]The client is saying it's 9pm though. Is that client accurate at listing the right times? No idea why they think I'm in western time zone lol maybe I'll just have to wait. The whole time they've Been treating me like I've been in the west and not EST[/quote]

@BlueGnomeBlues You should try it at 9PM you might get it earlier then you wanted which is a bonus. Also glad to find another Sims fan from Toronto :P since that where I am from
    [/quote]

Let's hope!!!! I've been sleeping all day so I can stay up all night . That and I've got work at 8am -_- lol!! I hope it's 9. That's awesome! Never been able to find random people near me who play the same game. That's cool! :P :)
    JPG619 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    @BlueGnomeBlues You should try it at 9PM you might get it earlier then you wanted which is a bonus. Also glad to find another Sims fan from Toronto :P since that where I am from<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Let's hope!!!! I've been sleeping all day so I can stay up all night . That and I've got work at 8am -_- lol!! I hope it's 9. That's awesome! Never been able to find random people near me who play the same game. That's cool! :P :)

Lets hope so @BlueGnomeBlues to bad I have to work the tomorrow too but my game will not arrive till Wednesday since I ordered it from Amazon and then have to work Wednesday too so I be up late after work Wednesday night play since I work 2PM till 11PM :(
    edited September 2014
    www .twitch. tv/thesims/c/ 5046281

Minute 2:26 (delete the spaces).

It's 9 pm for Pacific. Therefore, 10 pm Mountain, 11 Central, and midnight Eastern. The person who posted about it heard incorrectly. :(
  • jeriwade1jeriwade1 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm CST...yesterday it said 9 p.m. and today it says 11 p.m. (like it's supposed to). LOL I WAS happy with 9 p.m. but I knew it was wrong. :'(
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    9pm west USA
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    pc452000 wrote: »
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

origin says 11pm CST on my pc...
    I'm looking right at it and it says 9 pm....
  • katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    I'm in Hamilton and it says I'll get it at midnight.. I think its safe to assume you will too? I'd check at 9pm just in case but don't count on it in case it doesn't release till midnight. @BlueGnomeBlues
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif