Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diner in Base Game?! (Pics Inside)

Comments

• Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    those pictures look awesome can not wait till tuesday :D
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    i really like those screens. makes me excited to play! ;) Just awhile longer, guys. I can't wait.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Jey585Jey585 Posts: 27 New Member
    Those pictures look to good to be true probably staged If only it was in the base game. :\
  • PixieCaramel20PixieCaramel20 Posts: 9 New Member
    Jey585 wrote: »
    Those pictures look to good to be true probably staged If only it was in the base game. :\

Most likely.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    Sorry, I have watched so many videos from all the Creator's Camps and such so I don't remember where I have seen everything, but the picture of the "Fast Food" place was definitely the picture that came up when a teen was choosing a part-time job, just as the clothing shop was a pic for a job as well. The cafe next to the carwash is background only in Oasis Springs. The glass with straw icon is for the juice bars. I'm not trying to be negative, but I don't want people to build their hopes up and think less of the game because they fell for a little hype. There will not be working diners in the base game, but I do think it is something that will show up again with an expansion.

And on a side note, I almost "disagreed" with the first post, because I know those pictures are not hinting at a working diner that comes with the base game. If someone states something that I know to not be true, I'll mark a disagree, not to be mean, but because that statement is wrong in my estimation.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I wish. A functional restaurant, cafe, clothing shop would push me into the Buy category.
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I'm excited!!! If those pictures are even a fraction of what the game may be it'll be fun.

Completely, and totally, love this Matrix-ish photo!
    BwW8u6rCMAAO_5Q.png:large

If that is associated with the criminal career my chef will be making career change.
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    these pics are nice. since the beginning ive been thinking there is so much to the game that has yet to be revealed. that is the main reason why i feel they are keeping info away from reviewers. the element of surprise & most importantly...they DO want you to buy it. what would be the point if they showed you everything the game has to offer before purchase?

personally like the idea that i will be surprised at certain things not shown in any live broadcasts or pics. makes me feel like i got my moneys worth.

wishful thinking: that they add in the ability to bring real life friends from your friends lists into your game for co-op play. imagine your real life friends being able to come to your sim house as their sim and woohoo or even have related families.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    I'm excited!!! If those pictures are even a fraction of what the game may be it'll be fun.

If that is associated with the criminal career my chef will be making career change.

Matrix career?? :D

tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Aoralys wrote: »
    Sorry, I have watched so many videos from all the Creator's Camps and such so I don't remember where I have seen everything, but the picture of the "Fast Food" place was definitely the picture that came up when a teen was choosing a part-time job, just as the clothing shop was a pic for a job as well. The cafe next to the carwash is background only in Oasis Springs. The glass with straw icon is for the juice bars. I'm not trying to be negative, but I don't want people to build their hopes up and think less of the game because they fell for a little hype. There will not be working diners in the base game, but I do think it is something that will show up again with an expansion.

And on a side note, I almost "disagreed" with the first post, because I know those pictures are not hinting at a working diner that comes with the base game. If someone states something that I know to not be true, I'll mark a disagree, not to be mean, but because that statement is wrong in my estimation.

And we see that some people are already expecting diners in the game. The clothes shop/diner/restaurant are all EA pics in a preload folder as Peter said. Since the clothes shop was proven (by a simguru) to not exist, there is every indication the diner and restaurant do not either. They are not on the maps either.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Forgive me if this is old news but check out these screen shots..They didn't show us a lot us this stuff during live mode.

http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/the-sims-4-exclusive-screenshots.200/

Diner.png

Diner2.png[/URL]

The top one is an image for a part time job for teens, and the bottom one is probably for the professional chief career.

We have no good reason to think there will be restaurants of any kind in the base game. We have also seen both the maps for Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, and there's no where in either of those worlds for either of those venues.

Its also safe to assume that EA would have shown off these venues if they were a part of the game, by now.
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    And we see that some people are already expecting diners in the game. The clothes shop/diner/restaurant are all EA pics in a preload folder as Peter said. Since the clothes shop was proven (by a simguru) to not exist, there is every indication the diner and restaurant do not either. They are not on the maps either.

No, nor has EA been flashing these pictures around to try and "trick" people into thinking they are selling something that isn't in the game. The few ones I have seen came up when people were showing videos of them playing the game. I, for one, would like nothing more than to have working restaurants, but people are going to be really disappointed when they get the game and feel fooled that there wasn't more content than has already been advertised. Especially when these kinds of rumors spring up on the forums and get people's hopes up needlessly.

edited September 2014
    Yes I think this is the Diner in Oasis Landing. Good to see we get npc wait staff and an open resturent. I hope they will show this in the LB tomorrow.
    BwWzB8DCIAAnMZn.png

That image is a picture that goes with one of the part time jobs for teenagers. There are no restaurants in the game, so there aren't any restaurant NPCs either. Sorry to have to disappoint people like this.
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »

Matrix career?? :D

I assume that's for the secret agent career, I'm guessing.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    @Aoralys Well first of all I never stated anything was in the game. I simply posted pictures so it could be discussed. ;)
  • Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    Why do you have a disagree. What is there to disagree with? But those pictures are odd, especially the one that showed an empty-ish neighborhood.

I think people like pressing buttons. Anyway, as Llandros2012 said, those were during a demo I think and are just pictures they show while choosing your career.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    very nice pics
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    edited September 2014
    @alancopeland has interesting pics on his twitter feed. also @simgurusarah @simgurutatertot
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
    edited September 2014
    Jerrello wrote: »
    @Aoralys Well first of all I never stated anything was in the game. I simply posted pictures so it could be discussed. ;)

@Jerrello I know you did not, but the title of your thread suggest the possibility. And after reading the first few pages of posts, it seems like a number of people now have their heart set on thinking that there will be some cool content that EA hasn't advertised in the game. I just would hate for some people to be all excited at a feature and then feel really disappointed when playing the game. They should be excited for what is in the game when they play, and not be disappointed because they thought something else would be there only to find out it is not.

I'm getting the game, and I am super excited for it, I just want people to end up feeling happy about their purchse.

• AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    They are just the pictures for teen jobs, they've showed them before. :smile:
    @Aoralys Well what since would it make to disagree with something that wasn't even stated. I posted pictures and your trying to make it sound like something it's not. It's a "discussion" thread. Thanks for the concern though lol. :)
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    This thread IS misleading. Your title suggests that diners are in the base game, when we all know they are just staged pictures.

It has been stated and proved many times that museums, gyms, libraries and bars/lounges are the only community lots.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Jerrello wrote: »
    @Aoralys Well what since would it make to disagree with something that wasn't even stated. I posted pictures and your trying to make it sound like something it's not. It's a "discussion" thread. Thanks for the concern though lol. :)

ReRead the Discussion Title you gave your first post. That is what people are disagreeing with, I am sure. I know when I saw the topic title the first thing that went through my head is "Uhh...no, there is no diner".

I did not click disagree; I've seen these pictures before and realize some people are drawing conclusions from them (because they haven't seen the threads where we determined both where the mock-up images for jobs/careers). but I am pretty darn sure the misleading discussion title is the reason some folks did "disagree".
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    edited September 2014
    @catloverplayer I swear I thought I was the only one who saw that diner/fastfood place in Oasis Springs. It is right next to the fake car wash. I am pretty sure it is fake and just decor as well.
    @Atomicus Well maybe your issue is with EA being that they apparently put these pictures together. I placed a question mark for a reason.

@Stormkeep The discussion title is the same..also that's why I apologized in advance in case it was old news for some.