March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    Well, no problem here. My old card amd hd 7750 can run it recommended it also my new card amd r7 265. :)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    joop123 wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    AMD radeon HD 6450/7450 should be on there in orange :)

@joop123 can you provide the full APU info, thanks

Mine is a dedicated card, but here is a pic of GPU-Z :) (the cards bus interface is 2.0 but my motherboard only supports 1.1)

Gpu-z.PNG
    ah ok the two cards is how i read APU

• joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    AMD radeon HD 6450/7450 should be on there in orange :)

@joop123 can you provide the full APU info, thanks

Mine is a dedicated card, but here is a pic of GPU-Z :) (the cards bus interface is 2.0 but my motherboard only supports 1.1)

Gpu-z.PNG
    ah ok the two cards is how i read APU
    oh ok :) i just said 6450/7450 because the 7450 is just a rebadge of 6450 :) but mine is slightly overclocked :)
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've got an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (laptop) and the Demo runs fine on the highest settings! Please, check if it can perfectly run the game and add it in the list... Thanks! :)

@gothprincess4ever here is the games default settings for your card
    card 0x68C1 "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series" $cardLevelLowmedium $resolutionMedium

low/medium settings and medium resolution

based on age of the age do be mind of the cards performance you may need to lower settings

Oh no, this saddens me... I thought it could at least run with some settings on the highest edge... :'( My laptop is a bit old but I've got a good cooling system and haven't played many games except for The Sims, only 1-2 Tomb Raider ones and Mirror's Edge.
  • babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    edited September 2014
    Could someone look at my system and tell me if I can play sims 4?

Thank you for the answers. I removed the specs for my computer for security reasons...

Again, thank you.
    Post edited by babycakemom on
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Thanks for setting this up @codysimstein!

The computer I am possibly buying should be fine, but even my laptop should be ok. It says medium for my laptop card, but I feel low would be better suited until I confirm what computer I am going to buy!
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @babycakemom Very likely medium settings. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • twinklekztwinklekz Posts: 166 Member
    Thank you, what an amazing thread! I will be playing on my boyfriends laptop! He has an i5 and Nvidia Geforce 540m. Happy to see that it will play well! I'm saving up for a new laptop. It's an MSI and it has the GTX 860m :):)
    @twinklekz Tip: Only use laptops if you travel a lot and/or require a computer by your side at most times. Otherwise, invest in a desktop PC, it's much cheaper.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • twinklekztwinklekz Posts: 166 Member
    @RazorXv2 I'm Irish and living in Canada with my boyfriend and I travel home and my laptop comes too! We live in an apartment too so no room for a desktop! When we get a bigger place (or our own house lol!) I will definitely be getting a desktop!
    @twinklekz Then definitely a laptop for you until you find a place to settle in long-term. :) Best of luck for the new home!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • cityguysimscityguysims Posts: 38 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Can a graphics card really be "overpowered"?? You have marked the Radeon R9 280x as well as the Geforce GTX 780 as "overpowered".
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Can a graphics card really be "overpowered"?? You have marked the Radeon R9 280x as well as the Geforce GTX 780 as "overpowered".

What I mean by overpowered is that it would be a waste of money to buy an R9 280X instead of say an R9 270, because there would be no performance increase. Moreover, these cards would require more power, thus would mean the computer is more expensive to run, and would require better cooling because they generate more heat.

The only time I would recommend someone buy one of the graphics cards I've marked overpowered is if they knew what they were doing when it comes to monitor resolution. Those graphics cards are designed for more intense gaming, for example first-person shooters played at high resolutions.

I hope this makes sense,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
    hi @babycakemom

here's the default game setting for your card
    card 0x9904 "AMD Radeon HD 7560D" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium

settings medium and resolution medium

i see your native resolution is already lowered at
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

because of this you may be able to have higher settings if it visually helps, but of course only turn up settings if the system is running fine. and do note integrated chips typically do not perform well over the long haul, so its also possible you may need to lower settings once EPs, patches start rolling out

twinklekz wrote: »
    Thank you, what an amazing thread! I will be playing on my boyfriends laptop! He has an i5 and Nvidia Geforce 540m. Happy to see that it will play well! I'm saving up for a new laptop. It's an MSI and it has the GTX 860m :):)
    hey @twinklekz yea the 860m is a pretty nice card for your boyfriend it is important to be mindful of age of system, lowering settings could help this older system continue to play with out performance issues, good luck

What I mean by overpowered is that it would be a waste of money to buy an R9 280X instead of say an R9 270, because there would be no performance increase. Moreover, these cards would require more power, thus would mean the computer is more expensive to run, and would require better cooling because they generate more heat.

The only time I would recommend someone buy one of the graphics cards I've marked overpowered is if they knew what they were doing when it comes to monitor resolution. Those graphics cards are designed for more intense gaming, for example first-person shooters played at high resolutions.

I hope this makes sense,

Cody
    for myself cards at that level are just for enthusiasts, definitely not required - now sli and crossfires - i think those set up are overpowering and actually could lead to performance issues so probably best for those good at tinkering software on top of hardware
  • GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    Thanks for this :joy: , I was so worried that my card (GTX 580) may not perform up to par, you just reassured me that it would :D
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
    Thanks for this :joy: , I was so worried that my card (GTX 580) may not perform up to par, you just reassured me that it would :D
    ha @GarvelleGrant until the titan's release 580 was a monster, and it is still a beast so unless its showing any signs of age you are good to go.
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2014
    www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-desktop-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/5814032.p?id=1219194065876&skuId=5814032

I know I already asked about this comp, but now that you have the supported card list and I read online for this computer they dedicate 1gb to the card and the other 7gb to the system. Would that be ok? My dad doesn't feel like returning anything. If I don't want it he is just going to keep it. But I would prefer a free computer! Lol

Edit: I would like to keep the sims 3, ambitions, Uni and supernatural installed on the computer too.
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    dowens13 wrote: »
    www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-desktop-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/5814032.p?id=1219194065876&skuId=5814032

I know I already asked about this comp, but now that you have the supported card list and I read online for this computer they dedicate 1gb to the card and the other 7gb to the system. Would that be ok? My dad doesn't feel like returning anything. If I don't want it he is just going to keep it. But I would prefer a free computer! Lol

The Sims 4 would probably use 2-3GB of RAM, and your other Windows 8 processes would only use 2GB maximum as far as I know. So that does leave you with some headroom if these numbers are inaccurate.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • KarlaLemesKarlaLemes Posts: 9 New Member
    Oh this made me very happy, I was worried my AMD R7 260X graphic card won't be good enough for max settings but now I'm quite satisfied. :D
  • RobynpaulaRobynpaula Posts: 101 Member
    YAY!! I'm supported!! AMD Raedon R7 260 series graphics card :) Sometimes with Sims 3 I would get a notification saying it didn't recognize or support my graphics card... But this is a HUGE encourager for me, seeing as I'm "still on the fence" about Sims 4 :|
  • KeenaKeena Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have a Dell Studio XPS 8000, with the ATI Radeon HD 5770 card. Is this supported? Or is there a way for me to check? Thank you!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited September 2014
    I assume these Inspiron 15 5000 series can play the game? I can't post links as i've not been around long enough apparently.
  • outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    Hay sorry am a bit late to this post, but could you tell me if the Nvidia GeForce 8600m Gt. is supported and if so how well the game may run. Thanks :)