Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Pinstar1161 - Thanks for explaining. Will that note be in the rules you publish for us?
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    @Pinstar1161 - Thanks for explaining. Will that note be in the rules you publish for us?

Absolutely! The rules will give you very specific instructions on how to get started AND I will be doing a youtube video to demonstrate it in game just so there is no confusion.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

Absolutely! The rules will give you very specific instructions on how to get started AND I will be doing a youtube video to demonstrate it in game just so there is no confusion.

Thank you. I look forward to it.
  • AyerimRPDAyerimRPD Posts: 54 Member
    Yes! I'm so excited!!! @Pinstar you are awesome! :D:D:D
    tumblr_n1x8qqOPAa1r2y7r9o4_500.gif
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    So I didn't see a familyfunds cheat, do we just buy a specific item and delete it? Do we even have a 'delete object' cheat? :/

The lot itself costs you 10k. There is a specific set of armor you must purchase and place in your family inventory. This acts as your "Title" A sort of coat-of-arms if you will. You can never remove that armor from inventory, nor may you sell it. It does drop you down to proper poverty levels. I tested that with the Masque family during my creator camp experience. (It was literally the first thing I tested). So in reality, you don't need any cheats to start off your family.

@Pinstar1161 Thanks! :)
    giphy.gif
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Pinstar1161 - I am very excited to start a Legacy Challenge and I really hope you do an Apocalypse Challenge later as well. We have been working really hard on the TS3 Apocalypse Challenge modeled after your rules for TS2. Here is a link if anyone is interested: http://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/Home I just completed my TS3 Apocalypse Challenge. It took me four months! But perfect timing for TS4 and a new Legacy Challenge... :D
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I am going to do Strict Matriarchy--Living Will--Strict Traditional

Hopefully it doesn't take 5 kids to have a girl!
  • MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    I've been playing The Sims since Sims 1 got out and I've never done a legacy challenge! So for The Sims 4 I think I'm going to give it a try! :D I think it's about time. ;)
    I'm going with: Equality - First Born - Traditional
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    dowens13 wrote: »

That is the danger of strict matriarchy/patriarchy. Pretty much any of the "Strict" succession laws are going to be a bit harder than their non-strict counterparts, but that just makes for more drama which is always good for storytelling :)
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
    An example would be what happened in my game this past week. 5 daughters before the 1st son was born. lol It happens. :)
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    dowens13 wrote: »

That is the danger of strict matriarchy/patriarchy. Pretty much any of the "Strict" succession laws are going to be a bit harder than their non-strict counterparts, but that just makes for more drama which is always good for storytelling :)

That's why I am going to try! For the challenge! I almost thought of allowing modern, but then it would be too easy to just adopt a child of the gender I need! Also, with the living will, it will force me to explore the relationships more.

Cannot wait to see the rules on Thursday! Thank you for all you do for the community!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Only a short while (less than 30 minutes) and I will be able to play.... finally! Personally I will be playing thru the tutorial to get an idea of how everything is supposed to work. Then I will do a 'real' save game. Waiting for @Pinstar to post the walkthru of how to start before actually doing this challenge. b020.gif So Excited!
  • zombiesquirezombiesquire Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've also played Sims since the original and never even heard about a legacy challenge before coming to the forums here! This sounds very neat, I'm definitely going to try it! I tend to be a Dreamer/Architect type player. I also just love creating characters and dressing them up haha. So this will be interesting as a change. I look forward to the rules! My game just finished downloading.

I decided I was going to do a Strict Patriarchy - First Born - Traditional. Now to think up some founders!
    Post edited by zombiesquire on
    The Dupont Legacy - http://sims4living.tumblr.com

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
  • dlmetzlerdlmetzler Posts: 14 New Member
    It's downloading now! Can't wait for the rule for the legacy!! Thanks Pinstar for all you do :)
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    I want to start a legacy so bad in Sims 4! I can NOT wait! :D *is super excited*
  • VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    I'm FINALLY going to give this challenge a try. I've always read about it, but never played. TS4 for some reason makes me want to try it out. I hope I'm successful.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I'm embarrassingly excited for the rules release today! :#
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    now that i'm making progress building i'm excited too.
    I will definitely be doing a legacy with the new rules. I can't wait either! I did start a family while I wait and you won't believe what just happened! One of my teens died of embarrassment. Yes DIED. lol So be very careful.
    I will definitely be doing a legacy with the new rules. I can't wait either! I did start a family while I wait and you won't believe what just happened! One of my teens died of embarrassment. Yes DIED. lol So be very careful.

just curious what happend.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited September 2014
    Building is different now, isn't it? Lol! I spent probably half an hour last night playing with roofs and cussing like a pirate. I have a way to go before I can confidently do rooms well. I keep accidentally rotating the wrong things and mangling my hovel. :s
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    @friendsfan367 - I have a family of seven. He kept on walking in on other sims taking a bath because his bladder need was critical. Or maybe he kept getting walked in on. I forget. Anyway, the embarrassing moments for him became one too many and he collapsed upon the floor after trying to huddle himself down in an embarrassed way. Grim came, the mother pleaded for him, Grim didn't care and the urn popped up. He really did die. For good.

@FloorRaisin - I LOVE the new build mode. It will take some getting use to. :)
    i couldn't get the foundation to show then a friend said you need walls first. now i'm stuck agan the house i built has stairs and a door but my sims wont go inside.
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    i couldn't get the foundation to show then a friend said you need walls first. now i'm stuck agan the house i built has stairs and a door but my sims wont go inside.

Are the stairs directly against the door? Or did you provide them with a small landing?
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    This will be my first official legacy challenge! I think I'll go with Equality & Strict Traditional but I'm not sure about the heir yet. I'll either do Living Will or First Born :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top