Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blurred gameplay

I live in Asia so I got the game early. However, it's impossible to play because the background (ie where the sims are in live mode) is super blurred. The foreground where the emotions, needs bar etc are, is crystal clear though. Same for notifications. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I'm running the game via bootcamp on an iMac (2011 model, sorry can't access my specs now).

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

Is your Windows OS fully up to date, with the latest service pack?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

What graphics settings are you playing at? (Also, what is your screen size - may be able to determine which model you have).

By the way, there isn't confirmed playability via Bootcamp yet, so your feedback may be useful.

Thanks,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @chewyc nich and cody questions are great also know BluebellFlora in the mac section is prepared to help fellow mac users with games issues, just post full details here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/748338/a-mac-users-best-friend-please-read-before-posting-any-new-problem-threads#latest

good luck
  • chewycchewyc Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi @CodySimstein,

Managed to find this from my email:
    2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    1TB Serial ATA Drive
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB GDDR5

It's a 21.5 inch iMac, if you still need the info.

I'm playing on "high" graphics. I did try switching it to ultra and medium but no luck. :(

@Nichaedemus I believe it's up to date as I recall installing some windows update just before I played the sims 4.
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Could you try turning off "Post Processing Effects" in the graphics settings please?

Also for the future, I would advise playing on medium-high settings, so that your system doesn't burn out. Probably closer to medium if you're playing at the native resolution of 1920x1080. This is a good explanation of why:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    I only noticed blur appearance randomly on the characters.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Similar issue but very choppy...
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    Here is what I have mine set at. It seemed to get rid of the blurry. Sims -med. Objects-med. Lighting-low. Reflections-low . Visual-low.
    Play around with the game options. The pain part is you have to restart the game to see what works best.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    edited September 2014
    blurry.png

notblurry.png
    So as to not make another post. I edited this one.
    I played around with the game options again. This is what I set it to. No blurry. Sims- High . Objects -High.Lighting-Low.
    Reflections-Med. Visual-High.
    Post edited by mrln1975 on
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • RyanSSealeyRyanSSealey Posts: 9 New Member
    I am using BootCamp on a 2011 mac as well, and have the same problem. I am able to consistently "fix" the blur by going to Options, enabling Laptop Mode, closing options, disabling Laptop Mode, then playing the game without restarting it. It seems to hold between play sessions as well.

I'm not sure yet if it is always caused with new games or only when the Tutorial is first started.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Most of us from last night discovered you need to turn off "Post Processing Effects" to avoid blurring issues. HTH
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • DojanDojan Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Willow said:
    > Most of us from last night discovered you need to turn off "Post Processing Effects" to avoid blurring issues. HTH

I'm assuming that this is a bug. The blurriness people are experiencing is the depth-of-field effect gone haywire. When it works as it should it's a much subtler effect.
  • GeekGeek Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Willow said:
    > Most of us from last night discovered you need to turn off "Post Processing Effects" to avoid blurring issues. HTH

Turned it off, restarted the game, same thing :(
  • meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    thankgod i saw this post. I have the EXACT same problem with my bootcamped Imac
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    If you're on a Mac please can you post here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777470/the-sims-4-on-boot-camp-virtual-machines#latest

TS4 IS working happily for some of us in Boot Camp and VMs. If you can list your iMac specs too we could try and figure out the problem?
    apple-signature.png
  • chase_paynechase_payne Posts: 58 Member
    Technically speaking, boot camp is literally windows machine if you booted your Macintosh into it and has no relevance to causing your problem but rather what model of your Mac makes a difference so that way it's possible for us to look up the hardware specifications.
  • SammiBowammiSammiBowammi Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    sorry. wrong thread!
  • espizhitoespizhito Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I've got the exact same problem with my Imac on windows (bootcamp). s30.postimg.org/biu2owe5t/IMG_06092014_132500.png
    (don't know how to post it here)