Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Digital Download

2...Next

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    There really is no difference between a digital or physical copy; besides that one is digital and the other is physical.
  • LadyMissJenniLadyMissJenni Posts: 44 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    There really is no difference between a digital or physical copy; besides that one is digital and the other is physical.

Other than, perhaps, the physical bonus goodies like the afore-mentioned keychain and the fancy book.
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    I'd rather have the game than have a case to stare at or a keychain.

That's just me though. If I can get a game digital, I get it digital. I just prefer it.

Last game I bought a physical copy was GTA V of September last year. And that was because I wanted the special edition and limited edition guide.
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    I'm buying the Digital deluxe version, even after getting burned by SIMCITY, but as far as this game goes, I'll eventually buy a Disk version, I will always have the D.D. Codes for the content, but if for some reason it won't work anymore The disk version always will. as long as I don't mess with it.

I can't wait for 1 day 1 hour and 18 minutes to pass, I want to play TS4..
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    I've been debating the issue myself. As a matter of a fact, I was just discussing the digital download versus going out to purchase the disk at midnight with my husband. I came into the thread to see what people had to say that might influence my decision one way or the other.

I'm torn between playing it an hour sooner or having the little plumb-bob key chain which I'm not even sure I'll get with the physical copy since Walmart.com said it was a pre-order thing.

I actually have a preorder card I purchased at walmart, but I have had issues in the past where the walmart did not have the game on the day of release, so I am just thinking of going with digital download.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • LadyMissJenniLadyMissJenni Posts: 44 Member
    Yes, the Walmart in the town where I live never has anything so I would have to venture a little piece down the road to the next closest WM to get it. If that fails I'd go to the Walmart that I actually shop at (when I rarely shop there). I'm sure they will have it.
  • lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member
    Just checking, but no one actually has their game downloading yet, right? I thought that once you purchased it it would start downloading, but now it says that it will be preloading at a later time. ie, not just yet.
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    going digital easier and all my games on steam on digital.
  • katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    They say you can only download so many copies of your digital downloads but I've never once had an issue and I have changed computers, gotten new harddrives, reinstalled windows, upgraded windows, reinstalled windows again.. never had a problem.
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
    lboosmommy wrote: »
    Just checking, but no one actually has their game downloading yet, right? I thought that once you purchased it it would start downloading, but now it says that it will be preloading at a later time. ie, not just yet.

Dont quote me, but I think I have read where people are pre-downloading the game, but if you live in an area where it comes out at a later date, you cant pre-download just yet.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member
    Yeah, that gets tricky where I live. I'm overseas in Japan but with a US IP address. It says it'll preload September 2nd at midnight local time (so around 8am September 1st Pacific time) and be available to play September 4th at midnight (8am September 3rd Pacific Time).
  • ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2014
    I usually always bought the physical copies for the sims series, but decided to go digital with the Sims 4. To me it seemed more convenient and with Sims 4 using Origin as the launcher now it made sense to me to just convert to digital. Even physical copies of the game have to register through Origin and the game will always use Origin to launch the game regardless. If you don't have internet, it will launch the game through Origin using offline mode.
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    JellyEyes wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    No. Disks are physical, digital is digital...lol.
    While the game may be the same, The DL may have some form DRM like it was with Sims 3 DL where you had a limit that you can install, whereas with disc you can install on as many computers you want, but only play on one at a time.

That's something that makes me nervous about a digital download.

Me too. That's why when I get it, I'll go physical & just register w origin
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    chococat9 wrote: »
    The only real difference is with digital, you don't need a disc to play the game and don't have to worry about losing your disc.

no you just have to worry about EA taking it away from you.. since if its digital it isnt your property... your just renting it and they can remove it whenever they see fit.

If they shut down the activation server, even your physical disk could stop working too since it too needs activation...Anyway, just something to consider.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    Yeah, that gets tricky where I live. I'm overseas in Japan but with a US IP address. It says it'll preload September 2nd at midnight local time (so around 8am September 1st Pacific time) and be available to play September 4th at midnight (8am September 3rd Pacific Time).
    Similar situation with me, I can start preloading at 3.00 on the 2nd (Australia)
    preloaddate_zpsa7ba39e0.png
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • fede1408uyfede1408uy Posts: 141 Member
    you can play when you´re offline...just log in to Origin...you will access in offline mode..try it :)
    tumblr_m83xdxb9Ee1qza4gto1_500_zps5fc3dacb.gif
  • cherl2066cherl2066 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @JuanGartner said:
    > I think physical's better, If you can buy it, do it! cause you can have both digital and physical if you introduce your code on Origin.

how do you do this? I have all the sims 3 disks registered on origin but I am still required to put in the game disk to play every time. Not sure what we are missing lol
    cherl2066 wrote: »
    > @JuanGartner said:<br />
    > I think physical's better, If you can buy it, do it! cause you can have both digital and physical if you introduce your code on Origin.<br />
    <br />
    how do you do this? I have all the sims 3 disks registered on origin but I am still required to put in the game disk to play every time. Not sure what we are missing lol

You would have to download it from origin in order to not have to use the disc
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • TheChizpTheChizp Posts: 1 New Member
    I think physical is better because I had over 10 sims 3 games and I broke my laptop. when I went back on to origin a year later. they were all gone like it never happened I was really upset by this because I lost the disc and I couldn't receive anything back.
  • WicWic Posts: 1 New Member
    If I buy sims 4 online. Do i need to be connected to the Internet to play?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited December 2016
    Wic wrote: »
    If I buy sims 4 online. Do i need to be connected to the Internet to play?

Hello @Wic
    You don't need to be connected to the internet to play the game. You do need though to connect to the internet first to register and acticate the game. It is also good to play the game once, whilst connected to the internet. Then you can click the origin label at the top of the screen in origin,then choose to "go offline" from the drop down menu.
    You will still need to log in to Origin when playing the game , but you won't be online.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I prefer physical also but there isn't a choice with ts4.